Ever bothered by other fans at a game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ever bothered by other fans at a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Great thread lol..I've been to a few games where there were annoying and rude fans, but I think the most annoyed I've been was going to the Vandy games at their place and having to listen to some crazy Vandy fan blowing a whistle every time we had the ball..I'm sure fellow Vol fans know what I'm referring too..
Rumor has it there are a group of lady vol fans well known that are more annoying than that whistle.

Real Tall shorty or something like that?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Rumor has it there are a group of lady vol fans well known that are more annoying than that whistle.

Real Tall shorty or something like that?

Ya, my grandfather is one of them, well as a fan anyway lol

Reaction Score
I told this story once before on BY, so if you recall it, bear with me. It was not in this context. A few years ago, my wife and I drove to San Antonio to see one of those made-up "tournaments: UConn vs. TX; Tenn vs. Texas Tech. We had a lot of fun rooting for Tech, which lost big to Tenn, and of course, cheering for UConn against Texas. I tend to be somewhat exuberant -- though I try to cheer for us and not against them, no matter where we are. Anyway, my wife thought I might be a bit too boisterous, and as it turned out, some in the Texas contingent around us may have thought so, too.

Among the fans in our section were a couple in their 70s or 80s. We thought they might have a relative -- grandkid, maybe -- playing for Texas, but no question they were Texas fans. Anyway, the game was over, UConn won really big, and we were headed for the exit when my wife decided to use the facilities. She went in and did so and as she was getting ready to use the sink, noticed the elderly lady was having trouble figuring out how to use the automatic faucet and automatic soap dispenser. She tried to help, but when the woman noticed who the kind stranger was, she snarled, "You UConn fans think you know everything!" and walked away.

Sheesh.
Someone was bitter. Lol

Reaction Score
I play multiple sports and have been to many different sporting events, and honestly the players often have worse attitudes than the fans.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Back when DT was playing I drove up to South Bend for a game. I sat next to 2 nuns that HATED DT. They stopped just short of swearing and went apoplectic each time DT dropped an F-bomb (which was way too often). They were hilarious and entertained the whole section.
They knew next to nothing of the game so they asked me lots of questions. When I kiddingly commented that they weren't acting in a christian fashion towards DT, they nicely told me to mind my own business.
Even though we lost, I had a blast with those 2.

Reaction Score
sign_display_image.jpg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Hmmm
In D's freshman year we were at the final four in St Louis. In the 1st game it was UConn vs ND. As much as I try to forget I still can remember the big lead at halftime that UConn blew. Our seats were right in the middle of the ND fans. With all my self-control I was 'reasonably' cheering the Huskies on. When the tide turned in the second half some of those wonderful ND fans started getting downright abusive :( With a minute or so to go we got up & started to leave. That's when the abuse (and some empty soda cups, programs etc) started flying in our direction. I simply turned & yelled back, "Enjoy it now. We'll be back next year and you won't"

Poetic justice is best served in 3's

Reaction Score
Years ago, when I was in college at Dayton, a friend and I went to a football game at Western KY. We were a few rows behind our bench and one of our players parents were in the front row cheering for UD (politely). There were mostly WKY students in our section and they were verbally abusive to any fans cheering for UD. Several male students got into an altercation with the player's parents and started hitting the father, causing the son to climb into the stands to physically defend his parents. The students were ejected from the stadium, but the football player was also ejected from the game and suspended from the next one. We left shortly after that as we were afraid for our safety.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
As the title of this thread is "bothered", rather than "harassed", I'll contribute.

Went to a Gampel game a couple of years back, and had a ticket for the bench seats, kinda down by the baseline area. They guy behind me was ginormous, wearing shorts, and his hamhock thighs practically framed my shoulders (and, I'm not a small guy myself). When he leaned forward, his watermelon-sized groin area practically grazed the nape of my neck. Much closer, and, he'd have to marry me. Made me uncomfortable (obviously).:eek:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have to say it was the game at Gambel I was at a couple of years ago when this silly little bear was sitting behind me kept spilling his red wine on me. I asked him politely if he could at least change to a pinotgrigio to stop the staining on my snowy white fur. Rudely and slurring his speech he told me to mind my own wine. He, also, kept jumping up and yelling foul ball. It may have been a reference to some big guy sitting behind him.

Reaction Score
Years ago, when I was in college at Dayton, a friend and I went to a football game at Western KY. We were a few rows behind our bench and one of our players parents were in the front row cheering for UD (politely). There were mostly WKY students in our section and they were verbally abusive to any fans cheering for UD. Several male students got into an altercation with the player's parents and started hitting the father, causing the son to climb into the stands to physically defend his parents. The students were ejected from the stadium, but the football player was also ejected from the game and suspended from the next one. We left shortly after that as we were afraid for our safety.
The whole team should have went with him.

Reaction Score
As the title of this thread is "bothered", rather than "harassed", I'll contribute.

Went to a Gampel game a couple of years back, and had a ticket for the bench seats, kinda down by the baseline area. They guy behind me was ginormous, wearing shorts, and his hamhock thighs practically framed my shoulders (and, I'm not a small guy myself). When he leaned forward, his watermelon-sized groin area practically grazed the nape of my neck. Much closer, and, he'd have to marry me. Made me uncomfortable (obviously).:eek:

Now I'm uncomfortable.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
A few years ago at a North Carolina game there were 3 older women sitting behind us. The objected whenever we stood and cheered. If you remember the game it was one of the best ever between played in Gampel. North Carolina had beaten UConn the previous 2 meetings and UConn trailed at the half by double digits. Gampel was really rocking as UConn made their comeback to win by a bunch. The entire arena was on their feet cheering for UConn and these ladies were upset because we were on our feet screaming for most of the second half. They even threatened to report us to security. :(

Unlike the woman in the video - we simply ignored them.
Was at that game- waks rockin! We just ran'm off the floor in the 2nd half. They were big- lots of height.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
You try getting red wine out of white fur and then you will know uncomfortable.
Bear Blood 3.jpg

"Is it just me, Mom??? Seals live in the sea, right? So they're seafood, right? So we should be using white wine in the first place, and then these red wine stains wouldn't even be a problem, right !?! Just look at us!!! How am I ever gonna get a job as a Coca Cola model looking like this!?! Awww,... this is just stupid!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom