Exhibition Games - TV/Stream | The Boneyard

Exhibition Games - TV/Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First, does anyone know where these games will be streamed? Is it the same horrible quality that we have gotten the previous couple years?

My next question is, why dont these games get shown on SNY? I checked the schedule and SNY is showing "Mets Classics: Mets v. Nationals- 5/11/2010 - 6 Run Rally" at the same time as our game this Sunday. Really feel like our partnership with them should broadcast these games. A preseason UConn game would get more viewers than this random Mets replay.

Reaction Score
First, does anyone know where these games will be streamed? Is it the same horrible quality that we have gotten the previous couple years?

My next question is, why dont these games get shown on SNY? I checked the schedule and SNY is showing "Mets Classics: Mets v. Nationals- 5/11/2010 - 6 Run Rally" at the same time as our game this Sunday. Really feel like our partnership with them should broadcast these games. A preseason UConn game would get more viewers than this random Mets replay.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Uconn still has a deal with SNY unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Uconn still has a deal with SNY unfortunately.

Yes we do. All of our non-conference games that aren't on a national network will be on SNY.

This doesn't include the exhibitions however.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Exhibition games have been on HuskyVision, UConn's god awful CBS affiliated online stream service, in the past. Recently they had one month free trials that you could cancel before the monthly $10 fee started but I think they caught on and discontinued that as the majority of their customers were probably just using the service for exhibition games. I remember paying the $10 last year and the quality and reliability of the stream was poor and I regretted it but I'm a fiend for UConn bball so will probably pay again if I have to.

Shout out Leebo

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Can we seriously consider CBS Sports net as "national tv" now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes we do. All of our non-conference games that aren't on a national network
will be on SNY.

This doesn't include the exhibitions however.

Those games are sold by ESPN to SNY not by UConn. There is no UConn deal they own no television rights for football, basketball or even hockey.

Reaction Score
Those games are sold by ESPN to SNY not by UConn. There is no UConn deal they own no television rights for football, basketball or even hockey.

i'm guessing they are no longer "home to the huskies" or "the big east network"

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

1. Exhibitions are rarely, if ever, televised.
2. That Mets replay will get higher ratings.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. Exhibitions are rarely, if ever, televised.
2. That Mets replay will get higher ratings.

Does the NCAA allow exhibitions to be televised?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i'm guessing they are no longer "home to the huskies" or "the big east network"

Well the Big East is all with Fox who has a stake in YES - so yeah that's safe to say.

Reaction Score
Exhibition games have been on HuskyVision, UConn's god awful CBS affiliated online stream service, in the past. Recently they had one month free trials that you could cancel before the monthly $10 fee started but I think they caught on and discontinued that as the majority of their customers were probably just using the service for exhibition games. I remember paying the $10 last year and the quality and reliability of the stream was poor and I regretted it but I'm a fiend for UConn bball so will probably pay again if I have to.

Shout out Leebo

Congrats on leveling up to providing feedback to companies you're actually supporting.

I'm hoping they'll still accept my payment outside of the country.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love the constant dullard thought of "all of us live in CT, if you can't drop down the cost of a few tickets and go to the game... you aren't a REAL fan!"

and a lot of us dont live in Hartford county or CT

Reaction Score
Update: no issues with taking my payment from overseas. Pleasantly surprised. Now I just have to set my alarm for 2:00am on Monday lol.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Does the NCAA allow exhibitions to be televised?
Duke's exhibition against Virgina State is on one of the extended ESPN networks and ESPN3s feature event right now.

Reaction Score
Love the constant dullard thought of "all of us live in CT, if you can't drop down the cost of a few tickets and go to the game... you aren't a REAL fan!"

If you're saying that you prioritized other things besides supporting the Huskies when deciding where to live, that's OK. We need the casual fan to support, too, am I right @Chief00 ?

Reaction Score

I believe if you go to uconnhuskies.com, the hit on Multimedia, the HuskyVision you can see the game streamed at 1:00 PM. Also, if you can'T get there at that time, it MIGHT be showed after the game is over??????

Reaction Score
Couldn't make the game in person today - does anyone have a promo code for the Huskyvision? If necessary, I'll pay the $10 and cancel before the regular season begins, but is the feed really just a video of the scoreboard feed? That's pretty brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom