Enough with the Talent complaints | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Enough with the Talent complaints

Reaction Score
They clearly don't coach it well enough. And if it isn't working---which it hasn't--game after game--how about the OC trying a new idea. Have our QB fake our patented, highly anticipated, (and historically) unsuccessful UConn throw to the sideline, and instead fire a quick slant that's (I don't know) perhaps unexpected.
Too logical to break tendencies. That’s not how we roll….I’m mean not roll.

Reaction Score
I think we all need to understand that we are in the portal era with money available for players. TRANSFERS ARE HAPPENING AT EVERY SCHOOL. UConn will lose some and gain some and only one UConn transfer, Carter, is playing a key role for his new team Saban lost about 20 players last year. Syracuse lost their top CB to LSU. BC lost 2 DBs to Texas A&M and Wisconsin. Sam Hartman, QB at Wake Forest for 5 years with great stats, left Wake for Notre Dame.

What has been most disappointing to me is that there are many top rated HS QB recruits that leave P5 schools every year and UConn should be grabbing one almost every year. We did with Roberson and we should have grabbed another this year.
I agree with most of this but I don’t know how many we’ll “gain” if we continue playing g like this. No self respecting offensive player will want to play for Charlton. And I don’t even think we have a DC. Could be wrong but you’d have to be out of your mind to transfer to UConn right now based on our performance so far.

Reaction Score
There's no great mystery here. They're transferring to better teams and a better chance at playing in the NFL. It happens all over college football.

I'm sure Charlton sucking didn't help, but let's be realistic here. They were probably gone anyways.
Doesnt matter why guys leave. Every player is a free agent at end of year. Especially when you are at your first stop.

Reaction Score
There's no great mystery here. They're transferring to better teams and a better chance at playing in the NFL. It happens all over college football.

I'm sure Charlton sucking didn't help, but let's be realistic here. They were probably gone anyways.
Not like UConn football hasn't also benefitted from productive portal transfers in. Hopeful it's always a net positive.

Reaction Score

Where you play has little impact on getting to the NFL. Those guys find everyone with talent.

Reaction Score
I agree with most of this but I don’t know how many we’ll “gain” if we continue playing g like this. No self respecting offensive player will want to play for Charlton. And I don’t even think we have a DC. Could be wrong but you’d have to be out of your mind to transfer to UConn right now based on our performance so far.
Unless you wanted to play and you weren’t.

Reaction Score
Guys. It is a talent issue. UConn was just beat by a team that has more offensive talent.

We can blame Charlton and or/Mora all we want. We can say something about college kids, and must be nicer.

Or, you can go recruit better players. That takes time. Get a QB, get WRs who can make plays.

I like the backs. Decent OL, but everything else is so unexplosive.
It only takes hitting on one guy for quarterback. Unless we are talking Notre Dame it has to be really a difficult sell to ask a great qb to come to an independent that has no national panache in football to play for a team that is pretty irrelevant on the national level. Still if you hit on one and can keep him upright you can turn things around. Look at the career Orlovsky had. NFL and broadcasting careers. Who wouldn't be happy with that.

Reaction Score
Unless you wanted to play and you weren’t.
Yeah but I could go to a school with an actual offense and do that is my point. Like our offense is nationally bad partly bc our OC couldn’t coach pee wee football effectively. I really think it’ll be a struggle to bring in good talent til we have better coaches - mora excluded

Reaction Score
Yeah but I could go to a school with an actual offense and do that is my point. Like our offense is nationally bad partly bc our OC couldn’t coach pee wee football effectively. I really think it’ll be a struggle to bring in good talent til we have better coaches - mora excluded
Why would Mora be excluded?

Reaction Score
I think the only talent that is really missing right now is QB. Roberson has the physical skills but he isn't accurate and is afraid to run (rightfully so) because of last years injury. If Roberson ran more I think the offense would be able to move the ball much better.

Reaction Score
It only takes hitting on one guy for quarterback. It has to be really a difficult sell to ask a great qb to come to an independent that has no national panache in football to play for a team that is pretty irrelevant on the national level. Ppl
It’s all about the $$$ NIL. Offer him $1M and he’ll arrive. A local HS QB was offered $300K by a school and said “where do I sign!”

Reaction Score
I think the only talent that is really missing right now is QB. Roberson has the physical skills but he isn't accurate and is afraid to run (rightfully so) because of last years injury. If Roberson ran more I think the offense would be able to move the ball much better.
So those WRs are just wide open waiting for a QB to throw to them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom