Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Evan Daniels says Gibbs to UConn, Gibbs says hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been saying for the past few weeks that if he didn't commit on his visit, it's a bad sign. Now I say he goes elsewhere.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've been saying for the past few weeks that if he didn't commit on his visit, it's a bad sign. Now I say he goes elsewhere.
Yeah sounds like he's going elsewhere. If he would have wanted to go to UConn he would have locked that up by the latest this weekend.

Reaction Score
So now, Rivals has an article with quotes from Gibbs...

Before making his final school choice the post-grad took official visits with Pitt then Ohio State but made his final official visit to UConn this Thursday. Gibbs ended speculation choosing the Husky program today saying, "I committed to UConn today".

After taking his last official visit with the Husky's Gibbs saw himself as an integral part of their future plan, "It was a good visit. I really enjoyed myself! Had a great talk with the coaches and was able to see what they had planned for next year. Coach Kevin Ollie, he's a real good guy and that's what I like about it the most is that they are genuine," said the guard."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Starting to think Ollie runs a really tight ship. Neither the national guys nor the local guys who are supposedly keyed into the program have gotten anything right in a long time. Need to take every juicy piece of info with an enormous grain of salt.

Reaction Score
I'll just have to make sure to sabotage his trip when he comes down here. Definitely not letting him check out the local mosque

Reaction Score
Live look-in of Mark Gottfried:

Gottfriend Brinks.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So now, Rivals has an article with quotes from Gibbs...

Before making his final school choice the post-grad took official visits with Pitt then Ohio State but made his final official visit to UConn this Thursday. Gibbs ended speculation choosing the Husky program today saying, "I committed to UConn today".

After taking his last official visit with the Husky's Gibbs saw himself as an integral part of their future plan, "It was a good visit. I really enjoyed myself! Had a great talk with the coaches and was able to see what they had planned for next year. Coach Kevin Ollie, he's a real good guy and that's what I like about it the most is that they are genuine," said the guard."

Rivals could have said he committed just off of the Daniels source - but the second part of the quote, although most likely true, doesn't necessarily mean he committed.

Either way this is ****ing bizarre.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe he's been holding out for Kentucky offer since they have so many spots to fill.....

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way..kid isn't too smart if he chooses NCState. Why go somewhere where you will be a back up compared to a starting slot?

He is making mistake because NC State is essentially irrelevant in the college basketball landscape scene, screw the playing time.

When was NC state a real threat to win a title? When has a lottery pick come NC State? How many NBA players come from NC State? Something called Lorenzo Brown and D League Star TJ Warren.

If he is considering NC State I don't want this kid, doesn't have his head on straight. This if F&*KING UCONN Basketball

Speaking of, when the hell are we going to get out of the AAC?

Reaction Score
This is the work of the Illuminati being dictated from Bush while he cruises in his flying saucer.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think he's committed but wants to announce on his own terms. It makes the most sense.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Multiple sources have claimed Gibbs has committed to UConn, one of which even has alleged direct quotes from Sterling stating "I committed to UConn today." However, Gibbs posts on his Twitter that he has not committed?

There is an obvious disconnect here, but I still tend to believe when there's this much smoke, there's sure to be fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom