Exhibition Games 2021 | The Boneyard

Exhibition Games 2021

Reaction Score
Thought this deserved its own thread, where others can post exhibition games they know of, and chime in tool! - I saw Baylor had an exhibition game last night against Texas A&M Commerce, winning 88-52, Smith led Baylor with 27 points and Andrews the second leading scorer with 17 points - it looked like the starting 5 was Asberry, Lewis, Andrews, Smith, and Egbo.

WBB Tops Texas A&M Commerce in Exhibition Opener - Baylor University Athletics
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 9.38.44 AM.png

Reaction Score
Washington State beat Saint Martin's 89-38 last Sunday

A number of exhibition games set for tonight:

Oregon plays Saint Martin at 6:00 pm (Saint Martin's is a sucker for punishment)
Missouri plays Lindenwood at 7:00 pm
West Virginia plays West Virginia tech at 7:00 pm
California plays Westmont at 7:00 pm

Reaction Score
Thought this deserved its own thread, where others can post exhibition games they know of, and chime in tool! - I saw Baylor had an exhibition game last night against Texas A&M Commerce, winning 88-52, Smith led Baylor with 27 points and Andrews the second leading scorer with 17 points - it looked like the starting 5 was Asberry, Lewis, Andrews, Smith, and Egbo.

WBB Tops Texas A&M Commerce in Exhibition Opener - Baylor University Athletics View attachment 70560
You've got problems when your best players are doing 30+ minutes in an exhibition

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You've got problems when your best players are doing 30+ minutes in an exhibition

I checked their roster the other day, and only 9 players were listed.

Reaction Score
Oregon Starting lineup for today's exhibition opener: Endiya Rogers, Te-Hina Paopao, Maddie Scherr, Nyara Sabally and Sedona Prince.
Graves has hinted that Scherr will be at PG with Rogers and Paopao creating at off guard.
Taylor Bigby and Hosendove sitting it out tonight

Reaction Score
Oregon Starting lineup for today's exhibition opener: Endiya Rogers, Te-Hina Paopao, Maddie Scherr, Nyara Sabally and Sedona Prince.
Graves has hinted that Scherr will be at PG with Rogers and Paopao creating at off guard.
Taylor Bigby and Hosendove sitting it out tonight
Watched the first half and saw the final score. Went as expected I would say - Pao-Pao showed no sign of wear from her injury last year which was great to see. It was also nice to see Moore, Satou, Hebard, and Ionescu be shown recognition at half time.

Unrelated but I visited Eugene and the U of O when I was touring colleges for undergrad. Probably one of my favorite campuses and favorite towns, and Voodoo donuts might have been the closest I've been to heaven :confused::p

Reaction Score
Watched the first half and saw the final score. Went as expected I would say - Pao-Pao showed no sign of wear from her injury last year which was great to see. It was also nice to see Moore, Satou, Hebard, and Ionescu be shown recognition at half time.

Unrelated but I visited Eugene and the U of O when I was touring colleges for undergrad. Probably one of my favorite campuses and favorite towns, and Voodoo donuts might have been the closest I've been to heaven :confused::p
Yeah, I toured U of O when touring for law school. Ended up choosing Lewis & Clark in Portland but U of O probably would have been more fun.

Reaction Score

when you are starting two transfers and a new starter under a new coach, I think it makes sense.

Baylor is a really interesting team to watch. That backcourt could be really good.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
South Carolina plays Benedict (D-2 team in Columbia) on Monday evening. I can hear Benedict's Band practice from my house. There is nothing like an HBCU band. I hope they bring their pep band on Monday.

Reaction Score

Maryland won their first exhibition on Friday 120-67.

Three things to know.
1. Katie Benzan might be the best pure shooter in basketball. She rarely miss from deep.
2. The two freshmen and very little used Tai Kozlova played extremely well on Friday. That will help the Terps bench moving forward.
3. Diamond Miller and Channise Lewis (the same player who had 10 points/12 assists in South Carolina) sat out the game for precautional reasons. I'm not expecting them to play until about the fourth regular season game. One game before Baylor.

Reaction Score
3. Diamond Miller and Channise Lewis (the same player who had 10 points/12 assists in South Carolina) sat out the game for precautional reasons. I'm not expecting them to play until about the fourth regular season game. One game before Baylor.
I didn’t realize Diamond’s injury would keep her out the first few games. But better safe than sorry especially against the “cupcakes”. Hopefully Channise can regain that form & provide solid minutes as a backup PG to Owusu.

Reaction Score
Mon 11/1 Exhibitions

#17 Georgia Tech plays Clayton State at 6pm (EST)
Notre Dame hosts Emporia State at 7pm (EST)
Missouri State hosts Missouri Baptist at 6pm (CT)

Reaction Score
Mon 11/1 Exhibitions

#17 Georgia Tech plays Clayton State at 6pm (EST)
Notre Dame hosts Emporia State at 7pm (EST)
Missouri State hosts Missouri Baptist at 6pm (CT)
Mississippi State hosts Mississippi College. It should be an easy win but it should give a lot of insight as to what Coach Novak will run.

Reaction Score

Maryland won their first exhibition on Friday 120-67.

Three things to know.
1. Katie Benzan might be the best pure shooter in basketball. She rarely miss from deep.
2. The two freshmen and very little used Tai Kozlova played extremely well on Friday. That will help the Terps bench moving forward.
Hopefully Miller won’t be out too long, I think she’s one of the most underrated players in the country.

Benzan, et al…will need to nail quite a few 3’s against SC, their front line with Boston and Cardoso need to be drawn out to the perimeter. Angel Reese and Mimi Collins don’t have the girth to battle with them in the paint.

I think Sellers will be a pleasant surprise this season. I love players like her and Olivia Miles that wear glasses

Reaction Score
Hopefully Miller won’t be out too long, I think she’s one of the most underrated players in the country.

Benzan, et al…will need to nail quite a few 3’s against SC, their front line with Boston and Cardoso need to be drawn out to the perimeter. Angel Reese and Mimi Collins don’t have the girth to battle with them in the paint.

I think Sellers will be a pleasant surprise this season. I love players like her and Olivia Miles that wear glasses
It's no reason to play Miller in three blowout OOC games. If she really needed to play, she would play. Same for Channise Lewis. Miller being out will give Sellers lots of time on the court to show what she can do.

Reaction Score
South Carolina plays Benedict (D-2 team in Columbia) on Monday evening. I can hear Benedict's Band practice from my house. There is nothing like an HBCU band. I hope they bring their pep band on Monday.
I marched on Benedict’s band years ago lol.

Reaction Score
A little birdie told me that the a mid-major beat a P5 team that went to the dance last year. I’m so excited for this season to start and start getting the storylines!

Reaction Score
A little birdie told me that the a mid-major beat a P5 team that went to the dance last year. I’m so excited for this season to start and start getting the storylines!
There is a birdie chirpin' because I also heard the same thing. HA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom