Expectations for 2020 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Expectations for 2020

Reaction Score
I'll be curious about what the TV money looks like. Wins are essential to grow the base but the program has to start paying for itself sooner or later. Will the Huskies get tied up in a multi-year contract with SNY that includes both football and basketball? The money side of expectations should be pretty important also.

Reaction Score
Games with P5 opponents mean we'll be on their networks and I guess we don't receive much money other than the payday check. Games on SNY, etc. (even CBSSN) won't generate much tv revenue to speak of.

Expectations? Hoping for 5 wins, but most of all being competitive against the P5 opponents. Physically and depth-wise, except for the o-line, I think we are in better shape than we've been in awhile. D-line and skill positions look promising.

Reaction Score
It’s impossible for me to put a # on the win total... so many question marks on the roster and, personally, very little familiarity with a lot of the teams on the schedule. Hard for me to say how we match up.

I will say that I think we’ve reached a point where everybody is at UConn because they want to be at UConn. This is entirely Randy’s team now. We’ll see where he goes with it.

Reaction Score
"It an area of unknown right now." How could QB be a position of unknown when HCRE2.0 decided last year that a real freshman had "IT" and when the season starting QB could not play the 2nd game HCRE2.0 skipped the then 2nd string QB and started and played the freshman 3rd string QB. HCRE2.0's reasoning: "The kid has "IT".
I don't think a freshman QB who has never played a game who is determined to have "IT" by his 60 year old, former college QB with over 200 games coached could possibly lose the starting position the next year. Come on, you think the kid lost his "IT"? The "IT" kid will prove what we all know about HCRE2.0's coaching ability.

Reaction Score
If Krajewski didn't break a collar bone in the first game he played he might have been "it". At least for last season anyways. Zergoitis wasn't ready and Beaudry was wounded.

Reaction Score
If Krajewski didn't break a collar bone in the first game he played he might have been "it". At least for last season anyways. Zergoitis wasn't ready and Beaudry was wounded.
If Steven Krajewski had "IT", HCRE2.0 would have found it regardless of his getting hurt as HCRE2.0 found "IT" in Z after just watching him in practice as the 3rd string guy.

Reaction Score
Well, let's just hope one of them has "it" this year and is "it". The team needs some consistency at the helm. :)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
IT doesn't mean you are ready to win right now. IT means you have what it takes to lead a team when the chips are down. You can see that even though he didn't play with American HS rules, he adapted over an 12 game season. He got better and when he takes the next step in learning the offense and the defense and how to continue to get loft on the ball, he will take us from close to winning. That is IT.

Let me ask you this- who other than Orlovsky have we had that had IT. Who could make a winning drive with 2 minutes to go? Who could lift up other players? Lorenzen and Fraser had a great cast around them. Whitmer didn't have IT and Pindell never had a chance with the talent around him to determine if he could do that. To me, the closest to IT was Bryant Shireffs and Casey Cochran - add Zergiotis to that list as well. And PS - Krajewski might have IT to but I haven't seen enough to say that.

Reaction Score
I am sure they expected Beaudry to have enough "it" to be the guy last year and this upcoming year. When he did not seize the job in summer camp, competing with a RS freshman (and during the season a true freshman), that was telling.

He seems like a nice kid, worked hard, and tried his best. It ended up being a swing and miss, which happens. Whether it was injury, physical talent limitations, psychological limitations, or any combination of those, I don't know, or care. It didn't work out and both parties have moved on. I wish him the best. I hope he lights it up for Idaho.

Reaction Score
Was thinking about this thread title and what immediately came to mind was

Survive and Advance

Reaction Score
And look what he did in a game that he broke his collar bone in. In a boat race game he came back out improved his play and didn’t give up on his team.i don’t know about you guys but that’s the type of toughness and leadership this team needs. I’d like to see him get a opportunity when he’s healthy and 100 percent not just thrown in to game play in the middle of the game and not being able t establish a rythum. Look how he started against UCF throws a pick six. Then comes back against the starters goes 7-11 fot I think it was 70 yards and about 30 on the ground got multiple first downs and got the team in scoring position twice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And look what he did in a game that he broke his collar bone in. In a boat race game he came back out improved his play and didn’t give up on his team.i don’t know about you guys but that’s the type of toughness and leadership this team needs. I’d like to see him get a opportunity when he’s healthy and 100 percent not just thrown in to game play in the middle of the game and not being able t establish a rythum. Look how he started against UCF throws a pick six. Then comes back against the starters goes 7-11 fot I think it was 70 yards and about 30 on the ground got multiple first downs and got the team in scoring position twice.
Steven Krajewski showed me something in that game. I'm excited to see if he is now ready to be QB1. I really don't care who it is, as long as someone finally takes the reins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom