Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's possibly Gibbs "verbally" committed when on the visit, which would explain the quotes, but hasn't signed on the dotted line and thus will take the final visit that he had planned the whole time, to NC State.

If this were to be the case, it's possible Gibbs simple doesn't know exactly what the term "commit" means. As in his head "committing" means signing a LOI.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
My guess? Gibbs wants UConn, dad says do your due diligence. His (Temple's) quote about only having one shot to get it right means he's guiding his son to be careful. Still confident.

Reaction Score
My guess? Gibbs wants UConn, dad says do your due diligence. His (Temple's) quote about only having one shot to get it right means he's guiding his son to be careful. Still confident.

That's the same conclusion I came up with. Let's hope we're right

Reaction Score
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/05/17/0517-ohio-state-men-basketball.html

Temple Gibbs, father of Sterling, told The Dispatch his son hadn’t decided where he will transfer to play his senior season as a graduate student who will be available immediately.

“Not yet,” Temple said. “It might go down today or tomorrow.”

Then, multiple reports surfaced that Sterling Gibbs had chosen to play at Connecticut, where he visited Thursday and Friday on a recruiting trip. And after that, CBSSports.com reported that Gibbs was going to visit North Carolina State this week. Sterling Gibbs retweeted that report himself.

Gibbs' father said he hadn't heard of either report.

Reaction Score
CFKBSthWMAA5ix3.jpg:large

Reaction Score
It's possibly Gibbs "verbally" committed when on the visit, which would explain the quotes, but hasn't signed on the dotted line and thus will take the final visit that he had planned the whole time, to NC State.

If this were to be the case, it's possible Gibbs simple doesn't know exactly what the term "commit" means. As in his head "committing" means signing a LOI.
Hopefully Rodney set him straight on NC State. I imagine the staff at NC State, after knowing where Gibb's head's at (e.g. UConn all the way) they might not expend every effort in wooing this kid, and pull every rabbit out of the bag during his visit. Not saying they won't try, but it should be clear to Gottfried & Co. that this kid's minds been made up, for a while.

As much as I am dying to hear a tweet from Gibbs direct that he is committing, it's clear he's already stated as much to UConn staff and reporters. In fact, if we go back a week ago to Myers report, it seems clear his decision was made up the entire time, but probably wanted to go through the motions and make sure all the T's were crossed, which we can hardly blame him given the importance of such a decision, and his need exhaust all other avenues make sure he's not missing anything.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I've seen the latest. I may have to timestamp "latest" the way things of been evolving. I expect he will do a formal announcement on his own terms in a few days. In the meantime, I'm sure I will be glued to the boneyard until that LOI is signed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hopefully Rodney set him straight on NC State. I imagine the staff at NC State, after knowing where Gibb's head's at (e.g. UConn all the way) they might not expand every effort and pull every rabbit out of the bag during his visit. Not saying they won't try, but it should be clear to Gottfried & Co. that this kid's minds been made up, for a while.

As much as I am dying to hear a tweet from Gibbs direct that he is committing, it's clear he's already stated as much to UConn staff and reporters. In fact, if we go back a week ago to Myers report, it seems clear his decision was made up the entire time, but probably wanted to go through the motions and make sure all the T's were crossed, which we can hardly blame him given the importance of such a decision, and his need exhaust all other avenues make sure he's not missing anything.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I've seen the latest. I may have to timestamp "latest" the way things of been evolving. I expect he will do a formal announcement on his own terms in a few days. In the meantime, I'm sure I will be glued to the boneyard until that LOI is signed.

Gibbs tweeted his commitment 6 hours ago dude.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Hopefully Rodney set him straight on NC State. I imagine the staff at NC State, after knowing where Gibb's head's at (e.g. UConn all the way) they might not expend every effort in wooing this kid, and pull every rabbit out of the bag during his visit. Not saying they won't try, but it should be clear to Gottfried & Co. that this kid's minds been made up, for a while.

He announced 6 hours ago on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky