Espn preseason UConn number 1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Espn preseason UConn number 1

Reaction Score
What big names are in the portal?
The portal works for new coaches but if you are established I think it hurts your program more than it helps. As a coach you shouldn't need others to develop your players, nor should you want people who aren't loyal. I would be surprised if any big names land at other contenders for next season.

Reaction Score
I think Stanford will be better next year. Jones didn't look like she really was enjoying BB this year and the team as a whole looked like they needed a full time leader. Brink should give them that and they have a ton of talent on the bench waiting to get their chance. Iowa will struggle next year and be lucky to be a top 10 team with out the people they are losing. The two playing the extra year are good players but not quick enough to defend the top athletes. LSU will be the team to beat in the south and I like UCONN up north.
I agree that Stanford will be better without Jones next year as long as other people get better/step up. They have A LOT of talent on their roster that they never got to mesh together. I think having one clear leader and style of play will help them develop better chemistry and hopefully more solid rotations.

Reaction Score
I think Stanford will be better next year. Jones didn't look like she really was enjoying BB this year and the team as a whole looked like they needed a full time leader. Brink should give them that and they have a ton of talent on the bench waiting to get their chance. Iowa will struggle next year and be lucky to be a top 10 team with out the people they are losing. The two playing the extra year are good players but not quick enough to defend the top athletes. LSU will be the team to beat in the south and I like UCONN up north.
I’m intrigued to see how Stanford does as well. I think the loss of Jones will be more impactful than you think, however. She was their primary ball-handler, second-best rebounder, and the only one on the team who could create her own shot. I don’t see anyone else on their roster who can create their own shot at the moment. I think they may start out slow next year but start to look like a top team towards the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Johnson, Hall, and Cardoso will be starters for sure, assuming all the seniors leave. The other two starting spots are up for grabs imo. Maybe Fulwiley will grab the other guard spot, she’s a great offensive player. I could actually see them being a bit better offensively next year but they’re gonna be nowhere near as good defensively.
South Carolina's offensive woes this year were more of the visual variety. Because of their offensive rebounding efficiency and Boston's low post play they were a very efficient offensive team that was pretty high score. They ended most poessessions with a basket they just needed 2-3 chances on each possession to do so. Next year I imagine they will be more dynamic offensively but not necessarily more efficient or consistent on that end of the ball. I don't imagine they'll be stopped by a team playing defense like Iowa did next year but on the flip side, most teams won't have to play defense against them that way with Boston and Saxton gone. Cardosa remains a threat down low but is easier to guard as she doesn't yet have the skill set of a Boston or a Brink around the basket or from the free throw line extended.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Good time Charlie didn’t waste any time to reveal his not-too-early top 25 preseason rankings for next season. I’m pleased to see UConn back at number one where they belong. Now I’d like to see them live up to it. Charlie’s list gets our spring and summer off to a good start. Only 7 more months until the season starts back up. :)
Ha!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I believe Saxton is also a senior...but, both Amihere and Saxton have one more year of eligibility (COVID Year).
No, Saxon has used all five years. Fletcher has used all five.

Boston has announced wnba.

Zia seemed to want to go pro as did Beal. But there has been no public announcement.

Amihere has been totally quiet

Reaction Score
No, Saxon has used all five years. Fletcher has used all five.

Boston has announced wnba.

Zia seemed to want to go pro as did Beal. But there has been no public announcement.

Amihere has been totally quiet
I may be wrong but going quiet more likely means they’re leaving imo

Reaction Score
More waste from Mr. Creme.
Hundreds of players in the Portal with no idea who will wind up where.

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by Law & Order
Why?

Everyone complains that women's hoops doesn't get enough coverage. Every sport does this. It's fun, engages fans, and gives people something to talk about.

Do you have any idea how many people are fuming that he has us as #1 on Twitter? It keeps the sport in the forefront. I love it.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but going quiet more likely means they’re leaving imo
As long as they weren’t too quiet ‘ cause they gotta notify the w within 48 hours of their last game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom