Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ahhhhhhh, finally the answer to a long standing riddle on another board here.

We had already figured it out. :) But now "Christine Taylor" has me intrigued.

Reaction Score
Bob Backlund came up and introduced himself to ME this summer.(long story, but he was doing a book signing at a festival I was playing at) I marked out big time. I was a huge wrestling and Backlund fan as a kid and the fact that he went out of his way to seek me out and tell me he enjoyed our music was one of the cooler things that ever happened to me. I then proceeded to bore him by asking questions about his most famous matches for 30 minutes. He was patient and humored me. One of the nicest guys youll ever meet. Dude is still in serious shape too.

I asked him to put me in the cross face chicken wing.

Backlund's wife was my high school gym teacher. He came in a few times and did workouts with the class. Guy was in incredible shape.

Reaction Score
Not the most famous person I've spoken with, but most in-depth and interesting conversation was a 3-hr train ride from PA to NYC with Donald Gregg, former US Ambassador to South Korea, a player in Iran-Contra*, CIA operative etc.. Really bright guy, incredibly interesting conversation ranging full gamut of life from education, family & personal values to torture, humanity and nature of the truth.

*he was understandably obtuse in not referencing Iran-Contra directly, but topics of public perception, courts, testimony & complexity of right & wrong were telling & I think echoes of his experience.

Reaction Score
I sort of spoke to Marvin Hagler once. He was walking down the street with short shorts, white socks pulled up to his knees, carrying a boombox like Radio Raheem. It was the night of a Hit Man Hearns v. Sugar Ray fight. I said, "Hey Marvelous, who's going to win the fight tonight." And he said, "I don't know, and I don't care!"

My dad was a huge Hagler fan, so naturally so was I. I remember crying like a little girl (or a little boy) when he lost to Leonard.

Your story makes me love the guy even more.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I was eating in this Texas diner in Manhattan and the movie critic Rex Reed sat down next to me. We spent about 40 minutes bullshitting. I never once brought up the topic of movies, figuring he was sick of that subject.
Most important: met a former employee for the state department in the waiting room of my doctor's office. His achievement: Wrote the treaty of Pyongyang.

Reaction Score
Jimmie Dean, the sausage guy, my son walked into him, literally, in Miami and 25 years later ay Montauk. He had the ugliest steel yacht painted blue. Never did talk to Him though except to apologize for my 3 year old walking into him.

Ran into a movie star at my vet she was living with child star Dickie something or other,talked about our dogs. Can't recall her name, petite blonde, had a quite a voice.

Paul Newman.

Reaction Score
Have met DiNiro, Notorious BIG, Lindsay Lohan, Mike Piazza, Ed Koch, Will Farrell, Mark Wahlberg, Clive Davis, Michael Imperioli of the Sapranos, but my absolute favorite was Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes fame. Was leaving the mens room in a restaurant in Litchfield County, and literally bumped into Mike Wallace. I look at him and blurt out, "Holy Sh#t, you're Mike Wallace!!" (I was overserved at the time!) He starts cracking up, shakes my hand and says, "thats right, what's your name?" Proceeded to have a 20 minute conversation with the man, I was a total fan girl about meeting him, and he was completely cool with it. Biggie, Koch and Piazza were all good dudes too.

Reaction Score
Had drinks at a table with Michael Jordan and a few others and talked college hoops.

Reaction Score
Huey Lewis (on the golf course)
JC (last time was at the Naval Academy last week)
Jerry Orbach (saw him every summer, we shared an uncle)
LBJ (when I was a kid, his helicopter landed on the golf course next to my house, spoke with whole family)
Steve Schirripa (waiting for and then on the train from New London to DE)
Sergio Franchi

Reaction Score
Pierre Sprey, Ron Carter, Chico Hamilton, Amy Brenneman (always a sweetheart), Kelly Masterson (screenplay for "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead"), Victor Gerena, Jeff Davidson, prolific author ("The Joy of Simple Living")

C

chiller99.5

Mike Strahan . pt gig at his football camp..Lisa Fischer , back up Rolling Stones...Ron Wood also Stones..

Reaction Score
Jimmy Buffet...I did not know I was talking to him. Sitting at a bar shooting the Sheet with some guy waiting for my wife to get off work in St Thomas, USVI in 1978. When she got there we got something to eat and all of a sudden the bar got crowded. I asked the waiter why...Jimmy Buffet is going to sing. Low and behold the guy I was talking to started singing on stage. Also, met Travis Tritt at a private fans meet and greet at the Jiffy Lube Center. Howard Cosell at the King School (Stamford) Father son Dinner. He was there acting as a father figure for his grandsons. Bryant Gumbel was the guest speaker.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting topic. My list is below and I know I'm forgetting a few names. More so than famous, the most interesting people I've met that I was most impressed with are Mike Goulian and Sean Tucker, a couple of aerobatic stunt pilots and a couple of different astronauts. Astronauts have better stories than you do. Period. End of discussion. No matter what you've done, they've done it while circling the earth. They win.

President Ford
Governor Jerry Brown
Sen McCain
Sarah Palin
Rory McIlroy
Drew Brees
Greg Norman
Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Tim Wakefield
The Mythbusters
Little Big Town
Charlie Ward
Roy Jones, Jr.

Reaction Score
Matt Dillon and Benicio del Toro.

But actually the biggest was Tatsuya Nakadai, a Japanese actor who's rivaled only by Toshiro Mifune in stardom and fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom