Eric Bossi Class of 2019 Power Forwards | The Boneyard

Eric Bossi Class of 2019 Power Forwards

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Where things stand with 2019's uncommitted Rivals150 power forwards

On Precious
“UConn was considered the early leader and certainly still has a shot. St. John's was also thought to be strong too. Achiuwa hasn't really declared if he will sign early or late but it's looking like he will wait. Keep an eye out for Memphis. His visit there in October seemed to come out of the blue and Penny Hardaway could have the Tigers picking up some steam.”

On Akok
“Akok's lone remaining official visit to take is Pittsburgh and he's knocking that out over the next few days. A decision might not follow immediately, however Akok should be ready to decide relatively soon. There were rumors that he committed to UConn after his visit there but he shot them down. The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader.”

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Nothing new but says we should expect late signing for Precious and early signing for Akok

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we get Akok and Kofi we can sit back and wait on Precious.

If.

C

Chief00

If we get Akok and Kofi we can sit back and wait on Precious.

If.
Chief00 doesn’t think we sit back and wait - we also would be working on Plan B and C for the swing forward.
Quite frankly, if we miss out on Precious but have powerful 4 and 5’s for rebounding and interior defense - we could also go the three guard route and get the other big scorer that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If we sign Akok I kinda Think we move on from Precious. They play the same position.

Reaction Score
If we sign Akok I kinda Think we move on from Precious. They play the same position.

You don't move on from a player as good as precious imo. And I think they can play together pretty easily. Spread the floor on offense, and on defense one is perimeter one interior.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
If we sign Akok and Kofi, then idt not getting Precious would be the end of the world. If we can get him, a future lottery pick, it would be ducking awesome! However, we appear to be in a pretty good spot at the 3 with Polley/Wilson (yes, i know Polley is going to play 4 this year as of now, but believe he is more of a natural 3), so that being said, we could always get another guard or big guy if it doesnt work out with Precious. Just to be clear, I still want him, but just don't think its the end of the world if we dont get him but get kofi and akok.

Reaction Score

I don't think we move on from a talent like him that we are in good with but I do agree they will play the same position. That is unless Akok plays center. In a world where guys like Tobias Harris and Kyle Kuzma are playing minutes at center, a 6'9 guy with elite physical traits and a lack of a developed perimeter game will not be playing the 3.

Reaction Score
Sheesh. We are not moving on from Precious unless and until he moves on from us. If we end up with Kofi, Akok and the two guards we have and miss on Precious, it's still a great class and you take the best transfer you can after you've lost on him and have one more slot for next year.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Where things stand with 2019's uncommitted Rivals150 centers

Kofi Cockburn

Contenders: Final eight of Connecticut, Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Pittsburgh, St. John's and Syracuse.

Early or late: Late.

Breakdown: A massive, throwback style five man, Cockburn takes his first official visit this weekend when he checks out UConn (who he has also seen unofficially). He could be a big feather in Danny Hurley's cap during his first year in Storrs and the Huskies do appear to be in pretty good shape. But, a decision isn't expected anytime soon and others will get a chance to present their case

Tre Mitchell

Contenders: Connecticut, Illinois, Notre Dame and others.

Early or late: Late.

Breakdown: Mitchell has good skill, good size and should be ready to play important minutes pretty early in college. Notre Dame has gone all out for him and are in pretty good position and UConn and Illinois are certainly factors. The feel here is that he will wait to sign and that his recruitment could still be fairly open.

Qudus Wahab

Contenders: Final five of Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Virginia Tech.

Early or late: Early.

Breakdown: A promising big man who can run the floor, block shots and rebound, Wahab should be nearing the end of the recruitment process. He's got a visit coming up to Pitt the first weekend of November and the Panthers seem to have made some headway with him as most of the other talk has surrounded Virginia Tech and UConn.

Reaction Score
There seems to be increased talk of late signing with Kofi, Mitchell and Akok. Or maybe its just all coming from the same place multiple times, I haven't been paying close enough attention. The more knowledgeable here seem to think some of these guys are likely to sign early. It's a battle as to who is more informed and I hope our guys win the day.

Reaction Score
To be fair Precious is so physical that he did play a lot of 4 this year, but in the NBA I’m sure he will he developed as a 3. I think he and Akok actually compliment each other very well offensively, because Akok can stretch the floor and Precious is more adept to attacking the rim.

C

Chief00

Chief00 always got to consider that he might be too old school on some concepts. That’s why I absolutely love Kofi - a big guy who loves the paint and thrives on rebounding. Some young dudes were saying my formula to success is outdated - still not buying that - but always like to talk basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom