Extended Game Week - UConn vs. Holy Cross (8/31 @7:30p SNY) + Post Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Extended Game Week - UConn vs. Holy Cross (8/31 @7:30p SNY) + Post Game

Reaction Score
Was hoping for an #uptick but I think fans are in a "show me" place right now after years of putridity.
I think we'll see a pretty big bump for USF if we take care of business Thursday. For better or worse, we know how fickle the casual fan base is, but they'll show for team showing some promise against a ranked opponent. Could see 35k assuming USF is still Top 25.

Reaction Score
I like where we catch USF on the schedule. I don't think they'll be thrilled bouncing back up here and with a new QB we could be tough to gameplan. Don't know if we can get the pieces in sync by then but it's a home game and maybe the D can disrupt. Our d-line will be a significant upgrade from what they've faced. So many questionmarks to try to evaluate this week.

Reaction Score
Was hoping for an #uptick but I think fans are in a "show me" place right now after years of putridity.

I think someone mentioned this earlier but holding at 16k after an embarrassing season is a win. I think if Diaco stayed it would have fallen dramatically and that is the major reason he's no longer here

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Just read this at collegefootballnews.com

"
Connecticut will look back to old form right away. The running game will get physical early on, while the defense will get the job done against a Holy Cross attack that’ll have a hard time keeping the chains moving.

Final Score: Connecticut 44, Holy Cross 10"

I love everything about that except calling us Connecticut. U-C-O-N-N!

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 4m 4 minutes ago
Just got off a conference call with UConn football coach Randy Edsall. Tommy Myers, Junior Joseph, Jason Thompson game are capts for opener

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2m 2 minutes ago
#UConn will add 4 walk-ons from today's tryouts & Randy Edsall hopeful that receiver Kyle Buss will be eligible to play in '17

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout
Edsall said the team will add 4 walk-ons from tryouts today. 9 tried out

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 5m 5 minutes ago
Randy Edsall confirmed that LB Eli Thomas is enrolled in classes but is not expected to play this year for #UConn

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 4m 4 minutes ago
Edsall still hasn't chosen a starting punter. Will be game time decision.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 2m 2 minutes ago
Edsall gives out scout team players of the week honors. First winners: Aaron Garland on defense and Kyle Buss on special teams and offense

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 43s 44 seconds ago
Buss, a wide receiver, is a transfer from Robert Morris. Edsall is exploring possible avenues that will allow Buss to become eligible

Reaction Score
Bummed out...first opener I will miss at the Rent aince it opened. I am humbled though by what's going on down here in Houston where I have been with NY-TF1 since yesterday after we arrived following a straight through drive from NYC. Hoping to watch some highlights of the game when I can. It's really bad down here and is going to get worse as there is no let up in rain forecast till at least Friday.

Reaction Score
Bummed out...first opener I will miss at the Rent aince it opened. I am humbled though by what's going on down here in Houston where I have been with NY-TF1 since yesterday after we arrived following a straight through drive from NYC. Hoping to watch some highlights of the game when I can. It's really bad down here and is going to get worse as there is no let up in rain forecast till at least Friday.

Uh, I'd say this is the best excuse anyone has ever had to not be in their seats at kickoff.

We done @FDNY99, stay safe

Reaction Score

God Bless You and keep you safe! You are doing God's work!

Reaction Score
DB: Kyle Buss, 5-10, 170, Shenendehowa (Clifton Park, N.Y.)
Results:
4.77 40, 4.00 SH, 38-0 PB, 30.7 VJ, 100.56 SPARQ
Breakdown: One of four players to top the century mark in the SPARQ rating.

I don't recall seeing this mentioned when Buss transferred, so forgive me if it was. In 2012, when he was an unranked DB prospect, Buss posted the 4th best SPARQ rating of the 900 athletes that participated in the NY event. His 4.00 shuttle time was the fastest overall. Then he attended Milford Academy moved to WR, he grew another inch, added 25lbs, ran a 4.34 and became a top 100 recruit in the nation.

I hope everything works out for this kid at UConn....he could be special.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So is it just SNY for the game? Any streaming options? I'll be in Vermont to start the long weekend. No cable (not that I have SNY at home either), but I have wifi.

Reaction Score
So is it just SNY for the game? Any streaming options? I'll be in Vermont to start the long weekend. No cable (not that I have SNY at home either), but I have wifi.
ESPN3 is streaming the game for those outside of SNY local range. That's what we're hearing at least and that's what ESPN is saying.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How is 2 days before the season and they're not sure if players are eligible?

Reaction Score
How is 2 days before the season and they're not sure if players are eligible?

Buss is the only one and he has a unique transfer/eligibility situation. They are most likely waiting for a final ruling on a waiver request.

From the Fuller article above:

>>Speaking of Buss, it's been on my radar to ask Edsall if he would be eligible this season after transferring in from Robert Morris. I finally got around to asking that question today. "Right now no but we are trying to investigate every way possible to see if there is an opportunity for that," Edsall said.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think we'll see a pretty big bump for USF if we take care of business Thursday. For better or worse, we know how fickle the casual fan base is, but they'll show for team showing some promise against a ranked opponent. Could see 35k assuming USF is still Top 25.

No offense but that's insane. If they get 25k in the stadium for USF that's a huge number.

When the AD tells you there are 16k season tickets - that means we are just about at 10k for non-students. They are printing tickets as giveaways for HC and still only have distributed 21k.

Reaction Score
No offense but that's insane. If they get 25k in the stadium for USF that's a huge number.

When the AD tells you there are 16k season tickets - that means we are just about at 10k for non-students. They are printing tickets as giveaways for HC and still only have distributed 21k.
None taken. 35k is probably aggressive, but I do think it'll be higher than 25k. There's a big difference between a Thursday night game against HC and a Saturday afternoon game against a ranked opponent IMO. Especially if the team puts on a decent showing tomorrow night. There are a lot of people in wait and see mode.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom