OT: - Everyone laugh at Louisville | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Everyone laugh at Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I stayed for the whole Louisville/Texas game. I was rather impressed by Louisville and they actually should have won that game.

Reaction Score
Nobody outside of Kentucky cares about that.
Every major media deal is based on football so apparently there are loads of people who care.
Louisvilles success in finding a home if the ACC self destructs
will be dependent on their football team with BB an afterthought .
You got it backwards, the only people who really care about their basketball
live in Kentucky and a few other basketball hot spots..
UK fans are hammering them pretty good even at 7-2 .. The trash talking between those two is similar UConn / PC
Louisville thinks they’re an equal and to a UK fan like UConn fans the only thing.close about them is geography.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

lol, lmao

Wait, what? The BB program itself issued a statement earlier saying that Davis informed them that he was transferring. He says, no. I like playing here. So they respond by saying well, we kicked him out, then we lied and we reported that he told us he wanted to transfer. But we wish him the best.

They probably need a better social media person.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The Yum Center is empty and dead

Reaction Score
Wait, what? The BB program itself issued a statement earlier saying that Davis informed them that he was transferring. He says, no. I like playing here. So they respond by saying well, we kicked him out, then we lied and we reported that he told us he wanted to transfer. But we wish him the best.

They probably need a better social media person.

Best case scenario: they were trying to do the kid a favor by saying he was transferring and keeping the dismissal private. Then he forced their hand.
So he was dismissed AND is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. There's someone I want transferring to my school.

Reaction Score
I stayed for the whole Louisville/Texas game. I was rather impressed by Louisville and they actually should have won that game.
Exactly, they should have won. Refs hosed them. Looked much improved, all downhill since then. Payne is dreadful should be fired immediately

Reaction Score
Louisville is not enough of a destination job that a little more money would suck you in to a rebuild. Maybe Tang is looking to get out of Manhattan or has a personal connection to the school or the staff. But there is a reason why the last two hires were an unproven Payne and G5 Mack. They are not stealing from the top tier.
I don’t understand the appeal of Ville. I was at Churchill downs a few years ago and the campus is adjacent to a rail yard…yuk

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
To be fair to Louisville, it wouldn’t shock me if the kid is actually at fault here. But still lmao Louisville suck it ACC.
I really don't care about any of it, other than it's really amusing to watch. But, huh? Davis may be at fault for something that got him tossed, but the program is 100% at fault for making themselves look like imbeciles. Maybe they are just going for cohesion, since their coach is obviously also clueless.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This is has gotta be the last night of the Kenny Payne era at Louisville. It's gotta happen. This has officially hit embarrassment levels.

I disagree. I think Louisville should let Kenny Payne work his way out of this trouble and sign him to a 3-year contract :D
Or send him to 'cuse. I think Payne would look good in orange.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The post game presser by Payne tonight was actually worse than the T-L Johnson "tights" debacle. How much money is this guy getting paid?

Reaction Score
The post game presser by Payne tonight was actually worse than the T-L Johnson "tights" debacle. How much money is this guy getting paid?
I think you are asking the wrong question. The correct question to ask is "what negative photos does Kenny Payne have of the Louisville athletic department folks and Louisville president?"

Reaction Score
Kenny Payne is a Louisville graduate and former player who helped the Cardinals win the 1986 NCAA Tournament. He's a kind and well-liked man. So I understand why the school's administration was hesitant to remove him after one disastrous season.

But they should've.

They 100% should've.

And that's an opinion that's now impossible to sensibly argue against after Louisville lost again Wednesday night — this time at home to Arkansas State.

Reaction Score
The call for Payne to be fired seems to be getting louder.

Frankly, it’s time to ask the question of whether or not it’s fair to keep forcing Payne to take the sideline.

In-season firings suck. There’s no way around that. They suck even more when they involve a coach who is deeply connected to the program like Payne. There’s nothing easy about this. But do you know what else isn't easy? Subjecting Payne and his team to even more ridicule from the media and frustrated fans.

Reaction Score
The call for Payne to be fired seems to be getting louder.
How are they not at sonic boom level?

They lost by double-digits to Arkansas St. What is the downside of firing him?
(Well I mean there's a big downside for the rest of us, but for Louisville?)

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01