Evina Waived. Burke and Harrigan as well | The Boneyard

Evina Waived. Burke and Harrigan as well

Reaction Score
Dammit, I was hoping the guy on the other thread just got bad information. :(
It was posted in yesterday but nobody notices it ... so dame mit.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is sad for me is the money is just not there for roster expansion or new teams because the WNBA can't seem to demonstrate a consistently growing audience (cant use the bubble stats) unlike WCBB which I think with some of the new stars is making some significant gains. And I would guess that will not change much even as these stars enter the WNBA since I believe a large majority of WCBB fans have no interest in the WNBA as entertainment. I have seen it on the BY and I seem to recall a poll where interest in WNBA was polled and it did not go very well so how to get interest in the general population. :(

Reaction Score
I really hope somebody picks up Evina or if not she kicks ass in Europe and gives WNBA teams great regret they didn't grab her up. She is a player that is team first and that has the skills to help any team she is a part of. A number of years ago she definitely would have stuck on the rooster that drafted her, current financial circumstances in the W have cost her and many other quality players a chance to make their mark. Rooting for you Momma E!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It was posted in yesterday but nobody notices it ... so dame mit.

I saw that yesterday, but I interpreted it as a poorly worded ask for the Storm to waive Westbrook for Clarendon. I don’t think she was officially waived until today.

Reaction Score
Kiki Herbert Harrigan is the #6 pick in 2020 from South Carolina to Lynx. Really hate to see a good pick players get waived. WNBA is not a place to be.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
For almost all college players, max out your college eligibility, whatever that might be. Unless you are at the very very top of the food chain, the WNBA has no use for you. Its finances are a mess and the local Walmart has more employees than the WNBA has players.

Reaction Score
What is sad for me is the money is just not there for roster expansion or new teams because the WNBA can't seem to demonstrate a consistently growing audience (cant use the bubble stats) unlike WCBB which I think with some of the new stars is making some significant gains. And I would guess that will not change much even as these stars enter the WNBA since I believe a large majority of WCBB fans have no interest in the WNBA as entertainment. I have seen it on the BY and I seem to recall a poll where interest in WNBA was polled and it did not go very well so how to get interest in the general population. :(
You don’t get big money from people in the stands - it comes from TV contracts. WCBB really took off once all these conferences started showing ALL the games - SEC Network, ACC Network, etc. I haven’t missed a SC game on either TV or ESPN + in about 8 years. The more it’s shown, the more people get to know the players, the more they go to games. It’s coming soon, but they haven’t gotten there quite yet.

Reaction Score
Keeping Lavender at 34, along with Prince at 34 just reinforces my original thought that Quinn is not head coaching material.
Stewie needs to exit Seattle and find a coach who has the ability to win championships. Loyd needs to follow her.

Reaction Score
With more money and the number of really good players not making a WNBA team...European teams may catch up to WNBA talent. Even if I were selected by the WNBA...if a team overseas offered me more money...I would be packing. And did I recently read about the WNBA wanting to cut down on conflicts players have with playing overseas and in the WNBA?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You don’t get big money from people in the stands - it comes from TV contracts. WCBB really took off once all these conferences started showing ALL the games - SEC Network, ACC Network, etc. I haven’t missed a SC game on either TV or ESPN + in about 8 years. The more it’s shown, the more people get to know the players, the more they go to games. It’s coming soon, but they haven’t gotten there quite yet.
I hope so but I still feel there are alot of people who are fanatic about WCBB but feel indifferent or worse about the WNBA,

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe a Logan's Run solution. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Could anyone explain to me why they added Reshanda Gray to the roster?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Keeping Lavender at 34, along with Prince at 34 just reinforces my original thought that Quinn is not head coaching material.
Stewie needs to exit Seattle and find a coach who has the ability to win championships. Loyd needs to follow her.
Par for the course. Seattle was choosing to keep over the hill veterans long before Quinn was the HC...in fact Quinn as a player is a glaring example of this.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Could anyone explain to me why they added Reshanda Gray to the roster?
I had seen Reshandra Gray on the Liberty and what she does bring is a real physical presence. I guess the Storm are known as being a finesse team and they need a few bulls in a china shop. Not sure where her skill levels are

Reaction Score
For almost all college players, max out your college eligibility, whatever that might be. Unless you are at the very very top of the food chain, the WNBA has no use for you. Its finances are a mess and the local Walmart has more employees than the WNBA has players.
Very true, one of the wnba players said this, I forgot her name, but she tweeted that if you have any college eligibility stay in school in use it all up, because making the wnba is tough, at the end of the day, it’s a veterans league, 9 times out of ten, the veteran will make the team before a rookie. Some of these teams I can name about 2-3 veterans that should have been cut over some of these rookies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom