EVINA IS COMING BACK! [Merged Thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

EVINA IS COMING BACK! [Merged Thread]

Reaction Score
There's unfinished business and she can help lead them to the promised land.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Jeanno is on point. Given her chronic leg issues I wonder if she is considering playing next year and then wallk
through the desirable doors regarding coaching that Geno will help open for her. Once in the room Evina will surely impress.
Hmmm...maybe a one year internship in Storrs...and if we then have a coaching departure, would she jump on the already best staff in the game? Delighted to see her coming back.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Evina coming back makes next years roster really, really (as Geno would say) intriguing. She has been a steady leader for this team, and her contributions and experience in some of our biggest games were readily apparent. I think her drive for a NC will be relentless next year and will continue to be a motivating factor for Paige and the rest of the team. Besides, with 3 new kids coming in, its always good to have "mom" around.

Reaction Score
How many scholarship players next year? How many minutes for the incoming superstar freshman? Who sits? Evina, Muhl? Gino doesn't use a long bench.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With Evina coming back it probably eliminates a starting lineup that includes both Aaliyah and Olivia. I was looking forward to both being in the starting lineup.

Potential Starters.

Evina
Paige
Christyn.
Presume Olivia because she's a senior. Aaliyah is possible.
Nika at the start of the season, but Azzi might be starter by the end of the season.

If Aaliyah and Olivia are both in the starting lineup.

Evina
Paige
Aaliyah
Olivia
Christyn.

I want Aaliyah in the starting lineup as she provide the physicality the team need in the low post.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
With Evina coming back it probably eliminates a starting lineup that includes both Aaliyah and Olivia. I was looking forward to both being in the starting lineup.

Potential Starters.

Evina
Paige
Christyn.
Nika at the start of the season, but Azzi might be starter by the end of the season.

Evina
Paige
Aaliyah
Olivia
Christyn.

I want Aaliyah in the starting lineup as she provide the physicality the team need in the low post.
Amari has to get playing time to be ready for the good teams. I'm sorry, but Liv is undependable and we can't take a chance of a repeat performance of what she has shown multiple times this season. If there will be any weakness for us next year it will be in the post. The combination of Alya and Amari may be our best bet to survive the more physical and taller teams.

Reaction Score
Even though I was wrong and thought that she should leave I am happy that she is coming back.

Reaction Score
I admit to being surprised but also intrigued to see how all these pieces work together. It's clear there is "unfinished business" for the 3 seniors and them plus all the young talent will be difficult to defeat. One never knows about chemistry or injuries and I don't see a couple of the teams with lots of talent back going down without some pretty big fights. Still the Huskies will be the team to beat.

Reaction Score
Leaving the post mortems aside, the one thing I would fervently wish, is that next year we play with the raw hunger and desire that some of the less famous squads displayed in the tournament. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Even when there's good news to some is bad news.

confused no way GIF

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Potential Starters.

Evina
Paige
Christyn.

Evina
Paige
Aaliyah
Olivia
Christyn.

Your second version of the starting lineup is what I would vote for at this point. That is the November version; the January, February, or March versions may be quite different. I would not expect anyone other than Paige to average more than 30 minutes per game, and even Paige may be in the 28 range with Nika getting the remainder of the PG time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Your second version of the starting lineup is what I would vote for at this point. That is the November version; the January, February, or March versions may be quite different. I would not expect anyone other than Paige to average more than 30 minutes per game, and even Paige may be in the 28 range with Nika getting the remainder of the PG time.
It would be interesting to watch the battle of wills if Geno were to try to limit Paige to less than 30 mpg. As it is, it will be hard enough for Geno to limit Paige to 35 mpg.

Reaction Score
I honestly cannot understand anyone who sees this as being even remotely a negative. She is by far the best leader on the team and her contributions on the court were important this year, she is the teams swiss army knife and will continue to be that. With 3 newcomers her leadership will be huge next year with a massive group of underclassmen and she will drive and motivate this team forward. Playing time will sort itself out, those who earn it will play and those who dont wont.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to watch the battle of wills if Geno were to try to limit Paige to less than 30 mpg. As it is, it will be hard enough for Geno to limit Paige to 35 mpg.
Agree, also don't see CW getting vastly reduced minutes-if she starts next year like she finished this year. You may recall Geno laughs when pressed about freshman replacing upper-class players. Few have the talent, non have the experience and unless they are transitional and needed Geno rarely has the inclination. Fun for us to speculate, it's our past time and job. Not so for our coach. His comfort zone has always been talented experience over untested potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom