European game replays | Page 3 | The Boneyard

European game replays

Reaction Score
It's been interesting watching these games. I've been impressed with KK Arnold. Also, Ashlynn Shade has impressed me, especially with her movement on offense. She gets herself free alot, but her teammates don't find her. I've also been impressed with the screens set by these European teams. I saw a lot of double screens, especially in the Slovenia game. Also a lot of their game plans seems to be drives with kicks to open threes. Both of those techniques seemed hard for to UConn to adapt to, probably because UConn is being so agressive defensively. Even though they've been lopsided games, I think Geno will get a lot of teaching moments out of these exhibitions. It really makes me appreciate the effort that they took to make these game replays available to all UConn fans.

Reaction Score
It's been interesting watching these games. I've been impressed with KK Arnold. Also, Ashlynn Shade has impressed me, especially with her movement on offense. She gets herself free alot, but her teammates don't find her. I've also been impressed with the screens set by these European teams. I saw a lot of double screens, especially in the Slovenia game. Also a lot of their game plans seems to be drives with kicks to open threes. Both of those techniques seemed hard for to UConn to adapt to, probably because UConn is being so agressive defensively. Even though they've been lopsided games, I think Geno will get a lot of teaching moments out of these exhibitions. It really makes me appreciate the effort that they took to make these game replays available to all UConn fans.
We tend to go to the ball a lot and double team and even triple team the player who has it leaving others wide open for a 3. We also missed a lot of bunny shots.
KK was impressive and like you said so was Shade.
Our rebounding needs some help. Ice is not the force we thought she'd be but maybe she needs more time to get the strength back in her leg and get those twitch muscles firing. Aaliyah and Aubrey are doing really good.
One funny thing I noticed about Shade is she runs on her heels instead of her toes. Doesnt seem to slow her down though so who cares.
All in all Im impressed with this team and add Paige, Ayanna and a renewed Amari and we'll be top notch again.

Reaction Score
It took Mo Jefferson and Crystal Dangerfield two years to get to where KK is right now. She's electric on both ends of the court, and ignites the fast-break game we've been missing..
But I think my favorite of this crop of newbies, although maybe not the most talented right now, is going to be Qnie Mouse.

Reaction Score
It took Mo Jefferson and Crystal Dangerfield two years to get to where KK is right now. She's electric on both ends of the court, and ignites the fast-break game we've been missing..
But I think my favorite of this crop of newbies, although maybe not the most talented right now, is going to be Qnie Mouse.
KK is a force. Love her dribble penetration, finish or pass off to Edwards for easy hoops. Also loved the hesitation moves of Edwards to clear herself for layups. KK apparently grew up with a basketball in her hands from a young age. She will be nearly impossible to contain.

Reaction Score
Let's pump the brakes a little. She's still basically a high school player that hasn't faced college level competition. The teams they are playing in these scrimmages aren't that good.

Reaction Score
From what little I've seen, KK looks the most ready to play, Ashlyn has potential and Q has been the least impressive of the 3. To me KK will be one of this years SPARKS off the bench. Still trying to figure out why Q starts?????

Reaction Score
From what little I've seen, KK looks the most ready to play, Ashlyn has potential and Q has been the least impressive of the 3. To me KK will be one of this years SPARKS off the bench. Still trying to figure out why Q starts?????
They're scrimmages. Try not to read too much into anything. They didn't even bother finishing today's game that's how unserious these games are.

Reaction Score
They're scrimmages. Try not to read too much into anything. They didn't even bother finishing today's game that's how unserious these games are.
Correct, That's why I said "From what little I've seen"

Reaction Score
KK brings a quickness and the ability to break oppennets down on the dribble to create offense by her scoring or finding an open man for a good shot. She also has Piage's anticipation of the passing lanes but has the quickness to get lots of steals. She is as good if not better on ball defender that Nika. She will make us better this year. Can't wait to see if Ayanna and Amari have made some improvements. If they have we will be tough.

Reaction Score
She is starting because Aubrey is playing the 4 and Caroline is out and Q has a three point shot that she is still finding under this level's stressors. In other words, she is the back up 3 right now.

Reaction Score
We tend to go to the ball a lot and double team and even triple team the player who has it leaving others wide open for a 3. We also missed a lot of bunny shots.
KK was impressive and like you said so was Shade.
Our rebounding needs some help. Ice is not the force we thought she'd be but maybe she needs more time to get the strength back in her leg and get those twitch muscles firing. Aaliyah and Aubrey are doing really good.
One funny thing I noticed about Shade is she runs on her heels instead of her toes. Doesnt seem to slow her down though so who cares.
All in all Im impressed with this team and add Paige, Ayanna and a renewed Amari and we'll be top notch again.
Another thing I noticed is we had trouble with the ball. It probably was like going from a leather Wilson or Spalding ball to one of those cheap rubber Walmart balls you find in a big cage in the toy department. Bouces too much and is way too light. Just a guess though , no real proof.

Reaction Score
Just a note to report that INES, reported as DNP, played most of the fourth quarter:
Ball Hawking and nice passes. Amari's playing time was about
4 minutes in the second quarter and a good number of minutes in
the fourth. Aubrey was tremendous. KK is not just fast, but
slippery quick! The team had a very nice vacation: on and off the
court! This was in reference to the PECS game.

Reaction Score
GOOGLE : UCONN+ live streaming... You may have to hit the
"all" indicator at the upper right of the "current" videos.
However, I tried my own advice... and no luck. It was there ( I saw it this morning), but.. now it is gone!
SORRY!

Reaction Score
However, I tried my own advice... and no luck. It was there ( I saw it this morning), but.. now it is gone!
SORRY!
In the search option on the UConn+ page, type in Pecs. That should work.

Reaction Score
I watched all the games enjoyed Aubrey in every one of them. I do appreciate having the videos to view, but could hardly make out who was who. Do these courts not have good lighting?? 2nd thing I noticed were the fans literally wiping sweat and fanning themselves the entire game. A/C must be non existent. 3rd..if I was Azzi, I'd definitely tell my dad to STOP THE BARKING nonsense. I turned the volume OFF. I can't imagine being in there with that let alone sitting anywhere near it. He.never.stopped.

It was great to see the freshmen get their feet under them, and the team having fun off the court. Can't wait for the season to start!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve: Does anyone know if UCONN+ will be replacing the uconnhuskygames.com site???
As far as I can tell, the eligible games were not posted after February of last season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Swerve: Does anyone know if UCONN+ will be replacing the uconnhuskygames.com site???
As far as I can tell, the eligible games were not posted after February of last season.
Uconnhuskygames.com is a fan site, UConn+ is UConn’s site

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom