2018 Recruiting: Eric Ayala

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Stairmaster, Aug 24, 2016.

1. James

James

eh, he could also point to ennis. who came in out of the blue , and ended being a heralded first rounder. Much different than say, adams , who is not on any draft radar mid way through his second season.

BUConn10 likes this.
  2. UConnStats

UConnStats

Just to clear up your/any confusion, Ayala has gotten 2 Syracuse picks (based solely on that article posted in this thread, by the way).

Shittu has no predictions and every indication is that he loves Ollie and is strongly interested in UConn. Shittu may be my personal #1 want for 2018. He's actually got some Draymond in him, and I typically despise when people compare players to Draymond. Haven't seen a built PF in HS that is able to run an offense like Shittu in a long time.

Simmons I guess could count, but he's more slender and was considered a SF in HS.

RipCity and mauconnfan like this.
  3. scotty0330

scotty0330

Paxton tweeted Ollie and staff are at Putnam game with VA. Too many targets right up the road to not show face. There was some serious talent on floor. Putnam has Ayala and hami but VA does not have to apologize to anyone. Must have been a damn good game....loads of upper div 1
    Players

4. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Where is Ennis these days?

5. walker11

walker11

LINK

Couldn't help myself. This is his 3rd team in 3 years, he has never played well. Didn't have his 4th year player option picked up (like Bazz did). I think he will be buying a Eurorail pass soon.

mauconnfan likes this.
  6. pauliepeppas

pauliepeppas Active Member

Would have been Chris Thomas 2.0 if he stayed, was the right call

Matrim55 and mauconnfan like this.
  7. Matrim55

Matrim55

Yup. Kid was smart to get into a weak PG draft and get paid.

Adams would do well to remember that for us even if he keeps putting up huge numbers. This is the best PG class since Paul/Williams and is arguably deeper, while next year is thin as hell.

8. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

I like Ayala, but if he reclassified and runs the point for Cuse next year, I'd love it because of the sheer hilarity. Losing Lydon and AW3 is already going to sting, and they're in trouble with their PG situation too, and they have a roster full of backup PGs who don't want to take charge.

9. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

Guess who looked the best in the PSA vs VTA game? Jordan Nwora, who apparently didn't warrant enough attention from us. I know he's similar to Jackson, but he's that classic NEPSAC kid who will tear up the NCAA and leave everyone on here complaining about how we didn't push for him.

King Husky likes this.
  10. husky99

husky99

11. upstater

upstater

I didn't see much of him that year, but I caught his act in the NCAAs in Buffalo (UConn was in the same pod). He hurt my eyes with how bad he was. Couldn't hit a shot. I was shocked he went in the first round. He has decent size though, and a good handle.

12. AntG168

AntG168

Bump

I figured I'd bump this thread with will Paxton tweeting ayala is at the top of our wish list

13. upstater

upstater

Syracuse has been on him for a long while, and they have dire need, no guards.

uchusky32 likes this.
  14. uconnbill

uconnbill Regular Poster

Maybe UConn can pull a UK on him like they did with UConn

15. UofCT2009

UofCT2009

Thanks for the scouting report

16. uchusky32

uchusky32

That's pretty bad. But we won't have a true SG next year either. And I for one would like to see some length at the 2. Decent height long wingspan. Yeah JA can play some 2 but that's not where he has a chance to play at the next level. Also we have to be wary that AG will play a full year until he does.

mauconnfan likes this.
  17. husky99

husky99

Where we go over the place I guess we need a shooting guard and a big man

18. 4xChamps

4xChamps

Ayala retweeted this Zags story today. Seems very similar to the one posted on this thread a few days ago, except this now has ALOT more emphasis on UConn than the previous one, presumably because of the Hamidou decision. Nevertheless, good to see that we are at least being talked about more in his recruitment.

KSC94, UConnSwag11, uchusky32 and 2 others like this.
  19. husky99

husky99

Hearing cuse is 1a and uconn is 1b

20. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Like the kid but if they were successful in this recruiting venture we would have 5 guards, for me too many. But as "32" said above we don't know how healthy Gilbert will be and for how long. Nice player normally would love to rip him out from Cuse's hands just don't think we're ready to mirror Nova.

21. HuskyBballFan

HuskyBballFan

You'd think Cuse would have a huge advantage given that they have zero point guards next year and we have three...but who knows.

22. Hi-Low

Hi-Low Free as a bird

Isn't Boeheim retiring after next season? Although maybe that's a positive for Cuse.....

uchusky32 likes this.
  23. upstater

upstater

What you say is true, but I can't understand it to save my life. People getting on Diallo for not being an outside shooter should realize Ennis could not hit outside shots either. Like a less talented and athletic Dunn. Adams look way better to my eyes.

24. 4xChamps

4xChamps

Yep especially if the rumor that we wants to play PG is true. KO's pitch would have to be that he would play more in a role similar to Rodney's right now (which I think fits his game better anyways)