Exhibition Games 2021 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Exhibition Games 2021

Reaction Score
Maryland won their second exhibition game 125-33 over Georgian Court. 92 point win. Don't see that often. Freshman Shyanne Sellers was one of three players to score 20 points. Owusu and Benzan were the other two. Benzan was 12-16 from 3 during the two exhibition games as Maryland averaged 122.5 PPG. Maryland plays 4 mid major teams plus Villanova before their brutal 7 game stretch beginning with a home game against Baylor.

Reaction Score
Sitting here as Duke comes onto the court..realizing I've only seen three of the players live. Thinking who the heck are some of these players as they still have on their warm-ups.

Day Wilson is tiny.
Yes she is, but trust me, that doesn't stop her from thinking she's 10 feet tall when she drives to the hoop.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Maryland has played two exhibition games? Jeez :)
So did LSU.

But seriously, why all the judgment about preseason schedules? I think Brenda and Kim know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has their first and only exhibition game Saturday against Central Washington. Maryland has played two exhibition games? Jeez :)
I guess Brenda is trying to get them as acclimated as possible before facing NC State, Stanford, South Carolina, and Baylor later this month :eek:

Reaction Score
I saw Texas won their exhibition game 77-44 over OK-Baptist. Audrey Warren led Texas with 16 points, with Kyndall Hunter (11 points) and Latasha Lattimore (10 points) being the other two for Texas in double figures. It looks like Vic started Allen-Taylor, Harmon, Hunter, Warren, and Moore. I know Moore is undersized for the 5, but I am looking forward to seeing her develop (along with Harmon) - the potential post combination of Moore and Lattimore also intrigues me when Texas may face bigger teams.

I'm curious to hear if any Texas poster(s) were able to catch the game and their thoughts

Reaction Score
I saw Texas won their exhibition game 77-44 over OK-Baptist. Audrey Warren led Texas with 16 points, with Kyndall Hunter (11 points) and Latasha Lattimore (10 points) being the other two for Texas in double figures. It looks like Vic started Allen-Taylor, Harmon, Hunter, Warren, and Moore. I know Moore is undersized for the 5, but I am looking forward to seeing her develop (along with Harmon) - the potential post combination of Moore and Lattimore also intrigues me when Texas may face bigger teams.

I'm curious to hear if any Texas poster(s) were able to catch the game and their thoughts
If you go to the Long Horns fan site, there are posts from those who were able to watch. Most are keen on how the freshman will perform by the end of the season. One noted a concern about rebounding or lack of willingness to. If they're playing for Vic, that's going to change quickly.

Reaction Score
Arkansas played a closed door scrimmage vs Kansas last week, but tonight faces off in the "I-49 Showdown" ;) vs D-II UA-Fort Smith. Looking forward to see how and who Neighbors puts out there, but unfortunately there's no stream, just live stats.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arkansas played a closed door scrimmage vs Kansas last week, but tonight faces off in the "I-49 Showdown" ;) vs D-II UA-Fort Smith. Looking forward to see how and who Neighbors puts out there, but unfortunately there's no stream, just live stats.
Sounds like the record books should be thrown out for an I-49 Showdown. Where's @triaddukefan when we need him?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
High Point played its exhibition tonight, and won 80-68 over the Mighty Trojans of Mt Olive. First game ever in it's brand new arena.

Sounds like the record books should be thrown out for an I-49 Showdown. Where's @triaddukefan when we need him?

Those Interstate Showdowns definitely fit the bill

Reaction Score
Well, the Hogs were over 90 pts before the 4th Q, so that very well may be a record. The northern part of I-49 won the Showdown 114-55. Starters were Daniels, Ramirez. Goforth, Davis, and Barnum. Everyone saw a decent amount of playing time. Lots to like, some things to fix. Good use of an exhibition.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to Stanford vs. Clarke on Saturday, noon Pacific time. I went to Stanford's open scrimmage this past Sunday, and it was super competitive. They played a full 40 minute red vs. white game with refs and even the regular PA announcer. It will be fun to see them against another team.

Reaction Score
Well, the Hogs were over 90 pts before the 4th Q, so that very well may be a record. The northern part of I-49 won the Showdown 114-55. Starters were Daniels, Ramirez. Goforth, Davis, and Barnum. Everyone saw a decent amount of playing time. Lots to like, some things to fix. Good use of an exhibition.
I think Arkansas will be better than most people anticipate especially if FR Wolfenbarger acclimates to the college game smoothly. Goforth could really breakout this year. But they will get demolished on the boards again I bet.

Reaction Score
I think Arkansas will be better than most people anticipate especially if FR Wolfenbarger acclimates to the college game smoothly. Goforth could really breakout this year. But they will get demolished on the boards again I bet.
I am not so sure about that last part. This is a much longer team than previous Neighbors squads. Goforth and Davis are both bigger/longer than the people they’re replacing, and they are more aggressive rebounders. They finally have some height, so it’ll be interesting to see. Goforth looked great last night - and very happy to be playing in front of her family and friends.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona won their second exhibition last night. I didn't go, but apparently it went well.

Looking forward to the season, although, as I mentioned elsewhere, something came up that will prevent me from making the opener.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon St. struggled early, but then ran away from Western Washington. Gonzaga was killing Central Washington in the first half. The mighty GNAC is not looking mighty today. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So did LSU.

But seriously, why all the judgment about preseason schedules? I think Brenda and Kim know what they are doing.

No judgment. Coaches have the option of scheduling as many exhibition games as they need and what is allowed by the NCAA. I was just being a wise guy....the smiley face wasn't a good hint? :)

Reaction Score
Gonzaga won their preseason game; 78-42. Good to see freshmen Bree SalenBein (Michigan product) had a decent game. Kayleigh Truong looked pretty good as well. But it was a preseason game. A good chance to, like Coach Geno always says, play against someone else and see what they do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Arizona won their second exhibition last night. I didn't go, but apparently it went well.

Looking forward to the season, although, as I mentioned elsewhere, something came up that will prevent me from making the opener.

Congratulations on your football team breaking its 20 game losing streak. Bear Down Arizona

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
No judgment. Coaches have the option of scheduling as many exhibition games as they need and what is allowed by the NCAA. I was just being a wise guy....the smiley face wasn't a good hint? :)
The limit is 2. They can be exhibition or closed scrimmage but 2 total. If you want to play a DI team, that would be a closed scrimmage (although there was one exception a few years back, but there were special circumstances which I have long since forgotten). Typical opponents are local DII and DIII teams that are willing. Often the coaching staffs have agreed on the "way" both teams are going to play each quarter.

For Arizona this year, a chance to get the whole team some time playing together not against each other. And for the fans to see the team. Rutgers on the other hand went to closed scrimmages a number of years ago. I believe they have played Drexel among others in scrimmages in the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom