Eric Reibe | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Eric Reibe

Reaction Score
I think he and Bundalo could be a really sweet combo. Both very versatile, seem to have good ball knowledge, can spread the floor and attack. Modern bigs.
I would absolutely LOVE to see him and Bundalo together - two versatile bigs in the DH offense would be beautiful to watch.

I think Reibe may have been the most important recruit in this class, so stoked for him coming aboard if all plays out as expected.

Reaction Score
It's interesting when fans of a team read another team's board and then come back to their own board to report on what the other team's fans are saying. I don't think we're saying Reibe is ours. Everyone is posting little tidbits from recruiting reports and all seem to point to Reibe committing to UConn. That's what we're reacting to.
This dude specifically says someone close to the Creighton program. Listen, we’re all sharing crumbs of optimism, wherever we can find them. It’s part of the fun of this whole recruiting exercise, reading tea leaves. No one knows what’s legit and what’s not but usually where’s there’s enough smoke there’s fire. Just keeping it toked HS. Sometimes you feel like the warden of this asylum called the Boneyard.

Last edited:

awy

Reaction Score
i was pretty irrationally confident with reibe and mullins because of luke's involvement with their recruiting. they seem like players who appreciate the next level big brain basketball theory being implemented here.

Reaction Score
We UConn fans have been fortunate to have had some special championship teams spread out over the last quarter century, so I think we have been better than most at not taking success for granted. And not being handed Blue Blood status kept us lean.

Hurley, though, may well be spoiling us in ways that will challenge our ability to remain the humblest arrogant-and-spoiled fandom. It is hard to not take winning for granted when your recruiting class is Adams, Reibe, Mullins, plus coming in to play for the best coach in the game and when that only seems like the beginning of the new recruiting era.

Reaction Score
Tough one - not sure one would have won without the other. Sometimes two personalities come together in sports in such a perfectly complimentary way, that it’s the chemistry of those two that creates the winning culture. It’s what makes sports the best form of entertainment on the planet, seeing how these things congeal. If I HAD to pick, would give TB12 the slight nod. You have the proof to support it (TB SB) and I think he’s just the harder profile to find.

I will say this, post playing/coaching I have surprisingly come to find Beli the far more interesting personality to listen to. I have such a better sense of why he was so unique now that he’s opened up after coaching.
I hear you on the combination being the strength. Maybe Coach B is working on the personality side of things a little bit more now that he's got a new female companion.

My initial attraction to the Patriots was I viewed them as a tough blue collar team that was well coached.

Didn't want to derail the Reibe vibe but was curious what your opinion was on the Brady/Bill B conundrum

Reaction Score
Tom Brady. But TB12 likely would have won 2-3 fewer without Bill. It went south when Bill got too much control over personnel post Pioli. Drafting Gronk and Edelman helped ignite the second era of the dynasty.
They had their best draft classes after Pioli left.

Pioli left in 2009.

Chung, Vollmer, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, McCourty, Solder, Cannon, Chandler Jones, Hightower joined in the first 4 yrs after Pioli.

Reaction Score
They had their best draft classes after Pioli left.

Pioli left in 2009.

Chung, Vollmer, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, McCourty, Solder, Cannon, Chandler Jones, Hightower joined in the first 4 yrs after Pioli.
Those were great picks. After 2017 not so much. Not nearly so much. The overall roster construction and free agency signings were much better in the early years.

Reaction Score
Those were great picks. After 2017 not so much. Not nearly so much. The overall roster construction and free agency signings were much better in the early years.
Very bad picks in last several years before Brady left, but the 2020-2023 drafts were pretty good.

One reason for the lack of draft talent from 2016-2019 was 4 lost picks to deflategate, constantly picking last in every round, and also trading away a lot of picks for veterans, trades for Brandin Cooks, Mo Sanu, Antonio Brown and many others. One year their first pick was end of the 3rd round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom