Expectations Going Forward

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Weed out the weak players.
Build the roster.
Crush our enemies,
See them driven before us
And hear the lamentations of their Women.

That’s my expectations going forward.

+ a million

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on just going into total rebuild mode? Starting Wilson, giving B Adams more minutes, Playing Diarra major minutes when he comes back, off season type workout routines....
IIRC there was a game at the end of the year that we were playing poorly at USF and he benched the starters then stuck with the bench guys as they brought us back into the game. Then the starters were back in for the next game. He never tanked, focused on the future, etc.

That's a firm 'no' for me, dawg.

You don't 'tank' in CBB. There's no friggin draft. In fact, the exact opposite is more true. You could argue that tanking is bad for recruiting on a number of fronts, in that the more wins you have, the more fans you have, the more likely you are to land the big fish.

Besides, after the last few years, I'm tired of putting less than our best product on the floor. I want the best chance to enjoy games, win or lose.

Also, if we're being honest, you can develop guys by mixing them in spurts anyway.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It appears Hurley has been playing for the future in terms of playing Carlton over Cobb. He hasn't even been giving Cobb the opportunity to improve his D in the cupcake games. Not playing your best frontcourt offensive player and rebounder (of games against good comp) in the biggest game of the season is basically throwing in the towel on this year.

Quite certain it's because Cobb blows on defense. Hurley, like JC before him, prioritizes defense over all else, including offense. We are so limited on O anyway, that I don't think Cobb's contributions matter all that much given what he gives up at the other end of the floor.

Reaction Score
IIRC there was a game at the end of the year that we were playing poorly at USF and he benched the starters then stuck with the bench guys as they brought us back into the game. Then the starters were back in for the next game. He never tanked, focused on the future, etc.

How do you tank in college hoops?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom