Exodus at Wichita State... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Exodus at Wichita State...

Reaction Score
with the new transfer rule kicking in this annual mass exodus could be the new normal for teams in mid major conferences. the only 2 programs i see overcoming it are gonzaga and memphis....no more seasons like the one dayton just had. fewer cinderallas at the big dance. thank god we left the aac when we did- we certainly wouldnt be vying for nolley right now.

Reaction Score
Probably not a good place to AG with this wave of losses. Way too many to assure you have people to throw the ball to.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Someone to watch out for here is Tyson Etienne. Mac’s cousin. We need a guard, we fairly heavily recruited him out of HS. Played for PSA which has essentially become a feeder program for us.

Doesn’t seem like he’s going anywhere. In the article posted by Hey Adrien!, Etienne is quoted as being committed to the program and to Marshall’s vision. Pretty much assured fans that he’s staying put.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Atlantic article on Wichita

For anyone that subscribes maybe you can give us the jist....
Mostly blames trying to keep 2 guys at once at point guard and center position, leading to neither being happy and all 4 of them leaving. Says Dexter Dennis told him he'd be back even if he put his name in the draft. Added Al, some JuCo guys and a couple high school recruits, couple guys sitting out this past year that they're excited about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The existing PG became resentful when he thought Marshall was fluffing up the new guy too much. Doesn't seem likely that would happen with DH.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Regardless of what the kids say, their actions speak louder than words. And the coach clearly lost control of the locker room.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Listen, everyone is recruiting the same "culture" of kids these days. Don't put it on the kids, put a lack of "team" on the coach. There are plenty of D1 coaches out there that don't have 7 transfers and a walk-on (of all things) leaving their team this year...

Reaction Score
If I'm the kid, I keep whatever happened between me and the school.
I agree it's always preferable to keep things in house. Here's what Marshall said during the season:

“He looked like the Erik from earlier in the year,” Marshall said. “He had a little bounce to him. He was rebounding, getting in there in the fray. Didn’t look like any ailments, physically or mentally. I’m just glad he was able to rally.
“These guys have so much going on, it’s amazing what we deal with now from just a personal perspective. All of them have so much going on with the social media and the families and the friends and coaches.”

those comments came after this happened...

Marshall spoke publicly several times about WSU’s off-the-court issues that came to the forefront after three straight losses marred the 15-1 start. After a 33-point loss at Houston, the coach said he felt like there was a disconnect between the coaching staff and the players. When WSU lost five out of seven games, Marshall said he felt more like a team psychologist than a basketball coach at times.

So considering what Marshall said publicly during the season. Now that he can publicly defend himself without having to worry about retaliation from coaches; what about Stevenson's quotes was classless?

I'm not picking a side, nobody is innocent. But you're calling a young man classless, when he appears to be doing nothing more than answering questions honestly.

Reaction Score
I agree it's always preferable to keep things in house. Here's what Marshall said during the season:

“He looked like the Erik from earlier in the year,” Marshall said. “He had a little bounce to him. He was rebounding, getting in there in the fray. Didn’t look like any ailments, physically or mentally. I’m just glad he was able to rally.
“These guys have so much going on, it’s amazing what we deal with now from just a personal perspective. All of them have so much going on with the social media and the families and the friends and coaches.”

Marshall spoke publicly several times about WSU’s off-the-court issues that came to the forefront after three straight losses marred the 15-1 start. After a 33-point loss at Houston, the coach said he felt like there was a disconnect between the coaching staff and the players. When WSU lost five out of seven games, Marshall said he felt more like a team psychologist than a basketball coach at times.

So considering what Marshall said publicly during the season. Now that he can publicly defend himself without having to worry about retaliation from coaches; what about Stevenson's quotes was classless?

I'm not picking a side, nobody is innocent. But you're calling a young man classless, when he appears to be doing nothing more than answering questions honestly.
Fair points. Obviously, Marshall has done something in the wrong and there is evidence from his former players of poor relationships with players.

This just goes back to Alterique. Hope it all works out for him in Wichita.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom