ESPN Newest WNBA Mock Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN Newest WNBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
The NY Liberty just signed a guard from the French National Team, Marine Johannes. As far as I can tell Boyd, Zellous, and Prince from last year's team remain unsigned. I think Sugar Robinson is still under contract. Wondering aloud how Johannes' signing might affect their draft pick. They'll get a potential star with the 2nd pick in the draft, but in this particular draft their early 2nd round pick could be a very good player as well.

Reaction Score
Anybody looking to draft Katie Lou has to consider her injury history. The WNBA will be much more physical than college. Lou's my favorite player, but that has to be a concern.
Any team with check any draftee's injury history. Lou has been relatively solid, having a torn ankle tendon that has been fixed should not be major issue. She played 3-4 months after the operation so likely next year will be stronger. Having someone going full speed dive into your back not an issue that would typically repeat itself.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I watched most of the games. She did most of her damage driving hitting 10 footers and driving to the basket. Who do you think was playing the 4 for the Aces most of the time? Again, Swords, Jin Su, and Bone shared minutes at the 5. Also, Aja only played 30 minutes a game. She did not play the 5 for most of those minutes let alone all which is what you said earlier.

You can discuss the minutes, but if you look at the games of the respective players.

If you examine the statistics and you see from where Wilson scored, she was much more efficient as a bruiser down low and closer to the basket -- which is the skillset of a traditional center.
  • From 0-5 feet, she shot 61-106 (57.5 percent)
  • From 6-10 feet, she shot 70-150 (46.7 percent)
  • From 11-15 feet, she shot 70-177 (39.5 percent)
As an aside, of Park's 98 shots last year, 50 were from between 16 and 26 feet.

Wilson's frame, especially her leg strength and base, is one of power and force, not one of fluidity of movement (as one might expect with a forward).

But, as I noted here earlier (and on Rebkell) and as others have noted (here and on Rebkell), Bill Laimbeer likes playing two bigs together who do not necessarily have the shot range (Ruth Riley and Cheryl Ford) or having a player to be an enforcer on defense and not shoot much while having another post player take the bulk of the shot attempts (Tina Charles and Kia Stokes). It worked when Laimbeer was in Detroit; it did not work in NY (especially in the playoffs, when teams with more fluidity and offensive versatility were able to take advantage, even though NY was frequently playing at home))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom