OT: - Everyone laugh at Louisville | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Everyone laugh at Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Speaking of KP and Louisville

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Louisville State of Emergency <br><br>With the future not looking bright for KP…<br><br>Josh Heird’s call list <br><br>Dan Hurley <br>Mick Cronin<br>Jerome Tang<br>Steve Pikiell <br>Jay Wright</p>&mdash; The Coaching Portal (@TheCP_Hoops) <a href="">November 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
Louisville will get a good coach for sure, but I don’t see their next coach on that list.

Reaction Score

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Louisville State of Emergency <br><br>With the future not looking bright for KP…<br><br>Josh Heird’s call list <br><br>Dan Hurley <br>Mick Cronin<br>Jerome Tang<br>Steve Pikiell <br>Jay Wright</p>&mdash; The Coaching Portal (@TheCP_Hoops) <a href="">November 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This list is ridiclous. ACC isn't going to pull a coach of this caliber. Only one remotely possible is Tang, and pulling him away from the B12 isn't going to be easy. Especially not to a conference on the way to implosion.

Reaction Score
This list is ridiclous. ACC isn't going to pull a coach of this caliber. Only one remotely possible is Tang, and pulling him away from the B12 isn't going to be easy. Especially not to a conference on the way to implosion.
Can Louisville pay more than Kansas State? Yes

Can they provide more resources than Kansas State? Yes

Don't think it'll be that difficult.

Reaction Score
Can Louisville pay more than Kansas State? Yes

Can they provide more resources than Kansas State? Yes

Don't think it'll be that difficult.

Mack's contract before he was canned was only worth 4 million and Payne is making less, so I'm not sure they actually have the resources to provide that much more. Tang hasn't exactly earned 5+ million. He's only beena head coach 1 season. It's possible that Louisville would provide that, but I will believe it once I see it.

It's the ACC. Their resources and basketball clout are dwindling fast. A smart, up-and-coming coach isn't going to the ACC over the B12. That would be stupid.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Is Louisville a better brand than ksu? Yes. Can they paint more money? Probably? Would Tang be coming in for a rebuild that could take years to turn around? Absolutely.

Louisville is not enough of a destination job that a little more money would suck you in to a rebuild. Maybe Tang is looking to get out of Manhattan or has a personal connection to the school or the staff. But there is a reason why the last two hires were an unproven Payne and G5 Mack. They are not stealing from the top tier.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Is Louisville a better brand than ksu? Yes. Can they paint more money? Probably? Would Tang be coming in for a rebuild that could take years to turn around? Absolutely.

Louisville is not enough of a destination job that a little more money would suck you in to a rebuild. Maybe Tang is looking to get out of Manhattan or has a personal connection to the school or the staff. But there is a reason why the last two hires were an unproven Payne and G5 Mack. They are not stealing from the top tier.
K State lost 37 games the 2 years before Tang got there.

Conference & other factors will definitely likely be considered. But he already took over one rebuild, and with the portal & brand, it’s not like it’s something that couldn’t be done quickly if you had the right guy

Reaction Score
Honestly, even if you won like one less game, the costs savings between the Boneyarder coaching and Payne coaching more than makes up for it.

UL really has to consider this…so which one of us will it be?
I'd put myself up for the job, as it might be fun, but there's no way you'd get me to live in Louisville. (And, if you could, my wife would ban me from going to Italian restaurants there as well.)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

They forgot Brad Stevens.

In all seriousness, I’m pretty sure boeheim didn’t feel like he had given all he could to coaching

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They forgot Brad Stevens.

In all seriousness, I’m pretty sure boeheim didn’t feel like he had given all he could to coaching
They're not getting anyone on that list. But I'm confident Frank Haith's people have made contact. Talk about a marriage made in heaven.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Their football team is ranked 15th, and football is why they got an ACC invite ahead of us. Who knows what the ACC thinks now.
That was not the reason for the invite. But that football ranking does help the conference and is compensation for the doo doo show the basketball program is providing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nobody outside of Kentucky cares about that.
And Kentucky is a basketball state. So is North Carolina. Kentucky fans are loving what’s happening to Louisville. At least it gives them some satisfaction with the state of their own program.

Reaction Score
I think Pikiell would consider a move, except he just scored a recruiting coup and Louisville is not that attractive.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I think Pikiell would consider a move, except he just scored a recruiting coup and Louisville is not that attractive.
I dunno, moving away from P2 seems like a dicey proposition, especially with the cloud hanging over the ACC.

Rutgers has low expectations, and they're going to be getting more money in the next few years.

caw

Reaction Score

Rock bottom for UL, the coach of Rutgers would most likely say no to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom