Ezi Magbegor In The News | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor In The News

Reaction Score
Do we know when she has to decide if she is Going pro in Australia? In would assume thst is when we can expect to hear her decision.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that Ezi’s decision will be forthcoming very soon. After her UConn visit she was headed home. I suspect she will talk to her parents as well as others, take a couple of days to think about her choices and make her decision.

I agree with others who suggest that her decision will likely come down to remaining in the Aussie pro league or attending UConn.

Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that Ezi’s decision will be forthcoming very soon. After her UConn visit she was headed home. I suspect she will talk to her parents as well as others, take a couple of days to think about her choices and make her decision.

I agree with others who suggest that her decision will likely come down to remaining in the Aussie pro league or attending UConn.

Fingers crossed.

Could you quantify "very soon" for me, oldude?
I strongly suspect that my anxiousness will surpass that of my anticipation of Christmas as a kid!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No one knows when she will make her decision, she's a kid. So why all the guessing?
She may want to wait until April ;)
It certainly wouldn't hurt UConn's chances of landing Ezi, if she were to wait until after the NCAA Championship to make her decision, and the Huskies ended up winning that championship.

HGN

Reaction Score
Were any other Recruits seen at the UConn vs USF game Monday night?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Were any other Recruits seen at the UConn vs USF game Monday night?
Another BY’er indicated there were two other recruits sitting behind UConn’s bench, possibly including Aliyah Boston. If Boston was there, it was the 3rd or 4th Husky game she attended. I know she’s just up the road from Storrs, but her interest is such, that I’d have to consider Boston as close to a sure thing as there is when it comes to recruits.

Reaction Score
It would be great to have an Australian join the UConn WBB family. My memory is failing me, but I don't recall any european or australian on the UConn WWB team except the great Svetlana Abrosimova.

Reaction Score
Another BY’er indicated there were two other recruits sitting behind UConn’s bench, possibly including Aliyah Boston. If Boston was there, it was the 3rd or 4th Husky game she attended. I know she’s just up the road from Storrs, but her interest is such, that I’d have to consider Boston as close to a sure thing as there is when it comes to recruits.
I hope you're right about Boston and that it's more than a feeling.
On another note, how would Boston feel with ONO and Ezi being in the class in front of her ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some more thoughts on Ezi and her visits. Unlike Bags, I love the UCLA campus--weather and landscaping are to my tastes. The UConn campus looked better than on my last visit of 5 years ago and substantially better than 1972, when I graduated. Pauley is famous and nicely redone. Gampel looks pretty good, and Ezi had a real seat, not in the bleachers. Interestingly, she was at the 2 arenas with the most championship banners--UCLA for men and UConn for women. No one else is very close.

As noted, the weather was unusual on both visits. My sister in San Diego told me the temp at dinner time on Saturday was 48. So. Cal. was unusually cool. The weather in Storrs yesterday was partly/mostly sunny and 50. This morning is bright and beautiful. So, instead of a common 50-degree difference between L.A. and Storrs this time of year, it was 15-20 degrees.

I took a couple of pics of Ezi and her brother Ovie. I can't upload them, but Eric promised to help. Ovie is listed a few places as 6'5". He looked noticeably taller than Ezi. I can assure you that Ezi is taller than Bria Hartley, but I'm not sure if she is 6'4" or not. I think the FIBA videos and photos may be a better comparison.

magbegor-named-mvp.jpg

Sara Madera (Spain) is listed at 6'1-3/4". The Aussies are 5'10-3/4" and 5'5". The Chinese center is reportedly 6'8-1/2". This photo suggests 6'3", maybe 6'4" for Eziyoda.

As noted, a couple of other recruits were there and interacting with Marisa. One may have been Aliyah Boston. I was so intent on finding Ezi that I didn't look too closely once I realized that someone was not Ezi. Geno gave a wave in Ezi's direction before the game started. In addition to the good game, loud crowd, Senior Night festivities, Wall of Honor unveiling, and Gabby's dynamic game, she also got to see a strong effort from Azura off the bench. That might have been the easiest thing for Ezi to identify with. She can play the Z role. She can be the next "Z." Literally.

I don't think the guy with Ezi was her brother Ovie. His college team, Univ of West Georgia, played a game last night. I wonder if the family flew from CT to Atlanta to watch him play. UWG lost and Ovie scored 4 points and grabbed 5 boards in 11 minutes. I believe Ezi has 2 other brothers so I suspect it was one of them who was with her at the UConn game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It certainly wouldn't hurt UConn's chances of landing Ezi, if she were to wait until after the NCAA Championship to make her decision, and the Huskies ended up winning that championship.
Honestly just making the FF should impress her enough.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It would be great to have an Australian join the UConn WBB family. My memory is failing me, but I don't recall any european or australian on the UConn WWB team except the great Svetlana Abrosimova.

And Tihana Abrlic from Croatia. Also had Rashidat Sadiq from Nigeria. And of course the Big Rig, Christine Rigby from Canada.

Reaction Score
Sure would give us peace of mind.

Re: things to do in Storrs: My daughter was an officer in the Outing Club at UConn, and every weekend there would be trips to nearby areas for ; rockclimbing, caving, hot springs, hiking, waterfalls, camping. the club had a van or two if I remember and if you wanted to check out sporting equipment yourself or you and a friend were members, you could go off by yourselves. Unsure if my daughters kayak classes in one of the pools, were separate or part of the Outing club. Plenty to do in a local area, seashore, sailing, beach, RI, horse-trails, take a ice hockey class, Agricultural class, and of course Boston, NYC. I never seen my daughter after her freshman year. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom