EPL Prediction time | The Boneyard

EPL Prediction time

Reaction Score
Alright, who does everyone have? Top 6 and Bottom 3.

I’m going with Liverpool, Spurs, City, and Arsenal for top 4 (throws up in mouth).

Top 6
1) Liverpool was the best team last season, and I think they’ll convert more of last seasons draws to wins.
2). Spurs are coming in to the season relatively healthy (knock on wood as there’s still a friendly remaining), and are on a bit of a mission. I believe they will break their trophy drought winning one of the 4 competitions they’re in. if they can keep their back 4 in tact, and not get ‘Spursy’ or turn in to ‘Bottleham’ they could threaten Liverpool.
3). City is loaded, I think they will settle back slightly though.. just a hunch.
4). Arsenal is going to blow lesser teams out with all their offensive weapons, but will struggle against the top 6 and well structured defenses who will expose them on the counter. They’ll lead the league in goals scored and probably concede more than any other team in the top 10.
5). Leicester will threaten for top 4. Some good signings, Rodgers will do well there, but losing Maguire will hurt.
6). Man U- Maguire is a great addition, Ole will lost the locker room though, especially if they still have Pogba.

Other teams -
- Wolves are not sneaking up on anyone this season, and I could easily see them finish in bottom half of the table since they’ll be dealing with Europa League now. Whole different ball game playing those Thursday night matches and then back to league play on Sunday.
- Chelsea transfer ban is gonna hurt them. Interested to see how Pulisic handles the more physical play. He’s going to take a lot of knocks to neutralize his pace. Lamp are will be on the hot seat by years end.

Bottom 3
18) Brighton
19) Norwich
20) Sheff United

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Top 4
Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Man U

Bottom 3
Newcastle
Sheffield U
Norwich

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1 City
2 Spurs
3 Liverpool
4 United
5 Arsenal
6 Chelsea

18 Villa
19 Norwich
20 Brighton

Reaction Score
I think Wolves can improve on last season. They have a lot of talent coming back from last year's 7th place team in Jota, Neves and Jiminez. Last year, Wolves played extremely well against the top 6 but played horribly against the bottom 6. Hoping they can clean some of that lower tier crap up and break into the top 6.

They brought in a couple transfers to address the additional Europa qualifying matches including 21 year-old striker Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan. They may have one or two more signings left in them.

Reaction Score
Top 6
1 City (sigh)
2 LFC
3 Spurs
4 Arsenal
5 Chelski
6 United or Everton

Bottom 3
18 Sheffield
19 Brighton
20 Norwich

really hope Liverpool hold on to the Welsh Wizard, albeit, not much playing time with the current squad. agree with AreBee re: Wolves. Think Everton could potentially make a push up to 6.

Reaction Score
Top:
Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Chelsea

Bottom:
Burnley
Norwich
Brighton

Promoted from Championship:
Leeds
QPR
Fulham

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll have to wait til Thurs to see if Arsenal can bring in a CB. If not, they'll have a tough time making top 4. IF they can get one, they have a decent chance with their offensive firepower. And they only missed top 3 by 2 points last year.

But
1. Man City
2. Liverpool

is easy. I think Man City has more depth for the season run.

I think Everton can make a run at top 6.

I'll go with Southampton, Norwich City, and Brighton & Hove to be relegated.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't begin to speculate on how I think Spurs will do (or Man United for that matter) until the transfer window closes. Way too much up in the air to speculate.

Reaction Score
1) Liverpool (though am hoping they pull a Red Sox, first to last)
2) Man City
3) Tottenham
4) Chelsea (Arsenal will somehow manage to allow Chelsea to finish ahead of them, likely with Pulisic breaking my heart)
5) Arsenal (not enough defense to finish in the top 4)
6) Everton
7) United (let the complete rebuild begin)
8) Wolverhampton (Europa is going to weigh on them)
9) Leicester
------------------------
18) Southampton
19) Sheffield
20) Norwich City

Of course, may change this should any major moves take place before the summer the transfer window closes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 4
1 Manchester city
2 Liverpool
3 Arsenal
4 Tottenham

Bottom 3
18 Sheffield
19 Norwich
20 Brighton

Reaction Score
If Arsenal somehow manages to swing this deal, I would bump them up to 4 as the Gunners would have extra money after dumping his salary to bring in significant reinforcements on defense.

PS - Ozil and MLS are perfect matches, he'll generate money for MLS and he will not be expected to give it his all for 90 minutes every game.

Reaction Score
City
LFC
Spurs
United
Wolves*
Arsenal
Chelsea

*Yes, Wolves at 5th...how much would that win me on betting sites?

Norwich
Brighton
Sheffield Utd

POTY: Bernardo Silva

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll have to wait til Thurs to see if Arsenal can bring in a CB. If not, they'll have a tough time making top 4. IF they can get one, they have a decent chance with their offensive firepower. And they only missed top 3 by 2 points last year.

But
1. Man City
2. Liverpool

is easy. I think Man City has more depth for the season run.

I think Everton can make a run at top 6.

I'll go with Southampton, Norwich City, and Brighton & Hove to be relegated.
Ok Transfer Window closed (in anyway). Looks like we got a replacement (sorta - Sideshow Bob), but hey we got Tierney so that should be an improvement. The less we have to play Mustafi, the better off we'll be. When Holding and Bellerin come back our defense will be better than last year. We should score more than last year, sooo overall we should improve. And like I said we were only a couple points off 3rd.

1. Man City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Tottenham (ouch that hurts)
  4. Arsenal
  5. Everton
  6. Chelsea
  7. Man U
I'd be very happy with that. With a shot at Europa and the FA cup. That would be a great year. Being able to celebrate St. Totteringham's Day?...... that would be icing.

Reaction Score
1. Man City. The best and the deepest team in the league. If their eleven starters all got hurt and the second unit could go injury free, it would probably still be Top 4.

2. Liverpool. I expect a fall off -- what they accomplished last year with that roster was remarkable -- but the only team I can see catching them is Spurs. More on that in a moment.

3. Spurs. Spurs had a good transfer window -- added two players, one of whom I expect to be outstanding from day one and the other will be good and may be outstanding, right now and two for the future -- but not a great window. Adding either Coutinho or Dybala would have put then in the league of Liverpool, but they didn't. Also, in the long term not getting the money they wanted for Ericson will hurt. I expect him to be sold to Europe by September -- and if not to go somewhere in the winter window -- but they were counting on more money for him than they will get. I expect Spurs to be better than they were last year -- maybe substantially better -- but probably falling just short of Liverpool.

4. Big drop off to #4, and it's wide open. If I have to guess I think getting David Luis gives Arsenal the #4 spot -- at least it can score and I expect they will get a hold of their road woes in year #2 of this regime -- but if you tell me it's Chelsea or United, I'm not shocked.

Not sure that anyone from the next tier (Leicester, Wolves, Everton, Hammers) has a chance for top 4, but if you tell me one or two of them pip a collapsing Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal for Top 6, I'm not at all surprised. One of those clubs may end up in free fall.

Bottom 3 -- don't care or watch bad clubs enough to have an opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Man City
2. Spurs
3. Liverpool
4. Man U
4.5 Wolves

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope Pulisic has a good game. If he gets off to a rough start, Chelsea fans will
be all over him thinking he needs to be the next Hazzard.

Edit: Pulisic starting on the bench. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I raised an eyebrow at starting Mason Mount over him. But I didn’t see the game.

But the EPL is always going to favor Brits.

Reaction Score
I had some unexpected free time this weekend and caught three games, though I wasn't paying that close attention.
  • It was good to see the Villians back-up; but, Tottenham outclassed them over time and the spurs spent the last 20 minutes in Aston's back third. Kane continues to be a clutch goal scorer.
  • The Gunners were not really challeneged by Newcastle on the road and it was good to see them get 3 points. I want to see them when the full roster is on the field (security issues?) and to see how their back line looks under pressure.
  • Speaking of back lines, what the heck happended to Chelsea's defense? Man U's defenense has speed; but, they looked like Barcelona in that match. Pullisic did not do much; but, he's an offensive-minded creator and Chelsea was already on their back-heel by then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom