Evina Waived. Burke and Harrigan as well | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Evina Waived. Burke and Harrigan as well

Reaction Score
The LPGA not only works with their sponsors, with advertising, but also usually the day before the tournament, play a round with their sponsors for tournaments.
And that includes the biggest stars.
It would make sense for the WNBA to do something similar. Not sure if they do.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Epiphany Prince scored 13 points in 17 minutes off the bench for Seattle last evening (5-6, 3-3).

As much as I love E, it doesn't seem so irrational (as some have pointed out) to have kept the 34-year old vet.

Reaction Score
Epiphany Prince scored 13 points in 17 minutes off the bench for Seattle last evening (5-6, 3-3).

As much as I love E, it doesn't seem so irrational (as some have pointed out) to have kept the 34-year old vet.
They need a 5th guard, if and when Russell gets back, would imagine they cut the forward they picked up, and add a guard.

Reaction Score

That's great as long as Prince stays healthy. At 34 that's tough to do- she's played a lot of basketball through the years. And even if she stays healthy, the compact WNBA schedule can wear even the younger players down.

Reaction Score
That's great as long as Prince stays healthy. At 34 that's tough to do- she's played a lot of basketball through the years. And even if she stays healthy, the compact WNBA schedule can wear even the younger players down.
Yes and Sue at 41, and January at 35. Seattle definitely will need another guard.

Reaction Score
I forget your username but you are a sky fan in this forum, he can tell you how big of an impact Epiphany Prince makes. She was lethal in 2013, that team with a rookie Delle Donne, Courtney Vandersloot, and Cash was so fun to watch. They ended up top seed in East, unfortunately got the worst matchup you could ask for rd1 in the Indiana Fever with Tamika Catchings and they got shutdown in 2 games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How many people on this board who are complaining about the WNBA watch enough WNBA games to have an informed opinion about the league? Are you really going to be bored watching Sue, Stewie, and Gabby play together at Seattle?

The WNBA season starts tomorrow. You can get a WNBA League Pass for $25 a year, letting you watch every WNBA game during the season live or on demand. You can try the pass free for seven days.

Tomorrow Seattle plays Minnesota. Napheesa plays for Minnesota, but she’s due to give birth later this month. Anyway, get the seven-day free trial and watch the Seattle-Minnesota game live or on demand this weekend. Then decide if the league is so awful.

Also, when Paige goes to the WNBA in a couple years, will no one here bother to watch her pro career?
Fair point.

Regarding Paige playing in the WNBA, she’s going to have some excellent peers, including Caitlin Clark, Haley Van Lith and a year later Azzi. I have a feeling that they may create a decent influx of energy to the league. The NBA struggled until Bird and Magic came in. Sometimes timing and the right players is everything.

Now, that’s an analogy. I’m not saying that the WNBA is going to become the NBA, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is an influx of interest and energy.

Reaction Score
Rich people are usually rich for a reason. They typically make sound investments where they will get a good ROI. Obviously the WNBA is not that.
Do some owners use the WNBA as a tax write off? Just curious, any information on this? My
thought it that that $$ interest ( e.g. ROI ) is not just " income" but for multiple other incentives. Some
may just like the " game" or be a true philanthropist and want to " grow" the women's game/
movement. ??

Reaction Score
Do some owners use the WNBA as a tax write off? Just curious, any information on this? My
thought it that that $$ interest ( e.g. ROI ) is not just " income" but for multiple other incentives. Some
may just like the " game" or be a true philanthropist and want to " grow" the women's game/
movement. ??
I'm sure there are...probably that's what the NBA has been doing. But not all owners can afford that. You have to have really deep pockets. There's a big difference in wealth between someone like Joseph Tai and the ladies who the own the Storm. I would imagine that the more financially conscientious owners would be willing to pump money into their team if there was no potential monetary return (direct or indirect) waiting for them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Prince totally took over Q3 for Seattle tonight, showed she definitely still has some value.

Reaction Score
Any updates on where Husky rookies may have landed?
ONO in LA. Christyn injured and waived. Evina waived. Maybe Evina might get a 7-day contract at some point in the season, but it's a longshot.

Reaction Score
Prince totally took over Q3 for Seattle tonight, showed she definitely still has some value.
Guess waiving Evina and Elissa wasn't such a bad move after all. Prince and Lavender showing that they can still play...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Guess waiving Evina and Elissa wasn't such a bad move after all. Prince and Lavender showing that they can still play...
I think they are definitely in win now mode, bringing along a couple rookies probably doesn't really fit into their plan this year. Next year and beyond they might be starting a rebuilding project.

Reaction Score
2 games into the season for 2 34 year olds doesn't show anything. This is a condensed season and more games. Not much time to recover from previous games.
After 18 games half the season we'll see how well they are doing.
Seattle can't have any more games where Sue and a starting forward combine for 3 points. Russell better get back soon.

Reaction Score
I think they are definitely in win now mode, bringing along a couple rookies probably doesn't really fit into their plan this year. Next year and beyond they might be starting a rebuilding project.
Stewie is on a one year contract. Seattle probably got a good idea she ain't going to re-sign.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stewie is on a one year contract. Seattle probably got a good idea she ain't going to re-sign.
Exactly. And eventually Bird will retire.

I gotta say, I find it hilarious people siting 34 year old players like they are ancient...while Bird is 41.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Exactly. And eventually Bird will retire.

I gotta say, I find it hilarious people siting 34 year old players like they are ancient...while Bird is 41.
If she gets a Tom Brady post career TV commentator contract. ;)

Reaction Score
The Storm bring back Raina Perez, rather than E…
toy story coworkers GIF

Reaction Score
Lindsay Allen,, a 5 uear vet, was waived from Indiana today, but they kept Henderson??? Damn, I'd keep ND pedigree long before the one game wonder.
Cry harder. Henderson was anything but a one game wonder. Such a petty, bitter thing to say.

Reaction Score
Kaela Davis WNBA stats are horrible. Playing good overseas stats doesn't mean that going to transfer over in the WNBA because the level of competition is higher in the WNBA.
The point of this post wasn't to say Kaela deserved to be in the W. I know her stats. The point of the post was that Kaela made a post on social media that encouraged college players NOT to enter the draft early because what you do in college doesn't always translate to a WNBA career.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The Storm bring back Raina Perez, rather than E…
toy story coworkers GIF
Reportedly they had to scramble to find a replacement player given the surprise of two players entering protocols. Perez is from Arizona so it was much easier to get her to the game in Phoenix in time.

Reaction Score
never ceases to amaze me the level of immaturity to knock a player or put down someone just cause a Uconn player got cut. It's called competition, the best players stay on the roster, pretty sure Wnba gm's and hc's are not going out of their way to cut Uconn players, but it seems some ppl seem to think otherwise. If you think Destanni Henderson was a "one game wonder" then you should probably stop talking basketball with all due respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom