Everyone's Mad Right? Ok, Say Ollie goes at some point.... | The Boneyard

Everyone's Mad Right? Ok, Say Ollie goes at some point....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Not a good thread to start, no reason for it. You can criticize his performance but he's not going anywhere. Can we take schoolies away too?
Nobody saying he is, but I'm sorry, this guy isn't the coach most think he is, guess we'll see. More and more these games are becoming a habit, routine, what ever, not a WTF LOSS.. UCONN or any other program has never won a thing with a dribble happy team that has not got a clue on how to run any set plays, but yeah I'm psyched, let's go win a NC.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Not a good thread to start, no reason for it. You can criticize his performance but he's not going anywhere. Can we take schoolies away too?

Nobody gets a scholarship ever again unless they're the son of Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. Note I said and, not or. That might appease the angry rabble tonight.

Reaction Score
Chief as HC, 3uconn or husky99 as lead recruiter, BigErn to work the refs, tcf as video coordinator...why are they the ones posting on a message board while Ollie/Miller/Hobbs/Moore are getting paid 6 figures?

You wouldn't hire me to work with AB?:cool:

Reaction Score
It's time for someone on the coaching staff to be held accountable. Can't get rid of Ollie, ever, because of the talent he attracts due to his personality and what not but I'm fed up with this team on the offensive end. Time after time we all just stand around. Everything is so deliberate and easy to read. We pass the ball aimlessly around the perimeter. Miller, Hobbs and co. should be replaced if things don't change. Ollie needs help in game managing. Hire an assistant who can run the offense and be in Ollie's ear during the games.

Reaction Score
Silver lining. DHam who is a sophomore and in development is back next year. Just not NBA ready quite yet. Let's not forget that tonight is different if we had 20 minutes of AB too.

Reaction Score
Let's quit the "if AB" stuff. #1 we don't get him for at least a month and probably more. #2 this game is easily a W without him if people coach and play basketball last night. We are coaching and playing against much better teams coming up nearly every game, it does not bode well quite honestly. Temple played crappy and we played worst - just a painful, awful loss for this team.

Reaction Score
Sadly, it probably won't matter much. We need to right this ship.

Reaction Score
Silver lining. DHam who is a sophomore and in development is back next year. Just not NBA ready quite yet. Let's not forget that tonight is different if we had 20 minutes of AB too.
I don't find any silver lining in the fact that one of our elite recruits has to come back next year because of under development or poor production. I liked it far more when uconn was getting four guys in the top 22 picks and a fifth guy in the second. That's uconn basketball.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Ollie's mistakes have primarily been in game management, which is exactly where you would expect his learning curve to be.

Recruiting has definitely swung upward.
Player development? Bazz and Boat say hello.
Defense is installed before offensive complexity, we've always had offensive fits and starts on our way to March. It's Jan 6. We held temple to 35%.
Our best player had a bad game and it hurt everyone. He's still a Sophomore. We're 3 games removed from his triple double.

Its a shame our margin for error in W's vs L's has shrunk without Brimah and our margin for error on the season has shrunk with an under performing out of conference (both us and our opponents), but not much has changed over what we were all very optimistic about coming into the season for the end game.

We need Gibbs to find his role. We need Brimah back healthy. Miller is ahead of expectations. Omar is ahead of expectations. Purvis is ahead of expectations. Adams is inconsistent as you would expect a freshman to be but has shown flashes of taking over games. That reminds me of Kemba's freshman year.

The pieces remain there, the work remains to be done. Ollie is a tremendous coach who is struggling with one pillar of his responsibility. It played a role in costing us 4 games this year. I would like him to own that. But it does not encapsulate his performance thus far.

Reaction Score
Ollie's mistakes have primarily been in game management, which is exactly where you would expect his learning curve to be.

Recruiting has definitely swung upward.
Player development? Bazz and Boat say hello.
Defense is installed before offensive complexity, we've always had offensive fits and starts on our way to March. It's Jan 6. We held temple to 35%.
Our best player had a bad game and it hurt everyone. He's still a Sophomore. We're 3 games removed from his triple double.

Its a shame our margin for error in W's vs L's has shrunk without Brimah and our margin for error on the season has shrunk with an under performing out of conference (both us and our opponents), but not much has changed over what we were all very optimistic about coming into the season for the end game.

We need Gibbs to find his role. We need Brimah back healthy. Miller is ahead of expectations. Omar is ahead of expectations. Purvis is ahead of expectations. Adams is inconsistent as you would expect a freshman to be but has shown flashes of taking over games. That reminds me of Kemba's freshman year.

The pieces remain there, the work remains to be done. Ollie is a tremendous coach who is struggling with one pillar of his responsibility. It played a role in costing us 4 games this year. I would like him to own that. But it does not encapsulate his performance thus far.

Fair enough but is Omar ahead of expectations? As we said a nice piece when he scores but he couldn't even find a shot last night on his own when we needed someone else. Great rebound for a hoop but we need more of him, instant offense stuff. And he's not that unless others are. Like where he is, but 2 games in a row very little.

Reaction Score
I don't find any silver lining in the fact that one of our elite recruits has to come back next year because of under development or poor production. I liked it far more when uconn was getting four guys in the top 22 picks and a fifth guy in the second. That's uconn basketball.

No, it isn't. That happened literally one time, and if you recall, it was after one of the most embarrassing and inexplicable losses in program history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom