Ezi Magbegor | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doing my usual hunting and pecking I went looking for all things Ezi Magbegor. Prospect Nation has her rated #1 forward/center. Below is a short video of her stuff at the U17s, which earned her MVP there. She recently won Rookie of The Year in Australia's Professional League. "Magbegor’s dazzling performances off the bench caught the eye of Opals coach Sandy Brondello, who placed Magbegor in the Australian Opals’ initial Commonwealth Games squad." https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...d/news-story/4374a38c267ea76f51a506d7ff922247

Anyone have any fresher info?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Not sure it is fresher but here is an interview for Ezi ( ĕzē ) Magbegor. Seems like a nice kid.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Does Ezi have a brother, Ovi? Can UCONN recruit them as a package deal? ;):rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know. I've said this before, but it's hard to believe the "College I (she) wants to go to" hasn't already submitted an offer to her. It kind of leaves me puzzled. To me it's unimaginable that the college out west (which shall remain nameless) or Geno hasn't already tendered a tendril.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I've said this before, but it's hard to believe the "College I (she) wants to go to" hasn't already submitted an offer to her. It kind of leaves me puzzled. To me it's unimaginable that the college out west (which shall remain nameless) or Geno hasn't already tendered a tendril.

you can imagine what a really difficult choice she has to make...........stay at home to play and earn some experience and money or travel thousands of miles away to attend four years of college in a strange country................I know her brother is playing in Georgia but do we know whether she has been to the USA before?

Reaction Score
Ovie Magbegor is already pursuing a college basketball career at the University of West Georgia
Ovie Magbegor bio - UWG Wolves
She is some talent, with some moves she is a bit like Azura, a more solid body from what I can see. Loads of talent.
If she is already in an Aussie college, does that infer she is not available or does not want a USA college BB experience??

Reaction Score
you can imagine what a really difficult choice she has to make......stay at home to play and earn some experience and money or travel thousands of miles away to attend four years of college in a strange country......I know her brother is playing in Georgia but do we know whether she has been to the USA before?
The real question is : Which of the many choices she may have will give her what she is looking for?
Along with your post above--I have no clue what that may be---it would be nice if she wanted a College program that would lead directly to an WNBA and European career (I have no idea what USA college would be the right path for that--do you???

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She is some talent, with some moves she is a bit like Azura, a more solid body from what I can see. Loads of talent.
If she is already in an Aussie college, does that infer she is not available or does not want a USA college BB experience??
I would love to see her at UConn. But one of the implications of the pro vs. college choice is that she might try the college route but then after one or two years change her mind and go pro. I would hope that she and her parents would feel like she should get a college education; maybe I'm all wet.

Here's a question: If she were to come, how does that affect ONO?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think their name starts with a UC and ends in an LA.

Ah, okay. I was gonna guess Stanford. I think almost everybody in the Pac 12 has an Australian on their roster currently.

Reaction Score
I would love to see her at UConn. But one of the implications of the pro vs. college choice is that she might try the college route but then after one or two years change her mind and go pro. I would hope that she and her parents would feel like she should get a college education; maybe I'm all wet.

\
I think ONO could understand some Aussie, with help. Talent I believe likes playing with talent--as long as they get equal PT.
A couple of thoughts (and this is really hard for me, thinking)---I'd take her at Uconn for 2 years if thats all I could get--she appears to be that kind of talent--a difference maker.

Back when Lew Alcindor was at UCLA--he was agonizing over whether to stay or go pro-. I thought then it was a bad choice to stay. If he was injured at UCLA and could not play--no pro career. If he played pro for a year or 2--he'd get the signing bonus and a good salary for a few years--even with a career ending injury (with NBA retirement)---Lew (Kareem (sp)) choose UCLA for another year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
you can imagine what a really difficult choice she has to make......stay at home to play and earn some experience and money or travel thousands of miles away to attend four years of college in a strange country......I know her brother is playing in Georgia but do we know whether she has been to the USA before?
Yes, but this does not appear to be her quandary. Obviously she has received offers from many institutions. She has never said, "The college situation I want to be in". The phrase that she has repeated before, "The college I want to go to", implies she has a specific college she wants to attend and that college has yet to extend an offer. This is what has me perplexed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ezi is NCAA eligible because she did not collect a salary while playing in a professional league.

The real question is : Which of the many choices she may have will give her what she is looking for?
Along with your post above--I have no clue what that may be---it would be nice if she wanted a College program that would lead directly to an WNBA and European career (I have no idea what USA college would be the right path for that--do you???
Ezi has aspirations to be on the Australian Olympic Team. UCONN will help her do that.

Ezi will fit rather nicely with ONO. Ezi is more 5 than 4 and ONO is more 4 than 5 so having both player on the floor at the same time will work nicely. Don't forget if things had worked per the original plan ONO would have been sharing the floor with Charli Collier anyway.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, but this does not appear to be her quandary. Obviously she has received offers from many institutions. She has never said, "The college situation I want to be in". The phrase that she has repeated before, "The college I want to go to", implies she has a specific college she wants to attend and that college has yet to extend an offer. This is what has me perplexed.
Well connected sources on this board have heard from reliable sources that a certain US college (of the orange persuasion) offerred Ezi and was rebuffed. In terms of a UCONN's offer, let's just say that UCONN interest in Ezi grew stronger on or around September 22, 2017 when a HS class of 2018 post player, who had been committed to UCONN for the prior 10 months, decided to attend a school also of the orange persuasion, although of a somewhat less gaudy burnt shade.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well connected sources on this board have heard from reliable sources that a certain US college (of the Orange persuasion) offerred Ezi and was rebuffed. In terms of a UCONN's offer, let's just say that UCONN interest in Ezi grew stronger on or around September 22, 2017 when a HS class of 2018 post player, who had been committed to UCONN for the prior 10 months, decided to attend a school also of the orange persuasion, although of a somewhat less gaudy burnt shade.

if it's that upstate school you're talking about, Ezi may be thousands of miles away but I'm sure she knows that she won't get the coaching she needs and besides who wants to play in front of measly 1,000 fans in a huge arena any way......................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
if it's that upstate school you're talking about, Ezi may be thousands of miles away but I'm sure she knows that she won't get the coaching she needs and besides who wants to play in front of measly 1,000 fans in a huge arena any way.......
Nope, not upstate as in ACC team, think SEC team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I've spent considerable time at the University of West GA working with the fraternity and sorority system there (yes, totally bizarre, I agree.....), but UConn has a very similar campus and feel, although yes, far away. If she has visited there and felt at home, I can see UConn feeling similar. Especially compared to other high caliber programs.... Just saying.

Reaction Score
\
I think ONO could understand some Aussie, with help. Talent I believe likes playing with talent--as long as they get equal PT.
A couple of thoughts (and this is really hard for me, thinking)---I'd take her at Uconn for 2 years if thats all I could get--she appears to be that kind of talent--a difference maker.

Back when Lew Alcindor was at UCLA--he was agonizing over whether to stay or go pro-. I thought then it was a bad choice to stay. If he was injured at UCLA and could not play--no pro career. If he played pro for a year or 2--he'd get the signing bonus and a good salary for a few years--even with a career ending injury (with NBA retirement)---Lew (Kareem (sp)) choose UCLA for another year.
\

I seriously doubt this. He couldn’t have played in the NBA until his class graduated and the ABA didn’t sign an undergrad until 1969 (Spencer Haywood), the year Kareem graduated. Up to that point, the only option was the Globetrotters, a route taken by Wilt during his senior season. He continued to tour with the Trots in the summers for years. There is no way that Kareem, a very serious student, would have left a first class school to play fake basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom