Eric Ayala | The Boneyard

Eric Ayala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Not in 247's top 100, but I trust Ollie way more than 247 or ESPN on this kid. The staff has seen him a ton.

Reaction Score
Kid really blew up this summer, going to continue to rise if all the hype is real... However, UConn offered a month after everyone did, I feel that has to do more with hedging bets than deep interest?

Reaction Score
Ayala is a combo guard who played more 2 this summer, which is reasonable considering he was playing with Duval.

I will be watching to see how much PT he gets at PG for Putnam Science Academy. If he can play point and UConn is his 'dream school', then a 2018 backcourt combo of Ayala and AJ Reeves would be phenomenal. Both are relatively local and are scoring machines.

Obviously a lot can change, and I'm sure we'll chase Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine, but Ayala and Reeves are high upside players who aren't one and dones.

Reaction Score
Ayala is a combo guard who played more 2 this summer, which is reasonable considering he was playing with Duval.

I will be watching to see how much PT he gets at PG for Putnam Science Academy. If he can play point and UConn is his 'dream school', then a 2018 backcourt combo of Ayala and AJ Reeves would be phenomenal. Both are relatively local and are scoring machines.

Obviously a lot can change, and I'm sure we'll chase Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine, but Ayala and Reeves are high upside players who aren't one and dones.

It changes a lot too if Alterique is still here as well as Vital - that could be the starting backcourt in 2018 right? Good back ups though.

Reaction Score
Man its nice having a (newly established) prep powerhouse down the road from storrs... not sure who i like more between ayala and reeves from W&M. If ayala is actually a pg he has major pro upside, love the fact he's been on campus a bunch too

(has probably been posted before, but kids got game)

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the kid goes to Cuse after acknowledging they're only interested in him because they lost out on Green, that would say a lot about him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If the kid goes to Cuse after acknowledging they're only interested in him because they lost out on Green, that would say a lot about him.
LOTS of guys came to certain schools only after said school missed on their first choice. I mean, Green only went to UK because Duvall & Sexton flipped Cal the bird.

Regardless, I like Ayala a lot. But in no way, shape or form will he be ready to run a high-level D1 offense as a freshman.

Reaction Score
LOTS of guys came to certain schools only after said school missed on their first choice. I mean, Green only went to UK because Duvall & Sexton flipped Cal the bird.

Regardless, I like Ayala a lot. But in no way, shape or form will he be ready to run a high-level D1 offense as a freshman.
Let alone a 2017 freshman. Love Ayala. Definitely underrated, but I can't see him even playing a ball dominant PG until he's a sophomore at the earliest.

Reaction Score
ayala is probably better than vital is RIGHT NOW, i would easily take him as a consolation if hami is league bound. if all he needs to do is pass the SAT or ACT that seems pretty easy. I will jump out of a window if ayala and diallo both don't end up here, both those dudes are on campus using our facilities like they are actual players. you can blame that on diarra or KO, either we have to get one of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ayala and Diallo (PSA) take on Simi Shittu and VT Academy tonight. Hope UConn is well represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom