Exhibition Games 2021 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Exhibition Games 2021

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That will be tough over a long season.
Actually, I have been checking their roster and they have 10 Players listed. With 9 playing in the box score, only Caitlyn Bickle is missing on it vs. the roster. My suspicion is she is hurt and not cleared to play. She will be part of the core unit when healthy. As we have seen, 10 players is still a thin roster to work with and if any injuries do occur, that could spell some trouble. By and large, however, a 9 person rotation is the norm for many good teams and as Baylor has talent, playing only 9 should not be an issue. To me, this coach is unproven despite her 2 years at the WNBA Atlanta team.

Last, the Baylor team is no longer the "Lady Bears" and is just the "Bears"...

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Actually, I have been checking their roster and they have 10 Players listed. With 9 playing in the box score, only Caitlyn Bickle is missing on it vs. the roster. My suspicion is she is hurt and not cleared to play. She will be part of the core unit when healthy. As we have seen, 10 players is still a thin roster to work with and if any injuries do occur, that could spell some trouble. By and large, however, a 9 person rotation is the norm for many good teams and as Baylor has talent, playing only 9 should not be an issue. To me, this coach is unproven despite her 2 years at the WNBA Atlanta team.

Bickle is healthy. She was suspended for the game.
love and hip hop ugh GIF by VH1

Reaction Score
SCar defeats Benedict 98-41.

Cardoso with 18, 13 and 3blks in 22 minutes to lead the Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State beats Mississippi College 94-47. R Jackson with 22 points. M Taylor with 9 assists and 0 turnovers. They are clearly the team leaders. Anastasia Hayes had a good stat line and was a good overall player. Aislynn Hayes forced some shots early. Surprisingly Raven Fairly played to her strength and planted herself on the low block. She had 11 rebounds (7 offensive) with 9 points.
Coach Novak is intense and the team plays to its strength, guard play. They were in passing lanes on defense and took care of the ball fairly well: 20 assists, 16 steals, and 13 turnovers (3 each by two players).
However Mississippi State is going to get pounded inside.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State beats Mississippi College 94-47. R Jackson with 22 points. M Taylor with 9 assists and 0 turnovers. They are clearly the team leaders. Anastasia Hayes had a good stat line and was a good overall player. Aislynn Hayes forced some shots early. Surprisingly Raven Fairly played to her strength and planted herself on the low block. She had 11 rebounds (7 offensive) with 9 points.
Coach Novak is intense and the team plays to its strength, guard play. They were in passing lanes on defense and took care of the ball fairly well: 20 assists, 16 steals, and 13 turnovers (3 each by two players).
However Mississippi State is going to get pounded inside.
I saw a presser with Coach Novak and Myra Taylor. I was impressed with Novak and Myra appears to have more confidence with regard to the team than last year. Novak just learning the players skills so I suspect the team will get better as the season progresses. Coach Novak said Jessica Carter was dealing with personal issues and would be joining the team soon, did she play yesterday?

Reaction Score
I saw a presser with Coach Novak and Myra Taylor. I was impressed with Novak and Myra appears to have more confidence with regard to the team than last year. Novak just learning the players skills so I suspect the team will get better as the season progresses. Coach Novak said Jessica Carter was dealing with personal issues and would be joining the team soon, did she play yesterday?
No. Outside of whatever she hast to do to re-join the team she still has to deal with the courts as well as the university student disciplinary panel.

Reaction Score
I also agree that the team looks completely different than it did last year. Last season we pressed a lot more and or more fluid on offence. So far this season there appear to be a lot of screens, back doors as well as drives and kick outs.

Reaction Score

For me, it wasn't the 9 player rotation that concerns me, its the fact that Smith played 32 minutes in an exhibition. 30+ minutes a night over a long season for your best players is troubling part. That said, Bickle is a 4 so she should take some minutes.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
For me, it wasn't the 9 player rotation that concerns me, its the fact that Smith played 32 minutes in an exhibition. 30+ minutes a night over a long season for your best players is troubling part. That said, Bickle is a 4 so she should take some minutes.
Paige Bueckers averaged 36.2 min/game last season. Smith averaged 30.4 min/game.

Reaction Score
Wed. 11/3 Exhibitions

Georgia College @#15 Tennessee- 6:30pm (EST)
UNC Pembroke @#5 NC State- 7:00pm (EST)
West Texas A&M @#7 Baylor- 7:00pm (CT)
West Florida @#16 Florida State- 7:00pm (EST)
Slippery Rock @#17 Ohio State- 7:00pm (EST)
Oklahoma Baptist @#23 Texas A&M- 7:00pm (CT)

Thu. 11/4

Georgian Court @#4 Maryland- 6:00pm (EST)
Truman State @#9 Iowa- 6:30pm (CT)
Wisconsin- River Falls @#12 Iowa State- 6:30pm (CT)
Union University (Tenn) @#6 Louisville- 7:00pm (EST)
Grand Valley State @#11 Michigan- 7:00pm (EST)
Lee University @#13 Kentucky- 7:00pm (EST)
Oklahoma Baptist @#25 Texas- 7:00pm (CT)

Fri. 11/5

UIndy @#8 Indiana- 7:00pm (EST)
Arizona Christian @#22 Arizona- 6:30pm (MST)

Sat. 11/6

Clarke @#3 Stanford- 12:00pm (PT)
Westmont @#10 Oregon- 12:00pm (PT)
Western Washington @#14 Oregon State- 1:00pm (PT)

Sun. 11/7

Fort Hays State @#2 UConn- 1:00pm (EST)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke hosts the powerful Bulldogs from Wingate University tonight at 7. Throw out the record books when the baptists and the methodists meet on the hardwood.

Reaction Score
Duke hosts the powerful Bulldogs from Wingate University tonight at 7. Throw out the record books when the baptists and the methodists meet on the hardwood.
Does this apply for Catholics and Anglicans too?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sitting here as Duke comes onto the court..realizing I've only seen three of the players live. Thinking who the heck are some of these players as they still have on their warm-ups.

Day Wilson is tiny.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke assessed a technical foul before the game. Duke trails 2-0 before the tip off.

Reaction Score
Sitting here as Duke comes onto the court..realizing I've only seen three of the players live. Thinking who the heck are some of these players as they still have on their warm-ups.

Day Wilson is tiny.
This is how I felt with the men basketball team. 6 transfers and three freshmen. I had to print out a roster list to see who was who.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom