Ezi Magbegor In The News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor In The News

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had trouble finding Ezi in the crowd, because I was 20 rows behind her. I think we had a couple of other recruits at the game—tall girls that Marissa spoke with. Well after the game, Ezi and her brother walked toward the locker room. Ezi wore a dark jacket, dark stretch pants, and white casual sneakers. Her brother was notable for wearing a ski cap with a tassel. He looks to be at least 6’7”. I saw enough of her face to confirm it was Ezi. So, yes, we have a confirmed Eziyoda sighting.

HGN

Reaction Score
Did anyone see Ezi at the USF vs UCONN game tonight?

Reaction Score
:D If UCONN beats a team by 15 or less, then the beaten team is not a pushover.
Texas, Notre Dame, and Louisville So yep! Not all of UCONN's opponents have been pushovers. :rolleyes:;)

I think you may be shortchanging UConn...............I'd say if you stay within 25 you're doing pretty well

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had trouble finding Ezi in the crowd, because I was 20 rows behind her. I think we had a couple of other recruits at the game—tall girls that Marissa spoke with. Well after the game, Ezi and her brother walked toward the locker room. Ezi wore a dark jacket, dark stretch pants, and white casual sneakers. Her brother was notable for wearing a ski cap with a tassel. He looks to be at least 6’7”. I saw enough of her face to confirm it was Ezi. So, yes, we have a confirmed Eziyoda sighting.
Thanks for the Ezi siting confirmation as well as the detailed fashion report. :)

Reaction Score
Most importantly (not really, but sort of), the weather was fairly mild (until after the game) and the campus looked beautiful.
Other than the massive rainstorm on Sunday and rotting piles of snow, I'm sure the campus looked every bit as beautiful as UCLA's.

Reaction Score
Other than the massive rainstorm on Sunday and rotting piles of snow, I'm sure the campus looked every bit as beautiful as UCLA's.
:)
Didn't see any snow at all and I took a long walk around campus around 5:00. Looked quite lovely. I'm not a big lover of the UCLA campus or of Westwood: I think it's far too intense and compressed a look for a university. Give me the mid-western look (which UConn has captured) anytime.

Reaction Score
If she goes to LA.

UCLA 2018/2019 team
A top 20 team but by no means a powerhouse.
Quite a tall team with 11 players over 6'1.

G
5'6 Dean
5'9 Jefferson
5'9 Smith
5'11 Oyenwere
6'1 Owens
6'1 Burke
6'1 Baird
F
6'1 Corsaro
6'1 Miller
6'1 Horvat
6'1 Drummer
P
6'4 Hearn
6'4 Rosenblum
6'4 Magbegor
6'6 Harris

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If she cares about getting the most out of her basketball ability, there's only one choice, and it's not the place with palm trees. But this is a complicated situation for her that makes it unique compared to recruiting American high school kids.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Following up on my post from yesterday on this thread, where I pointed out that when Ezi attended UCLA’s senior day Saturday, the crowd was listed as 3866, in an arena that holds 12000+, with UCLA struggling in OT to beat unranked Utah.

Last night Gampel was right at capacity with 9115 fans, with UConn beating 20th ranked USF by 29.

Certainly, food for thought for Ezi on her long trip home to Canberra.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some more thoughts on Ezi and her visits. Unlike Bags, I love the UCLA campus--weather and landscaping are to my tastes. The UConn campus looked better than on my last visit of 5 years ago and substantially better than 1972, when I graduated. Pauley is famous and nicely redone. Gampel looks pretty good, and Ezi had a real seat, not in the bleachers. Interestingly, she was at the 2 arenas with the most championship banners--UCLA for men and UConn for women. No one else is very close.

As noted, the weather was unusual on both visits. My sister in San Diego told me the temp at dinner time on Saturday was 48. So. Cal. was unusually cool. The weather in Storrs yesterday was partly/mostly sunny and 50. This morning is bright and beautiful. So, instead of a common 50-degree difference between L.A. and Storrs this time of year, it was 15-20 degrees.

I took a couple of pics of Ezi and her brother Ovie. I can't upload them, but Eric promised to help. Ovie is listed a few places as 6'5". He looked noticeably taller than Ezi. I can assure you that Ezi is taller than Bria Hartley, but I'm not sure if she is 6'4" or not. I think the FIBA videos and photos may be a better comparison.

magbegor-named-mvp.jpg

Sara Madera (Spain) is listed at 6'1-3/4". The Aussies are 5'10-3/4" and 5'5". The Chinese center is reportedly 6'8-1/2". This photo suggests 6'3", maybe 6'4" for Eziyoda.

As noted, a couple of other recruits were there and interacting with Marisa. One may have been Aliyah Boston. I was so intent on finding Ezi that I didn't look too closely once I realized that someone was not Ezi. Geno gave a wave in Ezi's direction before the game started. In addition to the good game, loud crowd, Senior Night festivities, Wall of Honor unveiling, and Gabby's dynamic game, she also got to see a strong effort from Azura off the bench. That might have been the easiest thing for Ezi to identify with. She can play the Z role. She can be the next "Z." Literally.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Following up on my post from yesterday on this thread, where I pointed out that when Ezi attended UCLA’s senior day Saturday, the crowd was listed as 3866, in an arena that holds 12000+, with UCLA struggling in OT to beat unranked Utah.

Last night Gampel was right at capacity with 9115 fans, with UConn beating 20th ranked USF by 29.

Certainly, food for thought for Ezi on her long trip home to Canberra.
To be fully accurate, capacity is 10,167, which we had a couple of times this year. There were at least a few hundred empty seats last night. Was the glass--I mean, arena--90% full or 10% empty? ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To be fully accurate, capacity is 10,167, which we had a couple of times this year. There were at least a few hundred empty seats last night. Was the glass--I mean, arena--90% full or 10% empty? ;)
Well at least the arena wasn’t 70% empty like Pauley Pavilion on Saturday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well at least the arena wasn’t 70% empty like Pauley Pavilion on Saturday.
It was a good crowd and quite loud. I was disappointed for Gabby and Kia that it wasn't full, but it was pretty close.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
FYI, Ezi's Australian U17 teammate at the center of the picture is Jasmine Simmons a 4.5 star international prospect is heading to Oregon State.
To Simmons left is Ezi's other Australian U17 teammate Monique Conti a PG 4.0 star international prospect as yet unsigned all according to prospect nation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Monique Conti is a dual athlete and won't be going to college.

She plays pro basketball for Melbourne Boomers (multi year contract)
She also plays professional Australian football for Western Bulldogs in the off season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom