Enoch | The Boneyard

Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He has a tremendous amount of upside and I have every reason to believe he'll be pivotal for us in the coming years. However, he wasn't playing in the role that we need him for today. He's shown a lot of competency in his post moves and in his abilities to be the big who can back down his defenders and score over them in the low post. That's what we need him to do this season, as apart from Miller, we don't have a lot of guys who can really do that. I was a bit confused by Enoch acting as a mid-range spot up guy today.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He played 3 minutes...

Had a block and was 1-2 in that spot. If you watched him in high school, especially at Norwalk, he can hit that shot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He played 3 minutes...

Had a block and was 1-2 in that spot. If you watched him in high school, especially at Norwalk, he can hit that shot.

Perhaps he can, but we need him banging down low, getting the dunks/lay ins, put-backs and offensive rebounds that might elude some of our other bigs.

Reaction Score
I trust him more than Brimah at this point. Brimah never seems to get a rebound or catch a pass. Enoch has good hands and is tough. I'd like to see more of him.

Reaction Score
S
I trust him more than Brimah at this point. Brimah never seems to get a rebound or catch a pass. Enoch has good hands and is tough. I'd like to see more of him.
Selective watching. It can be cured[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Have no clue why he only got a few minutes, you can tell the kid is going to be a stud if he could just get some time. Way more upside than our other bigs.

Reaction Score
What a strange and unpredictable team. With all of this experience we have with returning players and new 5th year transfers our trust to this point has fallen on the 2 freshman in JA and Enoch. Who would've thought...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Perhaps he can, but we need him banging down low, getting the dunks/lay ins, put-backs and offensive rebounds that might elude some of our other bigs.
We gave him freedom to take a few shots against USF, so I don't see why he should get the red light vs. Houston - especially since he was open. Have to keep letting him do that, he'll grow as a player faster. Can't yank the leash on an aggressive young big.

Reaction Score
He did exactly what he should have done as the guards drove into the lane. He can't stand in there and clog it up, he popped out perfectly and showed confidence taking good wide open looks. Him not working the block and post is more a factor of our slashing, guard heavy offense than it is him being unwilling to work down there. There were a couple sequences where he ran the floor well and got very good position in the post but no guard was willing to make the entry pass.

Reaction Score
Have no clue why he only got a few minutes, you can tell the kid is going to be a stud if he could just get some time. Way more upside than our other bigs.
But then what do you do with the great Amida Brimah? KO seems to drastically overvalue Brimah's limited overall contribution. It's as if he continues to pay him back for that 3 point play against St. Joe's and the lucrative 5 year hot seat exemption that came with it. I'd personally love to see a lot more Enoch.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But then what do you do with the great Amida Brimah? KO seems to drastically overvalue Brimah's limited overall contribution. It's as if he continues to pay him back for that 3 point play against St. Joe's and the lucrative 5 year hot seat exemption that came with it. I'd personally love to see a lot more Enoch.

You don't watch much basketball, do you?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Probably more than you John Wooden. Do you have a shred of realism in your bones? You really wave the pom poms to a fault. Nobody can say a critical word around here without you jumping to KO's defense.

Brimah picked up 10 points and 7 rebounds while only fouling thrice in 30 minutes. Yet you can't fathom any reason as to why KO would want to play him besides St. Joe's? I think I'm the realistic one here, whereas you're the one that's off on some faraway planet. Out of all of the hardo, irrationally-angry hot takes that show up after losses, yours takes the cake.

Reaction Score
Brimah picked up 10 points and 7 rebounds while only fouling thrice in 30 minutes. Yet you can't fathom any reason as to why KO would want to play him besides St. Joe's? I think I'm the realistic one here, whereas you're the one that's off on some faraway planet. Out of all of the hardo, irrationally-angry hot takes that show up after losses, yours takes the cake.
He actually played well today overall, especially according to the box score. But what the box score doesn't show is all the times he tries to block shots resulting in an easy put back for the other team, and good passes he fumbles away game after game. My frustration with him wasn't so much today but in general. Enoch needs and deserves to play more, which was the point of this thread. As for the frustration, I watched us blow another game we should have won from 10 rows off the court, so yeah I am angry. You seem to accept losing far too easily lately.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As much as the guards inconsistency is infuriating, the Junior/Senior big men's total output per game is what dooms this team.

The biggest donut team UConn has had in almost 20 years, probably longer. I'm not going year by year to see which other team had Junior/Seniors that are less productive.

The combined stats for Nolan, Brimah and Facey are 12.6 points and 10.4 rebounds. That's two recruiting classes that are now the upper classmen and that their combined output.

Even the stopgap of bringing in Miller only brings the four man rotation up to 25.6 points and 16 rebounds.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm a fan, a spectator. What am I supposed to do? What I accept or don't accept has absolutely nothing to do with how the team performs in the future. I'm not some big-money donor.

Sell your house, donate all the earnings to UConn basketball, and sleep in the basement of Gampel. Only then will you truly have "tentoesin"

Reaction Score
AB had a solid game today

We get 10/7/2 out of the guy we should win. But like DHam he is also giving up points on the other end. Didn't hedge on a Dotson 3 instead retreated, KO was pissed. Got screwed on a foul hands straight up, give him that. Missed a huge easy dunk, huge have to catch that pass from Gibbs. Didn't run back hard and missed a chance for a block and they got an easy lay up. Too many attempts for blocks off the ball where his guy is weak side and get easy put backs, was it 2 or 3 times? But those mistakes are every game with him and his teammates make up for them most of the time by scoring more points, therefore we walk away saying "wow 10/7/2, great game for Brimah where are all the haters" - well not yesterday he was part of the problem too. Not sure how no one else sees the details missed other than the "haters"

Moral of the story: If the rest of the team blows as they did, so does his 10/7/2. But if the rest of the team scores 70 points and you add his 10, we can love the guy! LOL - he is what he is!

Reaction Score
I love S Miller- he is a great addition to the team. However using two spots to fill in the our needs for a single season is not really how we have had success in the past. We develop UCONN players and they get better as a team over time.
It's easy to second guess KO- if everything clicked on paper this year like most of us thought it would -we would have ten threads about KO leaving for the NBA.
If KO calls me in the next few weeks I will ask him to limit transfers to one player per year- develop everyone else.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan you and I both know not to throw that pass to Amida, how come Gibbs doesn't?

Amida gambled on the weak side block a few times too many but he's WAY down the dog house list in this game and was a net positive. He also drew 2 whistles on the offensive and defensive glass which kept the ball in our possession, so defacto rebounds.

Brimah's decision making and positioning have been much better the last couple of games. He's going straight up and roofing with two hands instead of swinging down on his blocks. He's in the right place under the hoop and sealing well on the boards. His hands are what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom