Evina Westbrook's journey underway | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook's journey underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coco, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by continuing to drag up every comment that a young person made during an emotional one month period including the end of a disappointing season, the decision to transfer and a commitment to a new school. Thank god you and I didn’t grow up during a time when social media, bloggers and fan forums recorded, interpreted and amplified our every thought.

Let me say it again. Evina did not call for, nor was she responsible for HW’s firing. LV fans and alums had been calling for HW’s ouster for years and the heat on Phil Fulmer to do something was building throughout the single worst season in memory, culminating in a disastrous first round exit in the NCAA’s, a tournament the LV’s probably should not have been invited to in the first place.

Evina is a Husky now and she gets a clean slate as far as I’m concerned. I have great confidence in Geno, CD, Shea & Jasmine to bring out the best in her, not only as a player, but also as a person.
“The end”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by continuing to drag up every comment that a young person made during an emotional one month period including the end of a disappointing season, the decision to transfer and a commitment to a new school. Thank god you and I didn’t grow up during a time when social media, bloggers and fan forums recorded, interpreted and amplified our every thought.

Let me say it again. Evina did not call for, nor was she responsible for HW’s firing. LV fans and alums had been calling for HW’s ouster for years and the heat on Phil Fulmer to do something was building throughout the single worst season in memory, culminating in a disastrous first round exit in the NCAA’s, a tournament the LV’s probably should not have been invited to in the first place.

Evina is a Husky now and she gets a clean slate as far as I’m concerned. I have great confidence in Geno, CD, Shea & Jasmine to bring out the best in her, not only as a player, but also as a person.
Well aware that Evina is a Husky now. Evina being a husky now does not erase the remarks that she made and some are determine to excuse her for. The situation could have been handled much better by Evina simply saying nothing. That was my opinion then and remains my opinion now. I suspect that your tone would have been far different had Evina chose to attend say South Carolina. The principled me says (then and now) she was wrong for making those remarks. Social media has nothing to do with my opinions on this matter.
A "clean slate" becomes mandatory especially if the prior slate has been soiled.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well aware that Evina is a Husky now. Evina being a husky now does not erase the remarks that she made and some are determine to excuse her for. The situation could have been handled much better by Evina simply saying nothing. That was my opinion then and remains my opinion now. I suspect that your tone would have been far different had Evina chose to attend say South Carolina. The principled me says (then and now) she was wrong for making those remarks. Social media has nothing to do with my opinions on this matter.
A "clean slate" becomes mandatory especially if the prior slate has been soiled.
Perhaps you never said or did anything you regretted. I know I would not have faired well under the scrutiny of all my remarks and actions during my late teens or early 20’s that we put these young people through today.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Perhaps you never said or did anything you regretted. I know I would not have faired well under the scrutiny of all my remarks and actions during my late teens or early 20’s that we put these young people through today.
I regret plenty of things I did in my 20s, 30s and 50s. :D My 40s was a pretty good decade though.
We are not putting these young people through anything that they are not equipped to handle. My version of handling it starts with ownership not coddling. Successfully raised two great women that way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I regret plenty of things I did in my 20s, 30s and 50s. :D My 40s was a pretty good decade though.
We are not putting these young people through anything that they are not equipped to handle. My version of handling it starts with ownership not coddling. Successfully raised two great women that way.
I’m sure you’re very proud of your daughters, as I am of my son. But it’s neither of our jobs to raise and/or impact the personal development of the WBB players at UConn. That task belongs to their parents, or in this case single parent, along with their coaches, teachers, advisors and so on. For 30+ years, every single student-athlete who graduated from UConn WBB turned out to be an exceptional young lady. At TN, it’s been more of a mixed bag, particularly after Pat stepped down.

I think we’ve beaten this one to death. As other BY’ers have been suggesting, I’m going to move on to the next topic. We sure could use another BIG! :cool:

Reaction Score
Luv you too... That quote appears in multiple places but I suppose multiple reporters could have gotten it wrong. BTW Evina response to a follow up question to that quote far more daming. See for yourself.
Tennessee Lady Vols firing Holly Warlick was necessary after Evina Westbrook quotes

Another quote that you have posted that was taken completely out of context! The EXACT question Westbrook was asked was "Do you expect Holly Warlick to be coaching here next season?", Westbrook's reply "I don't know". How is that "far more damning"?

Reaction Score
Much-to-do-about-nothing. I am sure those of us who are/have been instructors have read student reviews of our classes/selves that were forged in hell. I don't really know what Evina said-- other than what have been reported here with Geno's commentary. Paraphrasing: 'there need to be changes here and I mean on the staff.' Cheeky; yes. More that that? Some might say a young woman blowing-off frustration; a young woman speaking truth to power. Perhaps she had the audacity to read the boneyard and all the 'truely' nasty things said about the coach-- her coach. Less we forget, we really had a nice cottage industry running here about Holly. Students of course should know their place! Espcially basketballers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Another quote that you have posted that was taken completely out of context! The EXACT question Westbrook was asked was "Do you expect Holly Warlick to be coaching here next season?", Westbrook's reply "I don't know". How is that "far more damning"?
I don't recall posting this comment. It was contained in the article I posted and the video which @RockyMTblue2 posted. That question and response was a follow up to the previous Evina response about "staff changes" so how is that "completely out of context!" ?
Her response is more damming (IMO) because she could have answered: yes, or that's not up to me or simply refused to answer. You do realize that "staff changes" weren't up to Evina right?
Out.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member