Exodus at Wichita State... | The Boneyard

Exodus at Wichita State...

Reaction Score
When they found out that they weren't going to play UConn anymore being in the American seemed pointless?
WSU probably wouldn’t have joined the AAC except that UConn was a member
Sampson also mentioned UConn as a factor in taking the Houston job.
I’m sure their is a little angst in the AAC basketball community over UConn’s departure.
Their commissioner is not a basketball guy so it’s not unfounded

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
WSU probably wouldn’t have joined the AAC except that UConn was a member
Sampson also mentioned UConn as a factor in taking the Houston job.
I’m sure their is a little angst in the AAC basketball community over UConn’s departure.
Their commissioner is not a basketball guy so it’s not unfounded
There certainly has been animosity from us towards other teams that moved out of the American. Louisville for example.

Reaction Score
Is Marshall leaving?

Not originally. Who knows now. These transfers caught him by surprise in a team mutiny kind of way. Let's just say there's a way to be "tough" on your players in a loving/family kinda way (like our beloved Danny). Hearing Marshall was just "tough"....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just imagine how the Yard would be if that happened here. Then I realize it did, to football. And pretty much much no one cared.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
this isn't the 90's anymore.

no one wants to play for lunatic weirdos like marshall anymore.

people have been reporting this goes back for several years, players and former players are incredibly unhappy with marshall.

wonder what happens with them if marshall indeed is out in a few years, they are literally a program built on one man.

Reaction Score
I just imagine how the Yard would be if that happened here. Then I realize it did, to football. And pretty much much no one cared.
I mean, didn't we basically experience the same thing under Ollie a couple years ago? We lost Steve Enoch, Vance Jackson, Juwan Durham, and Makai Ashton-Langford all in one offseason. Tough scene on the Boneyard back then.

Reaction Score
I mean, didn't we basically experience the same thing under Ollie a couple years ago? We lost Steve Enoch, Vance Jackson, Juwan Durham, and Makai Ashton-Langford all in one offseason. Tough scene on the Boneyard back then.

A. Wichita was a bubble NCAA team. UConn was .500-ish.
B. MAL backed out of his commitment, thus he never played for UConn.
C. The only real contributor was Jackson. Stevenson, Sherfield, and Burton combined for 30+ points per game.

Conclusion: No, it's not really the same thing.

Reaction Score
If what I've heard is true, Wichita may need to fill 8 scholarships this off-season. That's a tough task when you don't have corona virus recruitment restrictions...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
this isn't the 90's anymore.

no one wants to play for lunatic weirdos like marshall anymore.

people have been reporting this goes back for several years, players and former players are incredibly unhappy with marshall.

wonder what happens with them if marshall indeed is out in a few years, they are literally a program built on one man.

Yikes. That's insane.

Reaction Score
I was more shocked to hear some of the former player rumblings/lack of support for him from guys like Van Fleet, Clarence, Baker. I guess winning doesn’t cure EVERYTHING

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom