Even if you don't like soccer, turn on ESPN..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Even if you don't like soccer, turn on ESPN.....

Reaction Score
Not to worry. If (when) we start the season 3-1 and are playing exciting wide open offense and a smothering attacking defense, the crowd at the Rent on Friday night Oct 6 vs Memphis (and on ESPN) will look and sound just as fantastic.
Lets hope we get more than 10K Season's Tickets for our 20K stadium.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why anybody thinks we should care that you don't like soccer. By all means, feel free to just go ahead and live the rest of your life without expressing every marginal, uninteresting opinion you have.

I know it's a message board, and it's the offseason, but yeesh. You need a new hobby.

Reaction Score
Is there anything worse than baseball?
There may be hope for baseball. Took my grandson to an A league game in Jupiter Fl, They are experimenting with a clock to speed up the game. 20 seconds from time pitch hits catchers glove until pitcher releases the next pitch. Similar clock for between innings, manager visit to mound and time for new pitcher warmup, game really moved along. I understand there is major opposition to taking these rules to the majors, but , if the fans around me are indication, it my be out of the players hands Now if only little league games would adopt similar rules I would be happy.

Reaction Score
Baseball has to end the manager's trip to the mound. Call to the umpire and remove the pitcher.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Baseball has to end the manager's trip to the mound. Call to the umpire and remove the pitcher.
Replay is the worst. The goal was to remove arguments and speed up the game and also cover umpire asses for awful calls because the team can instantly watch a replay know they blew the call. Give me good old fashioned manager freak outs or get rid of umpires all together

Reaction Score
I have a way to take 20-30 minutes off the time of game, so simple but would wreak havoc with the record books. Every foul ball is a strike, regardless of the count. Count 3-2, foul ball, you're out. (Yeah, I was a pitcher and would have loved this.)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Baseball is stupid.

Having said that, I root for UConn regularly and I'm confident that Penders will bring us to the promised land some day soon... :cool:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
There are nuances to the game you commies wouldn't understand.

I used to play the game in high school. I'm not unfamiliar with the game. I'm well versed in it.

And this Commie knows that soccer is better... :eek:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The uniforms in soccer. What's with ads all over them. Qatar air lines?
And girlie scarves all the fans wear.

Reaction Score
There may be hope for baseball. Took my grandson to an A league game in Jupiter Fl, They are experimenting with a clock to speed up the game. 20 seconds from time pitch hits catchers glove until pitcher releases the next pitch. Similar clock for between innings, manager visit to mound and time for new pitcher warmup, game really moved along. I understand there is major opposition to taking these rules to the majors, but , if the fans around me are indication, it my be out of the players hands Now if only little league games would adopt similar rules I would be happy.

God I hope you are wrong.
There are nuances to the game you commies wouldn't understand.

I know the nuances.

If baseball were invented tomorrow, literally nobody would want to play such a "sport". If you want to eat a bunch of carbs and take a nap then baseball is for you.

It's also based on a British schoolgirls game called "rounders".

Reaction Score
I used to play the game in high school. I'm not unfamiliar with the game. I'm well versed in it.

And this Commie knows that soccer is better... :eek:

Baseball is for dudes with small hands and questionable verility. You can also be morbidly obese and be an elite baseball player.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Baseball is for dudes with small hands and questionable verility. You can also be morbidly obese and be an elite baseball player.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed my high school baseball memories and being on the field, and I enjoyed playing in softball beer leagues as an adult. But to watch a full game of someone else playing baseball is like getting a root canal.

Like I said, I root for UConn, but that's about it...

Reaction Score
Not sure you want to bring up hands and soccer this week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I really love baseball. Love the history, love the nuances, love the chance that every player on the field gets their equal opportunity to contribute to the win via the at bat. Baseball is never really going away. It may slide, but its still here and by many measures really doing just fine. Yes, in the long run its a Football, Basketball, Soccer world, but so what.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom