OT: - Everyone laugh at Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Everyone laugh at Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, even if you won like one less game, the costs savings between the Boneyarder coaching and Payne coaching more than makes up for it.
Not me. I get paid top dollar to sit around and Foo things up.

Reaction Score
Payne's postgame presser was actually worse than the loss. Tough days ahead for Louisville basketball fans.

No. A D2 team shouldn’t have been a tough game & it definitely didn’t “need to be a tough game”

Reaction Score
Honestly, even if you won like one less game, the costs savings between the Boneyarder coaching and Payne coaching more than makes up for it.

UL really has to consider this…so which one of us will it be?
Okay okay, I know when my name is being called. I will do it.
Give me 10% of Payne’s 3.35M salary and call it a deal.

Reaction Score
Trying to rank these great moments in Lou sports history:

• This
  • Kragthorpe as their FB coach
  • their NCAA title bring stripped
Dude, how could you POSSIBLY leave off the 'Petrino motorcycle accident/extramarital affair' scandal?

Reaction Score
I was on one of the better D2 teams. Second in the conference 2 of my years.

Thinking back to when we scrimmaged D1 teams, the difference in talent, athleticism and size was staggering. And that was mid-major teams.

To think a P5 team lost to a middling D2 team is shocking. It shows a deep, deep lack of care AT ALL. It's not even about the talent or coaching. Give Louisville a JV HS playbook and they should destroy every d2 team in the country by 30+. They just didn't care enough to bother playing the game.

Reaction Score

Thinking back to when we scrimmaged D1 teams, the difference in talent, athleticism and size was staggering. And that was mid-major teams.

To think a P5 team lost to a middling D2 team is shocking. It shows a deep, deep lack of care AT ALL. It's not even about the talent or coaching. Give Louisville a JV HS playbook and they should destroy every d2 team in the country by 30+. They just didn't care enough to bother playing the game.
Payne said Louisville will never be the most talented team. That isn't just a totally insane thing to say, it's offensive. You're the friggin' head coach at Louisville. I can understand why they may not care about playing for him and I'm sure they're seriously regretting their decision to go there.

Reaction Score
Okay okay, I know when my name is being called. I will do it.
Give me 10% of Payne’s 3.35M salary and call it a deal.
Wait, I'd have to live in Kentucky? And deal with Louisville fans? Better pay me a lot more than that.

Reaction Score
Wait, I'd have to live in Kentucky? And deal with Louisville fans? Better pay me a lot more than that.
You could live over the river, but you’d still need to deal with the fans. And they have lots of bourbon at their place.

Reaction Score

That bolded part reminds me of what a friend of mine who played QB for Northeastern University football told me in 2006. He played there before NU nixed their football program in the early 2000s. I asked him about coaching and schemes and how they can help out teams inferior in talent. He said, "to a point yes, but if USC is playing Northeastern in football, does it matter what schemes Northeastern uses?"

Louisville lost an exhibition which isn't the end of the world and not the end all be all, but damn a D2 team? They shouldn't have had any issues with them.

Reaction Score
Dude, how could you POSSIBLY leave off the 'Petrino motorcycle accident/extramarital affair' scandal?
If you expect me to keep up with every single Louisville scandal, how do you expect me to eat or sleep?

Reaction Score
. Give Louisville a JV HS playbook and they should destroy every d2 team in the country by 30+. They just didn't care enough to bother playing the game.

Nah. A top-level D2 team (which KY Wes is not) is on par with a 16 seed, if not better. They should definitely lose, but any one night ...
Remember that Chaminade (then NAIA) did beat #1 UVa long ago.

But yes, losing to a mid-level D2 team is embarrassing.

FWIW, last year's Massey Rankings for all of NCAA (1000+ teams): Ville 241, KY Wesl 544

Reaction Score
Nah. A top-level D2 team (which KY Wes is not) is on par with a 16 seed, if not better.

1) a top-level D2 team is not on par with a D1 conference champion however lowly the conference, which is what a 16-seed is.

2) Yes, and? Louisville is in the ACC. They're never going to be a 16-seed. My whole point was that LOUISVILLE, not some random, made up 16-seed has the talent to beat every D2 team in the country. That's why I wrote "Louisville" in my original post you quoted and not "some random 16-seed."

3) NAIA is not D2. It's different, and a generally better talent level overall.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So close. You really mean the Petino / italian restaurant / extramarital affair with Asst Coaches insane wife / abortion scandal

Reaction Score
Massey 22-23

Top D2: Nova 64, NW Mo 142, W Liberty 166, Indiana 213

16 seeds: FDU 287, TAMU CC 215, TX So 325

Reaction Score
Their football team is ranked 15th, and football is why they got an ACC invite ahead of us. Who knows what the ACC thinks now.
It’s hard to believe that it’s reallly sustainable though. With a few key pieces, even below average football schools can have a decent season or two. Just look at us in 2011. Sustaining that is nearly impossible without a solid pipeline of recruits.

And really, what do you add if you aren’t a continually solid football program year after year? The TV networks are paying the conference for what they perceive the value is over the course of a decade long contracts. They don’t care if you have a great season once in a blue moon.

Not to mention, the ACC football conference is probably a dead man walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom