Exodus at Wichita State... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Exodus at Wichita State...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
There are many ways to win. Having a PG who is a lock down defender is usually near the top of the list. Cuts the head off the dragon. UConn has won some nice championships with this formula

Reaction Score
AG has always been a little difficult to evaluate for me. He’s an extremely undersized 2 who’s best attribute is being able to defend PG’s.

The Cole/JG compliment that they know who to get the balll to before it’s even to them, and their ability to think a few passes ahead isn’t a trait that I’d say AG has. To say his defense and acceptance into a complimentary role wasn’t a contribution to our success at the end of the year tho Is incorrect

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Wish AG nothing but the best but the people who are heralding AG's play as our saving grace down the stretch rather than Bouk and Whaley's emergence are airing on the side of delusion. We started winning when Gaffney became the starting PG and AG was moved to the bench lets not forget.

Reaction Score
I love AG, a true warrior. he still has potential for an All AAC consideration. He really got a raw deal with injuries, timing, and the of the new influx of talent/ direction of the program.

hope he shines bright, he deserves it. I’ll be tuning into shocker games as often as I can

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wish AG nothing but the best but the people who are heralding AG's play as our saving grace down the stretch rather than Bouk and Whaley's emergence are airing on the side of delusion. We started winning when Gaffney became the starting PG and AG was moved to the bench lets not forget.

No one said that man people read what they want. He was a bigger part of it than people like you give him. And by the way CV sucked too until Bouk came along so lets hold back with the CV talk too. Bouk was the major key because teams began to fear him on offense hence creating space. And both CV and Ag made better decisions and made shots as we came down the stretch. Gaffney, now that's overrated from my perspective. On one end he couldn't guard anyone on the other he made 'better decisions" because people were now making shots, Bouk became who he could be. And Gaff shot worst than anyone so let's see him make a shot before ehe's the key moving forward. He was also fairly the same as at the beginning coming down the stretch, he struggled and has a lot to prove this year still. The potential is there and I believe he shoots it better than he did but he has a ways to go. With Cole here and Diggins yet he may never get handed to PG spot to begin.

And by the way can you read the OT it was about AG? How dare I not include the obvious about how good everyone else was in a thread about Alterique Gilbert and WSU. :confused:

Reaction Score
Oh stop, those who are sticking up for AG are responding to comments like he couldn't play at this level or won't be missed, not saying that Alterique was Kemba or Bazz down the stretch.

And it's time to stop this narrative that we 'We started winning when Gaffney became the starting PG and AG was moved to the bench' to rest for good. Correlation does not equal causation was invented for situations like this.

Some of those closes losses when AG started are wins if Gaffney was a productive backup during that stretch instead of being borderline unplayable and some of those close wins when Gaffney started are Ls if we don't have AG coming in and playing well. Yet 'We started winning when Gaffney became the starting PG' gives Gaffney the credit for that and punishes AG for helping us win.

UConn played a much easier schedule down the stretch, had production from TWO point guards instead of just one, Bouknight and Whaley took huge steps forward as the season went. Hell, AG started the Houston game because of it being Senior Night and outplayed Gaffney by a sizable margin the last two times we saw these Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People love revisionist history.

In February/March games...

Isaiah Whaley 10.3/8.1/0.8 w/ 2.5 blocks
James Bouknight: 17.7/5.3/1.8 w/ 36% from 3.
Christian Vital: 20.5/5.2/2.6 and w/ 90% from the FT line

You're looking at the reason we won games late in the season. Christian elevated his game to be all-conference level. Bouk realized he is an NBA talent. And all the pieces came together for Whaley finally.

Rique during that same span: 7.0/2.2/2.3 (39% from the field) -- and 0.9 STL despite this heralded defense.

Before Bouk improved we didn't have a go-to second scoring option which made everything so much harder for CV. We couldn't defend the post with Carlton playing the bulk of the minutes at the 5, and our post touches were leading to 3+ TOs a game.

He is a great guy, with a ton of heart who loves the game of basketball. But AG just wasn't good enough to compete on our level.
There's a reason Alterique left. It's good for Alterique and good for UConn, I wish him well.

Reaction Score
There's a reason Alterique left. It's good for Alterique and good for UConn, I wish him well.

I am going to enjoy watching him make fools of the rest of the AAC. Wichita is probably the only AAC team I'll choose to watch for that reason alone.

Reaction Score
I am going to enjoy watching him make fools of the rest of the AAC. Wichita is probably the only AAC team I'll choose to watch for that reason alone.
Not even sure I can bring myself to watch them, I want to pretend the AAC was all just a bad dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom