Espn preseason UConn number 1 | The Boneyard

Espn preseason UConn number 1

Reaction Score
I wonder how South Carolina will look with Boston, cooke, Beal, and amihere leaving

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised he picked us #1 although a good argument can be made that we could be the best team in the country. He didn't include Shade and Arnold in his analysis (admittedly it was brief) which I think is a mistake - one or both could be real contributors

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised he picked us #1 although a good argument can be made that we could be the best team in the country. He didn't include Shade and Arnold in his analysis (admittedly it was brief) which I think is a mistake - one or both could be real contributors
I honestly think we were the best team coming into 2023 and the injuries kept a coming .. I’m gonna reserve my expectations for next year until we UConn can field a healthy team opening day

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder how South Carolina will look with Boston, cooke, Beal, and amihere leaving
When did Amihere announce her decision? And what was it?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I believe Saxton is also a senior...but, both Amihere and Saxton have one more year of eligibility (COVID Year).

Reaction Score
Duh. Assuming we stay healthy we should be number 1 going into next year. No one should have expected anything different given our proven roster let alone who we add. The biggest question will be health.

Reaction Score
SC will be formidable still--remember, their bench often outscored the starters, so they will be just fine. All they seem to lack is outside shootings..

Reaction Score
It's crazy to see Stanford and South Carolina out of the top 5, after the past 3 plus years they've been so high. I like the Uconn love. I really think it's a good point about their bigs. I think Ice is going to be a stud, and her and AE are about as good as an offensive PF + Center in the nation. As others have said, without knowing what's going to happen in the portal it's probably all mute. IDK if an Angel Reese caliber player will enter it this year but even looking back at how Alissa Pili completely changed Utah's ceiling. That's what I like about the portal.

Reaction Score
Happy to be viewed as a pre-season #1. I hope the team gets back to health, has a great summer session with the new players, a successful trip to Europe, and is fully ready for a strong start to the next season!

I am looking forward to our bench players getting stronger. If Amari, Yanna, and Ines progress well, that will add to what the team can accomplish next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The transfer portal will most likely have a very big determination on the rankings come November. There are a lot of big names in the portal and programs will be looking to fill their shortcomings. So to me his rankings don't have any relevance. I really like the our team and believe that with the four freshman, we have really improved our bench. Starters aren't our problem, it's having a competent bench which Geno trust. We are going to be really, really good. But, with the portal, many teams can improve quickly.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Being #1 on the day you win the NCAA tournament is what matters. The opinions of writers, coaches, talking heads, and Boneyarders ;):rolleyes: don't matter one bit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good time Charlie didn’t waste any time to reveal his not-too-early top 25 preseason rankings for next season. I’m pleased to see UConn back at number one where they belong. Now I’d like to see them live up to it. Charlie’s list gets our spring and summer off to a good start. Only 7 more months until the season starts back up. :)

Reaction Score
I think this year we saw the importance of having luck on your side more than anything in March. UConn and ND unlucky to have so many injuries, MD unlucky to go up against SC so early, SC unlucky to have their worst game while going up against Clark, LSU lucky that Indiana lost early and that Iowa beat SC, VT lucky that UConn got knocked out early, etc.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think this year we saw the importance of having luck on your side more than anything in March. UConn and ND unlucky to have so many injuries, MD unlucky to go up against SC so early, SC unlucky to have their worst game while going up against Clark, LSU lucky that Indiana lost early and that Iowa beat SC, VT lucky that UConn got knocked out early, etc.

Actually, LSU's biggest luck came when Utah choked that game away against them.

I'm not sure I buy that SC had their "worst" game. They did what they do often: destroyed their opponent on the boards and shot poorly. They just lost a close game unlike their close wins against Stanford, UConn, Ole Miss, and UCLA.

Reaction Score
The transfer portal will most likely have a very big determination on the rankings come November. There are a lot of big names in the portal and programs will be looking to fill their shortcomings. So to me his rankings don't have any relevance. I really like the our team and believe that with the four freshman, we have really improved our bench. Starters aren't our problem, it's having a competent bench which Geno trust. We are going to be really, really good. But, with the portal, many teams can improve quickly.
What big names are in the portal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom