ESPN ignores UConn again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN ignores UConn again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another one in the 4th quarter of the Texas game: Texas has the ball and a whistle blows, and Adams and Fanta say it’s a foul on … someone, but who? The only player near the play is Aaliyah Moore and it would have been her fifth foul. The refs then let UConn inbound the ball and we hear not a peep about what the call might have been. I can guess that it was a travel or someone stepped out of bounds. But it’s like the commentators don’t really care about getting this detail right.

Kat

Reaction Score
Look, I love the UConn women, but are you seriously claiming that as many people want to read about women's basketball as MLB, NFL, and NBA ? They don't. That's just a fact. Expecting the media to give equal treatment to all sports and completely ignore the actual interest in their audience is just not being realistic.
I was hardly advocating equal media coverage. I'd just like, for instance, to see more coverage than the nothingburger that we're served up on a daily basis. In today's LA Times, for instance, the only mention is 30 words on USC's win at the bottom of a page about the men's team. UCLA women are not mentioned at all. This is normal for this newspaper and they are not the only one. Same with the local tv news sports reports.

Reaction Score
Wow ESPN/ABC. Nice idea put the game on national TV but our FT Lauderdale affiliate didn’t pick up game today.

ESPN3? Finally started their feed 15 min late. 4 min left in Q1. I guess better late than never.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow ESPN/ABC. Nice idea put the game on national TV but our FT Lauderdale affiliate didn’t pick up game today.

ESPN3? Finally started their feed 15 min late. 4 min left in Q1. I guess better late than never.
It’s on ABC

Reaction Score
Evidently missed a good game
Hopefully can watch on YouTube tomorrow

Reaction Score
Still waiting for someone to tell me how ESPN disrespects/hates UConn…
This is probably another odd coincidence.
Screenshot_20221127-142222_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Not a surprise, but over at ESPN website, when you go to their women’s NCAA basketball section, no mention of beating NCState unless you hunt around for it. SC-Stanford is top story deservedly, then next item is Caitlin Clark getting 33 points, then a bunch of other women’s games info. Well, they have a section called “Top Headlines” so it must be there, right? Wrong! They mention UConn twice, once about CD’s collapse and another about Dorka missing games with thumb injury, but the game between two top ten teams playing is not a top headline apparently. You have to click on “Scores” at top of page to find the game. Pathetic.
No surprise there! Probably still blinded with apoplectic rage at seeing their “preferred” final four picks, Tennessee and Texas fold like a cheap suit! They’ve been subtly diminishing UConn for years now. Unfortunately for them, UConn is not cooperating! They keep sending the (your time is over) message but somehow, it’s not getting through! I’m particularly looking forward to seeing them (oh so reluctantly) interviewing Geno and company after we win the championship!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom