ESPN Poll: IS UConn a legit F4 threat? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN Poll: IS UConn a legit F4 threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty much all the blue states give UConn at least a 40% chance except KY, NM, NE. What the heck did UConn ever do to Nebraska to piss 'em off?

Punked them in the 1992 NCAA Tournament, despite Rod Sellers having to sit the game out due to a one-year-later NCAA suspension that still hasn't happened since.

They have long memories down on the farm.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Punked them in the 1992 NCAA Tournament, despite Rod Sellers having to sit the game out due to a one-year-later NCAA suspension that still hasn't happened since.

That's more Creighton country aint it?

Reaction Score
That's more Creighton country aint it?

Creighton is in downtown Omaha (I was immediately reminded an Onion article, with a picture of the "imposing Omaha skyline").

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rural-nebraskan-not-sure-he-could-handle-frantic-p,465/

NU is in Lincoln, where the football stadium becomes the third largest city in the state for home games.

Creighton has done a good job at finding its niche in men's soccer and men's basketball - since Nebraska doesn't offer soccer, and it's a football school first and foremost. Nebraska has been pretty good at some other sports, though (women's volleyball, baseball, softball, gymnastics, etc.). The Huskers also draw well for everything. They'll have a 10K attendance for volleyball sometimes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was very impressed with Florida, especially with players out. They are going to be a major contender in March.

I thought we would be a Final Four team before the season started, but right now, I think they're reasonably ranked in the top 15. They are going to have a terrific season, but there's a lot of improvement needed to become a Final Four contender, and not just at the 5 spot. Deandre has to get tougher battling inside, Boat has to become an efficient scorer, Omar has to improve all aspects of his game, Giffey and Kromah have to learn how to fit in on offense, Brimah needs to learn the game, Nolan needs to be able to play solid without fouling. I like the path they are on. They play hard and play as a team. Just need a lot of things to come together.

I think you are realistic. And I hope we improve and go all the way. But if this is a sweet 16 year after what we came through, that is fantastic

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

It was worth it to see him nail Laetner!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Punked them in the 1992 NCAA Tournament, despite Rod Sellers having to sit the game.

That was the last UCONN victory while I was a student. Drunken mayhem at Teds then Huskies. The next game, not nearly as enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom