Ezi Magbegor - Exclusive Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor - Exclusive Thread

JS

Reaction Score
This is the digital age we are living in, if the reporter had made a mistake or an omission, as some are suggesting, it would have been corrected by now. He also had an opportunity to correct the article when it was update on the paper's website.
He clearly made a mistake. Question is what kind of mistake.

Two possibilities:

1. "I should have said 'or UCLA.'" Solution: Easy enough to admit and correct. Not doing so would indicate indifference to accuracy, to private inquiries and probably to the inquiries of fellow journalists.

2. "I divulged what I'd heard before Ezi was ready to announce, publicly or maybe even to the schools involved. Can't admit that without compounding the faux pas." Solution: Clam up.

Which is more plausible?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Two possibilities:

1. "I should have said 'or UCLA.'" Solution: Easy enough to admit and correct. Not doing so would indicate indifference to accuracy, to private inquiries and probably to the inquiries of fellow journalists.

2. "I divulged what I'd heard before Ezi was ready to announce, publicly or maybe even to the schools involved. Can't admit that without compounding the faux pas." Solution: Clam up.

Which is more plausible?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Two possibilities:

Which is more plausible?

Reaction Score

Two possibilities:

Which is more plausible?

1. IMO.
There is the possibility that a correction was issued but not picked up, eh?

Reaction Score

Two possibilities:

Which is more plausible?

1. is more plausible but also easily correctable
2. less plausible but a non-response is a likely solution although he could just have said that this was his own belief so who knows

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1. is more plausible but also easily correctable
2. less plausible but a non-response is a likely solution although he could just have said that this was his own belief so who knows

I just don't see how #1 is plausible. He knows she's leaving Australia to go to school (his own reporting). He knows she's either attending UCLA or UConn (his own reporting). The article in question is not about Ezi so he really doesn't even have to list her school options in it yet he lists UConn anyway, even spelling it in its entirety.

And again, part of his beat is following and reporting on her team in Canberra. If anyone would have inside knowledge it would be him. And he has yet to make a correction.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just don't see how #1 is plausible. He knows she's leaving Australia to go to school (his own reporting). He knows she's either attending UCLA or UConn (his own reporting). The article in question is not about Ezi so he really doesn't even have to list her school options in it yet he lists UConn anyway, even spelling it in its entirety.

And again, part of his beat is following and reporting on her team in Canberra. If anyone would have inside knowledge it would be him. And he has yet to make a correction.
Sluconn once again concise and encapsulated. Pretty much end of discussion.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<Crocodile burgers are really good! First time I had it was 15 years ago.>>

They don't hold a candle to good old fashioned gator fritters. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
<<Crocodile burgers are really good! First time I had it was 15 years ago.>>

They don't hold a candle to good old fashioned gator fritters. :D
LasVegasYank

Look into my eyes. You are feeling very very sleepy. Now put down the keyboard and slowly back away from the screen.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Australia's version of Burger King--Have it your way--Mate!!
Hungry Jack's.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully she's waking up to lots of UConn headlines and reading all the stories about her future team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the other hand, if she wants to make a team relevant, UCLA is making a pitch for that right now. :oops::D

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
On the other hand, if she wants to make a team relevant, UCLA is making a pitch for that right now. :oops::D

Not sure what you mean. They've been in control since about midway thru the first quarter. Monique Billings is looking pretty good today. Ezi could step into her shoes next year if she chose UCLA.

edited--they switched games on me and I didn't realize American has gotten back into the game

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UCLA is a team with how many final 4s and in control of a game with who and that is what I meant. People use the approach in recruiting against UConn all the time: Don't you want to be the one who brings us to the pinnacle of women's ball. UCLA is a creditable member of the PAC 12. No offense intended.

Reaction Score
If basketball development is of utmost importance to her, and you'd think it is if you're willing to live on the other side of the planet for years in order to get it, then you have to choose UConn. UCLA is not in the same league and cannot offer anything close to what Geno and UConn can offer Ezi. Sun, warmth, beaches, and palm trees can be had in Australia. I don't think she's coming to the U.S. for what she already has at home.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"The preliminary rounds of Commonwealth Games basketball tip off in Cairns and Townsville on April 5."
Perfect! Time for Kia Nurse to bond with Ezi and sell her on the winning ways of UCONN.
As far as I know, Canada has not yet confirmed their roster for the Commonwealth Games. Potentially, Kia could play in the national Championship game on April 1, with the WNBA draft to follow a week later. Are we certain that Kia plans to play in the Commonwealth Games?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As far as I know, Canada has not yet confirmed their roster for the Commonwealth Games. Potentially, Kia could play in the national Championship game on April 1, with the WNBA draft to follow a week later. Are we certain that Kia plans to play in the Commonwealth Games?
No we are not certain. The Senior National Canadian Women's team is playing in the tournament, don't see why Kia would miss it. Kia is not expected to be one of the top WNBA draft picks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom