Evina Westbrook Signed by Washington Mystics | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook Signed by Washington Mystics

Reaction Score
What a roller coaster ride for our Mama. There's a reason she keeps getting picked up. It's the same reason I think she'll have staying power in the league.

She's solid, dependable, and versatile, with a team-first mentality. Yes, she's likeable, but she's also fierce. And she can play, baby.

Reaction Score
Reeve is a good coach but she seems to be very rigid. Thibault seems to be a better communicator. Would be cool if CW and Evina played together
How is reeve very rigid if this is the same coach that got praised for saying UCONN players are plug and play ?

Reaction Score
Always wish her the best. Does anyone know what kind of contract? I can't find it anywhere.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think she'll fit very well on the Mystics. Cloud/Machida seem to be the clear-cut rotation at point, but they're kind of thin at the 2-3 spot. Atkins, Clark, and Walker-Kimbrough are it (along with Delle Donne playing a little at 3). Westbrook is versatile enough to be a good replacement for any of those three.

The Lynx are one guard injury away from having HUGE regrets that they let E go.

Reaction Score
Lynx waved Evina and Mystic resigned her. Congrats to Evina.

This WNBA is a joke. The players have no protection.

Reaction Score
Her defense with the Lynx was stellar but she seemed a bit lost on offense. I'm thinking Reeve's system did not take advantage of Evina's skills. Also, it was a lot of individual, create your own shot offense and she did not get the ball much to create her own offense. I hope she fits in better with Washington. I think she proves every time on the court that her defense belongs in the WNBA.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Her defense with the Lynx was stellar but she seemed a bit lost on offense. I'm thinking Reeve's system did not take advantage of Evina's skills. Also, it was a lot of individual, create your own shot offense and she did not get the ball much to create her own offense. I hope she fits in better with Washington. I think she proves every time on the court that her defense belongs in the WNBA.
Yup. She needs time and experience.

Reaction Score
I agree with this 100%. Too much create your own on the Lynx and when she was totally open, never got the ball. Also she rarely turned over the ball. I think Reeves put her in to take care of the ball and minimize turnovers, and for her tough defense. She often guarded the best player. She did an awesome job shutting down Rhyne Howard. Howard was very frustrated when Evina was guarding her. Evina should fit in better with the Washington Mystics.

Reaction Score
Not entirely sure, but it’s not a hardship contract.
Apparently, besides a Hardship contract there are Extensions, Free Agents, And Entry Level contracts. I assume she has an Entry Level contract. Perhaps someone knows for sure besides E.

Reaction Score
Apparently, besides a Hardship contract there are Extensions, Free Agents, And Entry Level contracts. I assume she has an Entry Level contract. Perhaps someone knows for sure besides E.
Unfortunately it looks like Evina’s contract is a seven day contract per several sources on twitter. Supposedly coach Mike wants to keep the roster flexible. This is crazy stuff. Hopefully Evina impresses big time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom