FA Cup weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FA Cup weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only caught the last 20-30 mins of regulation and the added extra time. williams was solid from what I saw. He Shanked a pretty good opportunity, ball sliced well wide of the goal on a half volley from a decent position. Otherwise he looked like he belonged on the field.

Ref blew/missed a handball call on Arsena in the 80-something that minute that should have been a Reading PK, and swallowed his whistle on some other bad no-calls where Reading players got taken down, but was giving the same calls to Arsenal.

Readings goalie did not get a good nights sleep last night. Just a soft, soft goal to give up in a such a big spot.

Reaction Score
Liverpool was rubbish.

I would love to see Southampton get some mojo back and steal the Europa slot from Liverpool, or, better yet, the Champions play-in slot from Man City. That said, Liverpool will likely get the Europa slot as they have 6 matches left (most only have 5) and only 1 of those is against a top 5 team (Chelsea). Man City, on the other hand, has to deal with hot and confident Aston Villa, Tottenham, Swansea, and Southampton in their final 6 matches. Tottenham's schedule over their last 5 appears favorable, though their next game with Southampton is huge. Southhampton not only has Tottenham on their plate; but, also Aston Villa and Man City to wrap-up their last 5 games. Arsenal's match against Man U will likely determine who finishes 2nd and 3rd. Chelsea basically has the EPL wrapped-up with a 10 point lead with 6 games left of which only 2 should be challenging - Arsenal and then Liverpool.

Reaction Score
I heard something this morning on Sirius. Liverpool has spent more money on players than Chelsea and Manchester City. Also speculation that Brendan Rogers might jump ship to Man City because Fenway keeps bringing in players over his head and that Liverpool will get Jurgen Klopp.

Reaction Score
Doesn't 5th and 6th get Europa slots too, and then either 7th place or the FA Cup winner if they finish outside top 7 (so Villa if they beat Arsenal at Wembley)? I feel like there's always 3 EPL teams in Europa.
I'm torn, I don;t want Spurs to do poorlym but a big part of me wants them not distracted by Europa, and 100% focused on EPL (no more Thursday games followed by Sunday league matches). Worked out pretty well for Man U this season.

Reaction Score
Doesn't 5th and 6th get Europa slots too, and then either 7th place or the FA Cup winner if they finish outside top 7 (so Villa if they beat Arsenal at Wembley)? I feel like there's always 3 EPL teams in Europa.
I'm torn, I don;t want Spurs to do poorlym but a big part of me wants them not distracted by Europa, and 100% focused on EPL (no more Thursday games followed by Sunday league matches). Worked out pretty well for Man U this season.

Yes, I believe you are correct on the EPL Europa slots - teams 5/6/7 got to Europa unless the FA Cup Winner falls out of the Top 7 (or not in the EPL at all).

I also fully agree that Tottenham should focus 100% next season on getting into the Regulation Zone of the EPL :cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I heard something this morning on Sirius. Liverpool has spent more money on players than Chelsea and Manchester City. Also speculation that Brendan Rogers might jump ship to Man City because Fenway keeps bringing in players over his head and that Liverpool will get Jurgen Klopp.

I wouldn't miss Rogers if he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA