Ezi Magbegor - Exclusive Thread | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor - Exclusive Thread

JS

Reaction Score
Please use this thread to discuss recruit Ezi Magbegor.

The 22-page earlier thread finally succumbed to terminal topic drift, as had its predecessor.

This one will be monitored against diversions. Be forewarned before you spend a lot of time composing your masterpiece response about somebody or something else.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Watching the footage on Ezi, she is really amazing. If Ezi decides to commit to UConn, what a treasure for Coaches C.D. and Marissa. With the guidance and coaching of C.D. and Marissa, Ezi will be much better than Kalani Brown. Ezi will definitely benefit more at UConn than UCLA....just my opinion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Watching the footage on Ezi, she is really amazing. If Ezi decides to commit to UConn, what a treasure for Coaches C.D. and Marissa. With the guidance and coaching of C.D. and Marissa, Ezi will be much better than Kalani Brown. Ezi will definitely benefit more at UConn than UCLA....just my opinion.
Just curious. Why Kalani Brown?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ezi is more mobile than Kalani Brown. I don’t know who to compare her to, but Stewie, Azura, and Candace Parker come to mind as very rough approximations. Maybe Tina too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ezi and Kalani are post players, and both are good.
Thanks for clarifying. Kalani is a very good AA post player. Ezi is TBD, especially if she decides to come to UCONN. They are vastly different players: Kalani cannot beat you off the dribble form the top of the key or the wing, where as that one of the strenghts of Ezi's game. Ezi runs the floor like a deer with little effort while Kalani labors in the transition game.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Please use this thread to discuss recruit Ezi Magbegor.

The 22-page earlier thread finally succumbed to terminal topic drift, as had its predecessor.

This one will be monitored against diversions. Be forewarned before you spend a lot of time composing your masterpiece response about somebody or something else.
A sincere Thank You.

Reaction Score
I would say she is similar to Glory Johnson than anyone I can think of. Super athletic and explosive. Haven't seen any mid-range game.

College player she's most likely is Monique Billings, but a better version IMO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would say she is similar to Glory Johnson than anyone I can think of. Super athletic and explosive. Haven't seen any mid-range game.
College player she's most likely is Monique Billings, but a better version IMO.
Johnson is a great comparison. Ezi definitely has a mid range game as seen in her recent workout video with Sandy Brondello. Edited 3/15/18: Another great comparison of Ezi (credit my wife for thinking of this one) is Sophia Young who played and won a National Championship at Baylor.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Is this supposed to be a compliment? If so, there has to be some better choices, imo.
Ok, you lost me, did you forget the :rolleyes: emoji or are you seriously dissing A’ja Wilson, which I understand the competitive angst, but she’s a marvelously skilled player who matched expectations heaped upon her, of which were very high. I would be ecstatic if Ezi comes close.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Ok, you lost me, did you forget the :rolleyes: emoji or are you seriously dissing A’ja Wilson, which I understand the competitive angst, but she’s a marvelously skilled player who matched expectations heaped upon her, of which were very high. I would be ecstatic if Ezi comes close.
Not dissing A'ja specifically (I personally believe she's overrated, as is Kelsy Mitchell, Chennedy Carter to name a couple) but seeing how this is a UConn board, maybe compare her to a Husky.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Are we all jumping the gun here? Ezi has said nothing. UConn has said nothing. No confirmations to the press.

In other words, it appears that this is all idle speculation based on an aside comment in one newspaper.

Have I got that right?
From what I have gathered, Yup.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Are we all jumping the gun here? Ezi has said nothing. UConn has said nothing. No confirmations to the press.

In other words, it appears that this is all idle speculation based on an aside comment in one newspaper.

Have I got that right?

Speculation on the Boneyard is rarely "idle.";)

Reaction Score
Carl Adamec has tweeted that UConn has not heard from Ezi in regards to the article mentioning UConn.

That statement from UConn means nothing. They could have gotten a verbal from her without her mentioning the article, or maybe Adamec has spoken with her or one of her representatives and the article was mentioned. Why would UConn even ask about the article?

To me the article is most-likely factual and the writer simply jumped the gun about something that is well known to the player, her coaches and family & her soon to be former team. And in any case I doubt we will hear anything official till mid-April.

Reaction Score
Carl Adamec has tweeted that UConn has not heard from Ezi in regards to the article mentioning UConn.

That statement from UConn means nothing. They could have gotten a verbal from her without her mentioning the article, or maybe Adamec has spoken with her or one of her representatives and the article was mentioned. Why would UConn even ask about the article?

To me the article is most-likely factual and the writer simply jumped the gun about something that is well known to the player, her coaches and family & her soon to be former team. And in any case I doubt we will hear anything official till mid-April.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom