Ever wonder about Chris Daley was like as a player? | The Boneyard

Ever wonder about Chris Daley was like as a player?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Apparently we are about to find out:

What do inquiring minds want to know?
1585250277000.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've been looking forward to this.

As it turns out, this may be the best time to release it, with all live sports canceled and millions of people on some euphemized version of home arrest.

I'm assuming that they're posting the video of the game in advance of the film.

Here's a trailer of the film:

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Interesting - Rutgers Hall of Fame Members:

Theresa Shank Grentz
Terry Dorner
Patty Coyle
June Olkowski
Jenny Hall
Mary Coyle
Patty Delehanty

all from the NC winning team.

Rutgers Hall of Fame Members that played under Vivian - 20+ years:

Liz Hanson (1 year)
Tomora Young (recruited by TSG)
Tammi Sutton Brown
Tasha Pointer
Shawnetta Stewart
Cappie Pondexter

and that, in a nutshell, is how much that AIAW winning team is thought of.

There are numerous other hall of fame members from the WBB teams, particularly the years just before 1982, the Wicks era (mid-late '80s) and of course Caroline DeRoose, from the early '90s. Some were nationally known, others best known at Rutgers. Plus, lest we forget, the department secretary from those years, which has always puzzled me, as well as the woman that founded the Cager's Club fan club.

Reaction Score
CD is the personification of the player who got the most out of their ability and became a student of the game. How often has Geno gone out of his way to not only praise her but to tell anyone who will listen that he would never have had the success that he has enjoyed without her by his side the entire time.

Reaction Score
1982 was the last year of the AIAW championship and the first year of the NCAA championship. In the latter Louisiana Tech defeated Cheyney State. The two tournaments were held simultaneously.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The video on YOUTUBE is private? That's a drag.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The video on YOUTUBE is private? That's a drag.
The tweeter's latest missive says the video goes live tomorrow at 3p ET.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If the players don't all show up to the first practice of the new season wearing Chris Dailey wigs.... :cool:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Some thoughts:

1. Woman's basketball has changed dramatically.
2. It is odd to root for Rutgers.
3. What's up with those ref uniforms? They look like middle school girls gym clothes from the 1940's.
4. Best moments? The two behind the back passes.
5. Runner up best moment? When they dropped the Rutgers male cheerleader in mid split and he keeps on cheering form the ground (@52 minutes)
6. Chris's shirt was... out the entire game.

1585455827261.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ever wonder about Chris Daley was like as a player?
Absolutely no attack on the OP, just my view on the topic. First all I need to know is she was a captain on a team for both her JR and SR seasons. The latter winning a NC. :D
Great coaching prospect in my eyes. Eleven NC's later .....
Another glaring show of how stats can be misleading.... ;)

Reaction Score
I only had time for the first few minutes. But in that short time, CD reminded me of Kyla Irwin. always talking on defense. setting screens. blocking out. Some coach should be taking Kyla under their wing now, because she is the next CD...

Reaction Score
While Chris Dailey was winning the AIAW national championship with Rutgers, Kim Mulkey was the point guard for Louisiana Tech, leading them to win the first NCAA championship in 1982. Kim had won four high school state championship and the 1982 AIAW national championship. Her streak of six successive years of winning the last game of the season and leading La. Tech to 100 wins in 102 games was stopped by Cheryl Miller and the USC team in the 1983 national championship. Kim missed a shot at the buzzer to tie that game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
While Chris Dailey was winning the AIAW national championship with Rutgers, Kim Mulkey was the point guard for Louisiana Tech, leading them to win the first NCAA championship in 1982. Kim had won four high school state championship and the 1982 AIAW national championship. Her streak of six successive years of winning the last game of the season and leading La. Tech to 100 wins in 102 games was stopped by Cheryl Miller and the USC team in the 1983 national championship. Kim missed a shot at the buzzer to tie that game.

Here is the 1983 game on Youtube. That USD team was stocked. Very poor quality but interesting. Very different look than the AIAW

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom