Eric Reibe | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Eric Reibe

Reaction Score
And a Rivals FutureCast!

Reibe FC 101124.JPG

Reaction Score
Man I'm so excited for him. He's my 2nd favorite prospect (I guess 3rd if you count Flagg, but I never thought he was realistic) we've been involved with after Liam the last 3 years. He's got that unicorn shooting spacing + lob threat verticality combination that is very rare. He's a 1-2 year guy then NBA IMO. Easy to squint and see Lauri Markkanen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So RR-Was it Bill B that made it work or Tom B? Gotta choose just one. LOL
Tom Brady. But TB12 likely would have won 2-3 fewer without Bill. It went south when Bill got too much control over personnel post Pioli. Drafting Gronk and Edelman helped ignite the second era of the dynasty.

Reaction Score
Man I'm so excited for him. He's my 2nd favorite prospect (I guess 3rd if you count Flagg, but I never thought he was realistic) we've been involved with after Liam the last 3 years. He's got that unicorn shooting spacing + lob threat verticality combination that is very rare. He's a 1-2 year guy then NBA IMO. Easy to squint and see Lauri Markkanen.
I really think he should be top 10-15 in the country. I'm incredibly impressed with the tape I've seen on him. He has a great shot and can handle for a big. Agree on 1 or 2 and done.

Reaction Score
I really think he should be top 10-15 in the country. I'm incredibly impressed with the tape I've seen on him. He has a great shot and can handle for a big. Agree on 1 or 2 and done.
I think he and Bundalo could be a really sweet combo. Both very versatile, seem to have good ball knowledge, can spread the floor and attack. Modern bigs.

Reaction Score
View attachment 104159
I’m now curious if the Wooten roster did have DH influencing. Would seem more than coincidental.
It's interesting when fans of a team read another team's board and then come back to their own board to report on what the other team's fans are saying. I don't think we're saying Reibe is ours. Everyone is posting little tidbits from recruiting reports and all seem to point to Reibe committing to UConn. That's what we're reacting to.

Reaction Score
Reibe's scoring package looks pretty versatile. Very comfortable out of the paint taking jumpers. Defense has to respect his shot and it clearly opens up the lanes in our motion offense/sets for cutters and can facilitate with some great vision/passing. Let's close the deal Dan.

Reaction Score
So RR-Was it Bill B that made it work or Tom B? Gotta choose just one. LOL
Tough one - not sure one would have won without the other. Sometimes two personalities come together in sports in such a perfectly complimentary way, that it’s the chemistry of those two that creates the winning culture. It’s what makes sports the best form of entertainment on the planet, seeing how these things congeal. If I HAD to pick, would give TB12 the slight nod. You have the proof to support it (TB SB) and I think he’s just the harder profile to find.

I will say this, post playing/coaching I have surprisingly come to find Beli the far more interesting personality to listen to. I have such a better sense of why he was so unique now that he’s opened up after coaching.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady. But TB12 likely would have won 2-3 fewer without Bill. It went south when Bill got too much control over personnel post Pioli. Drafting Gronk and Edelman helped ignite the second era of the dynasty.
Beli was notorious for always being a step ahead of the NFL, turning one teams trash into his treasure, reinventing talented players that felt washed up. He also found versatile diamonds in the rough in the draft with a focus on character and cultural fit, year after year.

This all disintegrated in the age of information and data analytics with technology evening the landscape.

His challenge was at a certain point of the information/data evolution in sports as a whole, he didn’t adapt and he didn’t give the reigns to a capable GM. He kept trying to outsmart the field with oddball cute draft picks that didn’t pan out, year after year. Taking guards out of Tennessee Tech in the first round didn’t work anymore and it was time to start going chalk. It just became exhausting as a fan to watch these hopeless draft classes amount to nothing every year. We’re still experiencing the pitfalls of his drafting and may for another couple years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom