Eric Ayala | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eric Ayala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOTS of guys came to certain schools only after said school missed on their first choice. I mean, Green only went to UK because Duvall & Sexton flipped Cal the bird.

Regardless, I like Ayala a lot. But in no way, shape or form will he be ready to run a high-level D1 offense as a freshman.
We've benefited from this as much as anyone. Donyell, Charlie V and Ben Gordon say hi.

Reaction Score
I like the way he can pass inside at 6'5". We need someone to take those passes too.

Reaction Score
He got 2 Syracuse crystal ball predictions within the past 2 days :/

Reaction Score
He got 2 Syracuse crystal ball predictions within the past 2 days :/

Well who can blame him I mean look at Roberson, he's an immense talent and proving it with his 7 pts and 5 boards a game.

Reaction Score
Well who can blame him I mean look at Roberson, he's an immense talent and proving it with his 7 pts and 5 boards a game.
eh, he could also point to ennis. who came in out of the blue , and ended being a heralded first rounder. Much different than say, adams , who is not on any draft radar mid way through his second season.

Reaction Score
Just to clear up your/any confusion, Ayala has gotten 2 Syracuse picks (based solely on that article posted in this thread, by the way).

Shittu has no predictions and every indication is that he loves Ollie and is strongly interested in UConn. Shittu may be my personal #1 want for 2018. He's actually got some Draymond in him, and I typically despise when people compare players to Draymond. Haven't seen a built PF in HS that is able to run an offense like Shittu in a long time.

Simmons I guess could count, but he's more slender and was considered a SF in HS.

Reaction Score
Paxton tweeted Ollie and staff are at Putnam game with VA. Too many targets right up the road to not show face. There was some serious talent on floor. Putnam has Ayala and hami but VA does not have to apologize to anyone. Must have been a damn good game....loads of upper div 1
Players

Reaction Score
eh, he could also point to ennis. who came in out of the blue , and ended being a heralded first rounder. Much different than say, adams , who is not on any draft radar mid way through his second season.

Where is Ennis these days?

Reaction Score
Where is Ennis these days?

LINK

Couldn't help myself. This is his 3rd team in 3 years, he has never played well. Didn't have his 4th year player option picked up (like Bazz did). I think he will be buying a Eurorail pass soon.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Would have been Chris Thomas 2.0 if he stayed, was the right call
Yup. Kid was smart to get into a weak PG draft and get paid.

Adams would do well to remember that for us even if he keeps putting up huge numbers. This is the best PG class since Paul/Williams and is arguably deeper, while next year is thin as hell.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Let alone a 2017 freshman. Love Ayala. Definitely underrated, but I can't see him even playing a ball dominant PG until he's a sophomore at the earliest.
I like Ayala, but if he reclassified and runs the point for Cuse next year, I'd love it because of the sheer hilarity. Losing Lydon and AW3 is already going to sting, and they're in trouble with their PG situation too, and they have a roster full of backup PGs who don't want to take charge.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Guess who looked the best in the PSA vs VTA game? Jordan Nwora, who apparently didn't warrant enough attention from us. I know he's similar to Jackson, but he's that classic NEPSAC kid who will tear up the NCAA and leave everyone on here complaining about how we didn't push for him.

Reaction Score
LINK

Couldn't help myself. This is his 3rd team in 3 years, he has never played well. Didn't have his 4th year player option picked up (like Bazz did). I think he will be buying a Eurorail pass soon.

I didn't see much of him that year, but I caught his act in the NCAAs in Buffalo (UConn was in the same pod). He hurt my eyes with how bad he was. Couldn't hit a shot. I was shocked he went in the first round. He has decent size though, and a good handle.

Reaction Score
Bump

I figured I'd bump this thread with will Paxton tweeting ayala is at the top of our wish list

Reaction Score
Bump

I figured I'd bump this thread with will Paxton tweeting ayala is at the top of our wish list

Syracuse has been on him for a long while, and they have dire need, no guards.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Maybe UConn can pull a UK on him like they did with UConn

Reaction Score
I didn't see much of him that year, but I caught his act in the NCAAs in Buffalo (UConn was in the same pod). He hurt my eyes with how bad he was. Couldn't hit a shot. I was shocked he went in the first round. He has decent size though, and a good handle.

Thanks for the scouting report

Reaction Score

That's pretty bad. But we won't have a true SG next year either. And I for one would like to see some length at the 2. Decent height long wingspan. Yeah JA can play some 2 but that's not where he has a chance to play at the next level. Also we have to be wary that AG will play a full year until he does.

Reaction Score
Where we go over the place I guess we need a shooting guard and a big man

Reaction Score

Ayala retweeted this Zags story today. Seems very similar to the one posted on this thread a few days ago, except this now has ALOT more emphasis on UConn than the previous one, presumably because of the Hamidou decision. Nevertheless, good to see that we are at least being talked about more in his recruitment.

Reaction Score

Ayala retweeted this Zags story today. Seems very similar to the one posted on this thread a few days ago, except this now has ALOT more emphasis on UConn than the previous one, presumably because of the Hamidou decision. Nevertheless, good to see that we are at least being talked about more in his recruitment.

Hearing cuse is 1a and uconn is 1b

Reaction Score
Like the kid but if they were successful in this recruiting venture we would have 5 guards, for me too many. But as "32" said above we don't know how healthy Gilbert will be and for how long. Nice player normally would love to rip him out from Cuse's hands just don't think we're ready to mirror Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom