ESPN UConn Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN UConn Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If you dont hear from me assume he got butt hurt and used his "powers" to get the last word in

Am I the only one who hates the term ButtHurt? Everytime I see it used on a message board I immediately judge the person using it. Its like the message board version of a neck/face tattoo. No Offense OU, I'm sure you are an upstanding, albeit contentious guy with a loose understanding of copyright infringement. I'm pretty sure the origins of that are associated with Sodomy no matter what its come to mean. Its the calling card of a .

Reaction Score
Who says we like it?

Brazzers charges for content too, but much like ESPN, there are other less expensive choices out there . . .
Yea for now, hopefully 5 or 10 years from now every article written will not be something we have to pay for.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who hates the term ButtHurt? Everytime I see it used on a message board I immediately judge the person using it. Its like the message board version of a neck/face tattoo. No Offense OU, I'm sure you are an upstanding, albeit contentious guy with a loose understanding of copyright infringement. I'm pretty sure the origins of that are associated with Sodomy no matter what its come to mean. Its the calling card of a .
If its any consolation i dont use the term outside of the interwebs.

Reaction Score
I just dont understand why people like how espn charges for content. I guess you also like advertisements before youtube videos or people asking for money at grocery store exits or maybe new/higher taxes. Then you support or fight for their cause even though it in someway hurts yourself. It mistifies me. Hey as long as they are happy.
....the scribblings of a madman

Reaction Score
A
....the scribblings of a madman
So you are one of the people i describe. You enjoy being charged for content. Just hand out your credit card to espn and when they raise their prices, smile.

Reaction Score
A
So you are one of the people i describe. You enjoy being charged for content. Just hand out your credit card to espn and when they raise their prices, smile.

Totally out of curiosity, who is going to pay the people to provide the content and develop / maintain the website? Do you expect it to be free? I can't imagine much quality in that type of relationship.

I don't love ESPN, but it seems fair that they can limit the dissemination of their content, no? If you don't like the messenger, don't utilize their message.

Reaction Score
?.. who is going to pay the people to provide the content and develop / maintain the website?
image.jpg

Over 10 Billion a year. They make money, im sure they can pay their writers 75-100k a year without any issues. We pretty much already pay them with our tv subscriptions, or all the ads we have splashed on their site.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear a vast majority of ESPN content is free, it's not hidden behind some pay wall. It's always funny when people think that they should get something for nothing......if you want to read it pay for it. If you don't like ESPN or their policy of charging for some content find it from another source.

They have a good business model why does that piss you off? I don't always like their content, talent, policies, but I love their business model and in fact I wish I'd have thought of it as does every other content sports provider.

What's your beef man? Maybe you need a nap.

Reaction Score
For the record, ESPN Insider also comes with a subscription to the mag, and watchespn/espn3 at no extra charge. So it's actually a bargain.

Reaction Score
Im done trying to defend the little guy. It falls on deaf ears and big wallets. The big business money sucker companies supporters win. Dont cry to me when everything on the internet ends up costing money down the road.

Reaction Score
View attachment 3986
Over 10 Billion a year. They make money, im sure they can pay their writers 75-100k a year without any issues. We pretty much already pay them with our tv subscriptions, or all the ads we have splashed on their site.
The "they make enough money already" argument doesn't work for me. That argument works until it's you that they are trying to take money from. Media is changing (for better or worse). People skip commercials on their dvr. Sports is one of the few classes that has done okay on this front because people want to watch it live. Most people are very adept at ignoring side web ads (note the Boneyard's annoying mobile pop up and Facebook imbedded ads in your stream) and there's lots of talk of making cable as we know it obsolete. Media has to find revenue steams or it dies.

As someone that provides my thoughts for a living, I'm somewhat protective of IP. I find people are only comfortable stealing content until their livelihood is somehow also "stolen" by outsourcing to another country or the like.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Now i know y people hate u...espn homer ..look up 'fair use'
Btw ive never seen the © after an article and noone is making a profit off of it or deeming it as their own work..if you were in germany at the time of hitler you would probably be a nazi officer with your mindset of enforcing a rule by a entity of immoral standings. (And being proud of it) espn thanks you for your efforts.
With that said i understand the board owners being concerned of being brought to court and espn spending thousands in legal costs over the posting of a random article. Best to side on the err of caution. Oh and dont be such a d--- no one likes d---s or nazi's. "F---off"

This is why I come to The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
This is why I come to The Boneyard.
You know what, one more post. I guess since all of you guys are so supportive of giving away your money then why not start charging for content on the boneyard?
How about 25-50% of the started threads become pay to view? You guys would be supportive of that as well, right? Lets start that up. If you still dont get my point then you are hopeless.

Reaction Score
You know what, one more post. I guess since all of you guys are so supportive of giving away your money then why not start charging for content on the boneyard?
How about 25-50% of the started threads become pay to view? You guys would be supportive of that as well, right? Lets start that up. If you still dont get my point then you are hopeless.
I'm 100% on board with having to pay to read your posts. In fact, you should stop posting here and go post on a board where it does cost money to read posts. Or stop posting here and go post on a different free board. Really, just stop posting here is what I am saying.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

You have no idea what your talking about. ESPN.com doesn't have close to 50% of their content behind a pay wall. I think it's about 10% iirc. I love the way you expose the depth of your ignorance of this topic with each of your posts. Do yourself a favor and stop doing it. Opinions are ok everyone is entitled to them but it's much more effective to have fact patterns and data points to support your opinions.

Reaction Score
You have no idea what your talking about. ESPN.com doesn't have close to 50% of their content behind a pay wall. I think it's about 10% iirc. I love the way you expose the depth of your ignorance of this topic with each of your posts. Do yourself a favor and stop doing it. Opinions are ok everyone is entitled to them but it's much more effective to have fact patterns and data points to support your opinions.
People have spoken ..u are in the minority of people who enjoy paying for content in multiple ways. I posted a poll which had roughly 18-22 votes and at last check 89% said they would NOT welcome a paid section here on this forum. So i guess i was right in saying that no one truly wants to pay for content. Btw that post was deleted by someone who didnt want to be told...i told you so.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Awww....you butthurt, sweetpea? Your lil poll got deleted?

Wonder why? Perhaps it's because we truly do not give a s--- about what you think about anything nor are we in the habit of soliciting advice from halfwits.

Copyright is copyright and we're obliged to honor it. If you think it somehow does not apply to you, you're free to start your own board.

In fact, why don't you start it tonight?

Reaction Score
People have spoken ..u are in the minority of people who enjoy paying for content in multiple ways. I posted a poll which had roughly 18-22 votes and at last check 89% said they would NOT welcome a paid section here on this forum. So i guess i was right in saying that no one truly wants to pay for content. Btw that post was deleted by someone who didnt want to be told...i told you so.

How you continue to have the inability to make distinctions, don't seem to have the wherewithal to understand basic law is amazing. I'll make it real simple for you-----small words here-----you no pay, you no get. You are the worse type of customer a business could ever have ---- the expect something for nothing guy and when yoo don't get it you piss and moan about it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

you have to be able to see why the owner/owners of this board don't want to risk it right? i agree we shouldn't have to pay for an espn article, but posting/copying it anywhere else is copyright. it's illegal, and your only saying this because you're not the one who would have to deal with the repercussions.

Reaction Score
Now i know y people hate u...espn homer ..look up 'fair use'
Btw ive never seen the © after an article and noone is making a profit off of it or deeming it as their own work..if you were in germany at the time of hitler you would probably be a nazi officer with your mindset of enforcing a rule by a entity of immoral standings. (And being proud of it) espn thanks you for your efforts.

You raise an excellent point, go copy and paste ESPN insider articles on the uk, cuse and peecee board. I will support you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom