Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another roller coaster. These inside info posts get me all jacked up. Then these recognized recruiting figures saying it putting their reputation on line. And it doesn't mean they heaRd from CT camp. These guys probably fact check both sides. Have these types of recruiting processes ever ended up good for us or anyone.

Reaction Score
These recruiting guru's are so desperate to break a story. It's funny, though, after hours/days of silence, Gibbs has conversed with 3-4 guru's. What did he tell Daniels that was so different than what he told the others.

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way..kid isn't too smart if he chooses NCState. Why go somewhere where you will be a back up compared to a starting slot?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Another roller coaster. These inside info posts get me all jacked up. Then these recognized recruiting figures saying it putting their reputation on line. And it doesn't mean they heaRd from CT camp. These guys probably fact check both sides. Have these types of recruiting processes ever ended up good for us or anyone.

LOL at recruiting expert and fact checking. 1 person who might have information and you've got a source. It's twitter everything is forgotten under a deluge of posts within 24 hours.

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way..kid isn't too smart if he chooses NCState. Why go somewhere where you will be a back up compared to a starting slot?
If he goes to NC State he'll be a starter in a 3-man back court with Barber and Henderson. He'll have the same role Lacey did.

From the beginning of this Gibbs recruitment, NC State was the team that scared me most. Gonna be holding my breath for the next week or so.

Reaction Score
Well obviously he didn't spend any time with Purvis during his UConn trip.

Reaction Score
Im very frustrated right now - I can't help but feel he will go somewhere else just to spite these guys who said he has committed to us. I don't have a good feeling about the situation and I'm usually a glass half-full guy

Reaction Score
After this I would be suprised if he ends up here. I was kinda scared of Ohio state anyways. He could just be enjoying being recruited all over again, but why not commit if he likes uconn?.because he isn't sure makes the most sense and now NC State where he could fit in well also.DAMN!
Think about it. I see a few possible explanations. First is these gurus are either guessing or getting bad intel. If that's the case and Gibbs leaves without a decision, I think we're in trouble. It might mean that either he's favoring Ohio State, or neither UConn or Ohio State did enough to convince him, and he wants to see what NC State has to offer.

The other possibility is that he has chosen UConn and their sources are accurate, but Gibbs wants to tell the other coaches that he's choosing elsewhere. In the case with Ohio State he's telling them it's not them. In the case with NC State, he's telling them he won't be taking his visit. Then after that he'll make his formal announcement and/or tell those recruiting gurus to let everyone know.

I've followed recruiting for a long long time now, and frankly I'm pretty detached from it now. As much as I want us to land him, I kind of feel I don't really care. All this he's committed, he's not committed, is just like an annoying bug that I swat away. It's just not worth getting all that emotionally attached to any recruit anymore. I kind of hate the whole internet b******t stuff.

I'll just wait till my buddy, HooperScooper texts me the good or bad news.

It used to be fun following recruiting, but now its just flat out annoying. Most of these so-called Recruiting experts are just wildly guessing. We're now to the point where they have a website where they do this crystal ball crap that is completely speculative. 90% of the recruiting news is nothing but.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if a random anonymous boneyard posting counts as a "source" for journalists these days.

Reaction Score
Im very frustrated right now - I can't help but feel he will go somewhere else just to spite these guys who said he has committed to us. I don't have a good feeling about the situation and I'm usually a glass half-full guy

This is #peakboneyard right here, a kid sticking his tongue out at recruiting reporters and committing elsewhere just to spite them. How do you guys actually formulate this kind of nonsense in your brains?

Reaction Score
If he goes to NC State he'll be a starter in a 3-man back court with Barber and Henderson. He'll have the same role Lacey did.

From the beginning of this Gibbs recruitment, NC State was the team that scared me most. Gonna be holding my breath for the next week or so.[/QUOTE

Geeze wasn't Purvis his host? For cryin out loud, what has NCS ever done?

I'm not investing my heart in recruiting any longer. I'll wait until the official announcement.

Reaction Score

OSU and UCONN "lead" according to who? Is he saying according to Gibbs or Crystal Ball or some sh$t?? This is one of the worst roller coaster rides I can remember. I want off this friggin ride soon before I puke myself again. Ugh....

Reaction Score
This is #peakboneyard right here, a kid sticking his tongue out at recruiting reporters and committing elsewhere just to spite them. How do you guys actually formulate this kind of nonsense in your brains?
I don't think we wanna know.

Reaction Score
pretty interesting that daniels didn't delete his tweet saying gibbs committed to uconn. Seems along the same lines as what meyer did earlier.

Reaction Score
LOL at the posters chastising Daniels for not letting Gibbs announce it himself as they scour the Internet every 10 minutes looking for new info. Nobody to blame but yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom