ESPN Announcers | The Boneyard

ESPN Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
were horrible.

I know TV loves a close game, but the lead announcer had to have mentioned a dozen times that UConn had previously blown double digit leads in the 2nd half. He couldn't stop himself from gushing about the talents of Sykes from UCF.

It was tough to listen to but a good game to watch...

Reaction Score
were horrible.

I know TV loves a close game, but the lead announcer had to have mentioned a dozen times that UConn had previously blown double digit leads in the 2nd half. He couldn't stop himself from gushing about the talents of Sykes from UCF.

It was tough to listen to but a good game to watch...

Totally agree - I had to hit the mute button for most of the second half. If I heard one more time on how great Sykes was and how he had an NBA body I would have sent the remote through the tv.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The best part was when the woman ____ gave her all conference team and left Shabazz off. I think this was her first college basketball game.
Brooke Weisbrod generally does women's games. She's not usually that bad but maybe she wasn't all that up to speed on the men's game. I found her rather repetitive and tiresome tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
huskiesnyc said:
The best part was when the woman ____ gave her all conference team and left Shabazz off. I think this was her first college basketball game.

No you're mistaken that was her "captain America" team. Lets give her the benefit of the doubt and assume somewhere under a stack of papers shabazz is on her all conference team.

Reaction Score
oui - the scripwriter needs a hot poker poked in his for proper motion.

Reaction Score
oui - the scripwriter needs a hot poker poked in his for proper motion.

may i suggest both the front and back door for intense motivation, after all it is an ESPN robot

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I liked Brooke particularly when the lead announcer said we all know how that feels after Ryan took one in the nuts, she chuckled and said I think you have to know more about that than me!
She could have let his statement go by without comment. It was a hilarious that she didn't because she recognized he forgot who was his sidekick.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Brooke Weisbrod usually does women's games. She's not usually that bad but maybe she wasn't all that up to speed on the men's game. I found her rather repetitive and tiresome tonight.

She made up for that with sheer hottiness. That is all.

Reaction Score
Didn't think they were that bad. I'd rather these two than Bob Knight, Dan Dakich or Jimmy Dykes

Reaction Score
Didn't think they were that bad. I'd rather these two than Bob Knight, Dan Dakich or Jimmy Dykes
Speaking of announcers I dislike, last night was Dan Dierdorf's last game, it appears. Thank the Lord. I like many NFL announcers (Buck, Aikman, Sims, Collinsworth), but I cannot stand Dierdorf - it's the closest I come to turning the volume off. Have a good retirement Dan.

Reaction Score
I think the announcers for all the AAC games have done a good job of both educating viewers about the new programs and of pumping them up as legitimate. They are trying to grow the league. Everyone knows UConn and Memphis play good basketball. They need to develop the reputations of UCF, SMU etc. so expect them to continue doing it. I have no problem with it, especially with UCF winning the Fiesta Bowl. Their whole athletic department can be nationally legitimized in one year if the basketball team can have good run. That helps all of us.

Reaction Score
Watched it early this morning and didn't think they were too bad. Certainly not a top team of game announcers but they were okay. She's not bad, misses some obvious but picks up on some things. He just is a little too robotic but was fair to both teams…….

Reaction Score
No, she did a Texas game, and noted how flat the team was the day before. I thought she was much better yesterday. It's OK to leave Shabazz off a Captain America team. He doesn't have a prototypical NBA body.

Reaction Score
She did mention at one point that we were "going back to the inside" to get buckets and that was good because we were "playing to our strengths" not sure if it was her first game but it was def her first UCONN game if she thinks we are strongest in the paint.

Reaction Score
She did the SMU game as well, I believe. I'm fairly certain she was also the AAC sideline reporter for football.

One thing to keep in mind with these lower level announcers, they do a lot of regional work during the week so they aren't preparing for 1 or two games like the bigger names do. They are doing 4-5 games and can't put the time in that person who calls the bigger games (Bilas, Elmore, etc) can. They are traveling almost daily and not seeing two days of practice, just a walk through after a quick glance at a media guide in the airport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of super heros. I've always like the underdog role, both literally and figuratively. You know it ain't the size of dog that counts.....

Bazz and Boat are on my Mighty Mouse team ;)

Funny they didn't mention how Captain America, with the NBA body, was getting shut down by a bunch of skinny and short dudes:D

Reaction Score
In a fight with UCF we are in serious trouble.
Good thing fighting isn't part of basketball.
We are skinny but our quickness particularly our guards made them look like chairs.
The initial penetration left our quick bigs alone on the back line.

Reaction Score
In a fight with UCF we are in serious trouble.
Good thing fighting isn't part of basketball.
We are skinny but our quickness particularly our guards made them look like chairs.
The initial penetration left our quick bigs alone on the back line.

Imagine if we had Ater Majok!

Reaction Score
She did mention at one point that we were "going back to the inside" to get buckets and that was good because we were "playing to our strengths" not sure if it was her first game but it was def her first UCONN game if she thinks we are strongest in the paint.

I heard that and wondered aloud myself……lol

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I heard that and wondered aloud myself……lol
Earlier in the game she was spot on about rebounding being UConn's weakness, so when she made that statement I went wtf until I realized she was thinking about UConn's past teams and didn't complete the thought in her statement. I really don't know if this is true, but I can make excuses for announcers that look like her.

All my kidding aside I actually liked her as an announcer and hope to see more games by this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom