ESPN- UConn matters | The Boneyard

ESPN- UConn matters

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
"So, congratulations, UConn. America has stopped laughing and started cheering. It's been a long ride, but now you can cancel your plans to spend December hanging out in the parking lot of the Mohegan Sun and telling strangers that you know Geno Auriemma, and pack your bags for a bowl game.

Now, go make some crank calls to people at UMass. You've earned it."

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This nugget was in there too:

After Saturday's outright win over Liberty, UConn is now 9-2 against the spread on the season. It's the most covers in a Huskies season since 2010, and no other team in the country has more covers this season.

Reaction Score
Watching the CBS game this afternoon and they were giving us some great exposure with the highlights. That is one excellent benefit of being on a CBS Netwpork.
The TV deal is one of Benedicts greatest achievements. Is this the last year of the deal? Hopefully our success can land us an extension or find us onto another cable network.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The TV deal is one of Benedicts greatest achievements. Is this the last year of the deal? Hopefully our success can land us an extension or find us onto another cable network.
Next year is the last year. I assume we will renew as CBS Sports moved their some of the C-USA content to Tuesday and Wednesday starting next year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Watching the CBS game this afternoon and they were giving us some great exposure with the highlights. That is one excellent benefit of being on a CBS Netwpork.

You have a TV at your tailgate?

:cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Other than the dynamic duo that seems to be our dedicated broadcasting team CBS SN has been good to us. Hopefully they’ll pony up a bit more for the renewal of our existing contract.

Last edited:

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I beg that there's a commentator switch next year but you can't beat turning on the TV and knowing exactly where your game is going to be shown.
Which is also why I love our TV deal for the Big East. No games behind a paywall and every game on national TV (bar the first one- whip around coverage).

Reaction Score

Today, the flags at Bottom 10 headquarters fly at half-staff. Pour one out for U-Can't.

It would be nearly impossible to truly express the futility of the UConn Huskies. After earning the distinction of the worst team to ever play in a BCS bowl game at the end of an 8-5 season in 2010, misery ensued.

There was the Bob Diaco era, which has been edited out of all Connecticut public high school textbooks due to graphic content.

There was Randy Edsall Part II, which was only slightly worse than "Weekend at Bernie's Part II." And by mentioning Randy Edsall in a college football story, UConn now owes him a check for $4.85. That was one heck of a contract.

There was the time UConn tried to make a rivalry trophy happen with UCF, but the Knights just left it to rust in Scott Frost's shed. There was the 2020 season that the school just scrapped altogether. There was the decision to leave the American Athletic Conference because the administration wanted to focus on more important things than football -- like basketball and its stamp collection.

From 2016 through 2021, UConn went 10-50, and half of those wins came against FCS competition.

But on Saturday, Mora exorcised those demons in perfect UConn style…”

I love this summary… not gunna lie. We’re 6-5 baby! Fun time to for casuals to hop back on the band wagon.

Reaction Score
Other than the dynamic duo that seems to be our dedicated broadcasting CBS SN has been good to us. Hopefully they’ll pony up a bit more for the renewal of our existing contract.
I am convinced Meghan had never watched a football game before this season. And Fauria isn't much better which is saying something considering he played football.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This nugget was in there too:

After Saturday's outright win over Liberty, UConn is now 9-2 against the spread on the season. It's the most covers in a Huskies season since 2010, and no other team in the country has more covers this season.
That'll get you noticed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Other than the dynamic duo that seems to be our dedicated broadcasting team CBS SN has been good to us. Hopefully they’ll pony up a bit more for the renewal of our existing contract.
If they can pony up a bit more for a new contract, I have no problem with CBS being for us what NBC is for Notre Dame...

... just sayin...

Reaction Score
You would think that the geniuses at ESPN would get Jim Mora's name right. He is not a Junior you morons.

Then, in 2022, a hero emerged. His name was Jim Mora Jr. Like all mythical figures, he had endured the hero's journey -- the slings and arrows and three years with the Atlanta Falcons. But like a phoenix from the ashes, he emerged on a field in New England and offered the world hope.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they can pony up a bit more for a new contract, I have no problem with CBS being for us what NBC is for Notre Dame...

... just sayin...
Well, that would be a little bit more than “a bit“ more, not that there’s anything wrong with that! ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am convinced Meghan had never watched a football game before this season. And Fauria isn't much better which is saying something considering he played football.

Every time she says "they gave X a first down" I want to punch something. No, the refs don't give first downs like Ellen or Oprah give their audiences gifts.

Reaction Score
Well, that would be a little bit more than “a bit“ more, not that there’s anything wrong with that! ;)
Benedict should look to structure it like Randy's contract, if we give them a P5 opponent more $, a top 25 opponent more $! What do y'all think?

Reaction Score
Every time she says "they gave X a first down" I want to punch something. No, the refs don't give first downs like Ellen or Oprah give their audiences gifts.
She also always asks is that enough for a first down when the player is like 8 yards past the line to gain.

Come on, he's a million times better than her but she does provide some extra entertainment with the comic relief. She's actually probably good at covering hoops but it's nuts they give her football games. Fauria must be rolling his eyes the entire time.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom