Even if you don't like soccer, turn on ESPN..... | The Boneyard

Even if you don't like soccer, turn on ESPN.....

Reaction Score
Entire second level on the press box side is closed. Go to their web site and you will see. But the last time the Gold Cup came to town and prior to that the game against the Czech Republic to tune up for the WC the place was crazy.

Reaction Score
Entire second level on the press box side is closed. Go to their web site and you will see.

Nope... there are people sitting there too. Upper corner on that side closest to scoreboard is sparse tho.

Reaction Score
Nope... there are people sitting there too. Upper corner on that side closest to scoreboard is sparse tho.
Beg to differ. Have plenty of FB posts from fiends to back up what I said. And 11,500 empty seats do too.

Reaction Score
Beg to differ. Have plenty of FB posts from fiends to back up what I said. And 11,500 empty seats do too.

I'm sorry but you're wrong... there were people sitting in the second deck below the press box. First hand account from son @ game. It wasn't packed but it was not empty/closed off. It was very clear in pictures/TV and in news replays.

Reaction Score
An English guy masquerading as an American performing a gymnastics move was the most entertaining moment of the night? Sounds about right for soccer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I love soccer as much as you probably hate it. Just wanted to give the thread some balance.

Reaction Score
lol...i've taken my kids to maybe 10 UConn football games, several UConn hoops and celtics games and dozens of red sox games. yesterday was by far the most engaged and most fun they've ever had at a sporting event.

the ghana fans were great.

If only enough Americans felt the way you do, soccer wouldn't be the 6th most popular sport in the country.

Reaction Score

Careful that doesn't get pushed back at you during UCONN football. It's been awhile since I've seen that kind of excitement at UCONN football.
Soccer and football are two very different sports. Must be a psychological answer as to why some football fans have a knee jerk reaction every time they hear the word soccer.

Reaction Score
I used to mock any and all soccer. The flopping and whining to refs and the thrill of a 1-0 game. all that.

In the context of a live event yesterday blew away anything uconn has put on that field since maybe the WVA game in 2011 or whever it was. and that was the USMNT b team

there were a ton of empty seats on the upper level nearest the scoreboard. so?

Reaction Score
"Flopping and whining to refs". Are you getting men's basketball and soccer mixed up?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gentlemen, gentlemen.

It's okay to disagree on the sport of soccer. Is it the greatest game ever invented, loved by more people in the world than any other sport? Yes. But that doesn't mean that everyone has to love it. I suppose there are those people out there who don't love ice cream, or puppies, or quality beer. So there must be those who don't love soccer either.

To each, their own... ;)

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you're wrong... there were people sitting in the second deck below the press box. First hand account from son @ game. It wasn't packed but it was not empty/closed off. It was very clear in pictures/TV and in news replays.

Medic has it right ... the pressbox side between the penalty areas was about half full ... the corners were empty. Still a decent showing! I was hoping for around 30K so I was close!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They didn't sell any tickets in the club side upper deck. But they didn't go chasing people out of there. US Soccer sells the non-club side first because that's where the TV cameras face. And who cares about soccer haters? It's their loss. It's was an especially good showing since early estimates were 18K.

Reaction Score
They didn't sell any tickets in the club side upper deck. But they didn't go chasing people out of there. US Soccer sells the non-club side first because that's where the TV cameras face.

Can't avow w/ 100% certainty but I was told that was where the 5k +/- walk-up tickets were...

020.jpg

Third highest soccer attendance @ the Rent.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom